Warning: Don't dive down on the skeleton's spine. Your drake might get trapped

AdligerAdler

Usually I dive down and land on the skeleton's spine at full speed. No issues until today. In the skeleton's spine are cavities. My drake got stuck in one of those. It took 10 minutes until I somehow managed to get out by spamming jumping and boost gliding. Just a warning. Better land somewhere else or slow down before touching the spine. 

Assuming you were gliding fast enough before it rendered in and you got stuck inside the spine itself that's amusing, but you shouldn't fear that. Getting trapped inside something like an object/structure for instance the spine won't be a problem. As you can jump/shift-run/shift glide out, but if ARK decided to change that then yes getting stuck in something of ARK's map would be a problem then.

Beats logging in to find yourself falling to earth from space, freezing and gasping for air in an environment with none.

Another tribe member had the same experience when giving his Reaper King imprints.

Yesterday we did a server update only for us all to log on burning on the surface.  Just glad that we run our own servers and can restore backups and such when the game decides it doesn't want to play fairly.

The drake pit I dive bomb the fossil but then as approaching it I cloak and head straight into the first of the nests where I settle, de-cloak (if safe to do so), regen stamina, grab eggs then boost glide back up.

On 1/29/2018 at 7:30 PM, MirageUK said:

Beats logging in to find yourself falling to earth from space, freezing and gasping for air in an environment with none.

Another tribe member had the same experience when giving his Reaper King imprints.

Yesterday we did a server update only for us all to log on burning on the surface.  Just glad that we run our own servers and can restore backups and such when the game decides it doesn't want to play fairly.

The drake pit I dive bomb the fossil but then as approaching it I cloak and head straight into the first of the nests where I settle, de-cloak (if safe to do so), regen stamina, grab eggs then boost glide back up.

Try other dinos falling into the void with no way of getting towards them. I lost a basilisk of that.

I have lost a wild Karkinos and a wild Megalo to the map as I was trying to aggro and kite them to traps they got stuck on/in my drake and glitched them into the map floor :(

I also almost lost my drake to the same with a Paracer trying to stomp me - luckily was only half glitched into the map and could still jump back out safely as was mounted on the drake at time.

Archived