Recent announcement to NERF stego

MultiScoreGasmz

death of the soakers...?

The stego, getting a huge nerf for damage resistance...some might say good it was way too good at soaking. But the problem is the devs are nerfing all other soaking Dino’s(bronto, paracer, etc) almost into the ground with health stats when they’re suppose to be “tanky” Dino’s. Every creature in ark has a purpose, the stego was recently useless now more recently given use for soaking turrets, now that only use is threatened I do not agree with either of these up coming nerfs for the patch scheduled for the 18th of February and if enough people get behind me we might be able to change the deva mind!

14 minutes ago, MultiScoreGasmz said:

Thank you for the clarification, since everyone refers to them as dragons it’s easy to get confused! But the issue of the stego how do you feel about that?

Bro? For real? Can nobody just play ark and enjoy it without getting really freaking analytical and technical?

My server has stegos turned off on our cluster for the mere fact, they are too op.

I feel this patch may ACTUALLY balance them out again. 

Not only that, aberration has a new bullet soaker (The Crab) which is equal to if not better then the stego.

Guest DJRone89
19 hours ago, MultiScoreGasmz said:

death of the soakers...?

The stego, getting a huge nerf for damage resistance...some might say good it was way too good at soaking. But the problem is the devs are nerfing all other soaking Dino’s(bronto, paracer, etc) almost into the ground with health stats when they’re suppose to be “tanky” Dino’s. Every creature in ark has a purpose, the stego was recently useless now more recently given use for soaking turrets, now that only use is threatened I do not agree with either of these up coming nerfs for the patch scheduled for the 18th of February and if enough people get behind me we might be able to change the deva mind!

All of these complaints about how the 100 turret limit is not enough, so they need to nerf the bullet soakers too. They finally let us know what those reductions will be, and low and behold, people are complaining again.

I really do feel for Wildcard on this whole balancing game. They have their work cut out for them trying to please a disapproving playerbase while the vocal minority screeches at every little change.

10 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

All of these complaints about how the 100 turret limit is not enough, so they need to nerf the bullet soakers too. They finally let us know what those reductions will be, and low and behold, people are complaining again.

I really do feel for Wildcard on this whole balancing game. They have their work cut out for them trying to please a disapproving playerbase while the vocal minority screeches at every little change.

Wild card trying to please people all they ever do is annoy there gamers and they sure dont listen to us....ha ha best joke ever

Guest DJRone89
30 minutes ago, ItWasntMe said:

Wild card trying to please people all they ever do is annoy there gamers and they sure dont listen to us....ha ha best joke ever

Lol your comment is a joke. I’m sure if Wildcard didn’t listen, they would never fix bugs, release content, or better yet, even bother to further develop their game.

5 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

The funny thing is the game should have been balanced BEFORE launch, not 5 months later. Looks bad imho when they are still doing massive balancing nerfs this long after full release

Guest DJRone89
42 minutes ago, KingGalahad said:

The funny thing is the game should have been balanced BEFORE launch, not 5 months later. Looks bad imho when they are still doing massive balancing nerfs this long after full release

The turret issue only came into fruition after launch. You could argue that they should have introduced the limit in early access. The balancing is a knock on effect.

I’d say the nerf is good. A stegosaurus soaking bullets was cheating, or glitching at least. I mean the trick where bullets hit the scales instead of the person, when they are supposed to be set on players. It’s not an intended mechanism and therefore against rules. 

Im not a raider though, so is that what makes it a tank or does the creature have natural overall high health/defense? It always seemed to me that the “scales” had unusually high resistance than the rest of the Dino but that could be the whole creature. 

I just assume it’s a glitch because that’s all these cancerous freaks in PvP ever do. There’s no real fighting any more, only exploiting unintended mechanics. Which is why I am in PvE 

On 1/27/2018 at 8:07 AM, Signedfan59 said:

Bro? For real? Can nobody just play ark and enjoy it without getting really freaking analytical and technical?

My server has stegos turned off on our cluster for the mere fact, they are too op.

I feel this patch may ACTUALLY balance them out again. 

Not only that, aberration has a new bullet soaker (The Crab) which is equal to if not better then the stego.

Not to mention you can totally bring a crab with two stegos in its claws

Why is it people always need to complain? If you don’t like what WC are doing simply don’t play, or since you’re developer professionals, why don’t you make your own game? If you can’t do better then what they did then stop running the team down every chance you get. Play the game and enjoy it or don’t.

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Idk man when I play chess I always feel like its UNFAIR AND WRONG that white plays first

White is OP

I can tell it's sarcasm but I'm going to say it anyways for people that take it seriously: board games =/= video games.

No matter the amount of buffs/nerfs there will always at least be something considered 'off-meta' and something will always be considered top tier. Plain and simple.

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Idk man when I play chess I always feel like its UNFAIR AND WRONG that white plays first

White is OP

In a more complicated game, for example GO, where there is a little more variance they have been balancing quite a bit over time with handicap points and tiebreakers (Komi rule in GO). So your point is moot.

Archived