Community Crunch 116: Dino TLC, Upcoming Patch Notes, Steam Humble Sale & More

Jatheish

I really liked all the Phase 1 dino visual changes (especially Direwolf), but I really don't like this new Argy. The wings and body are a good improvement, but the head and neck make it look like a glorified Dodo. Or perhaps a bigger Terror Bird.

Old Argy's head is much better because it doesn't have this weird, long, crooked neck and it is entirely covered in feathers, whereas new Argy is missing some feathers under the beak and on its head for some reason. 

I always liked how an Argy looked like a fierce, majestic bird of prey. But now it just looks like a strange sort of vulture.

I hope that you can tweak it further, Argy is one of my favourite creatures and I would hate to see it ruined like this...

I hate having to nag as it makes me seem like a brat so I will say some thing good after saying my criticism.

The spino's sail needs to be more square looking and its chest a bit extended, like this: 

Grand Pharoh lizard returns

Other than that I really think you guys have done a good job on the TLC models :)

Also, just as a preference, you should make the aberrant spinos have a bio-luminescent sail as it would look awesome! :D

1 hour ago, DarkFalcon said:

But now it just looks like a strange sort of vulture.

Argies ARE vultures. Not eagles, not hawks. Vultures.

Anyway. I really do like new look of argie.

Spino's new model looks like a big step back - it looks plastic and unnatural. Previous scaly one is better, imo.

Also agree with posters before that Spino should be like a big Baryonix: without oxygen stat but also immune to jellies.

Giga scream that freezes opponent in terror. Drake roar as well as roars chirps etc for all dinos. Water based map with water Drakes,water Wyverns,Octopuss that color changes and Hallucination attack, and a water Boss fight. How about war saddles not tek but war saddles for dinos such as Triceratops, Mammoths, Rhinos, Stegos, sabercats etc that allow more riders, placement of turret guns, etc. For musical instruments please add guitar, and war horn. And my favorite maybe add new Bio Weapons such as craftable Diseases that can be made weapons, maybe placed on darts, bullets, spears, bombs etc.mustard gas etc. Anyways great job on all the improvement love the game and again great job ?.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, math368 said:

is the dinausore stuck tree is when said to their ia that the trees c very boring this bugue present debut of the game also no the update of the s + and we are turret are ready dev kit so do not see why it takes so much time to se do and optimization wait for the final version of the games I'm sorry that I bugue that I report all the time on furum notament famous dinos stuck tree tape on tree that unlocks all alone

S+ is still being worked on to decide what is being integrated into the base game, what is being made optional via INI and what is being left out and therefore remaining as part of the Mod. The Dev Kit has nothing to do with it.

More plants too like a Hallucination attack plant you can grow,a venus fly trap plant that eat players and large dinos you can grow, and tendril plant you can grow that grabs and crushes victims and dinos n the only way free is with blades. This would make swords more useful being the strongest thing to break free with. Lastly a Narco plant that puts down big dinos can be grown and produces giant Narco bombs that can only be launched with cannons. What do you all think of these plant ideas?

45 minutes ago, Shave said:

Could you please make the Tek Tapejara saddles taming a Titan optional rather than taking it out altogether? 

How on earth are you supposed to tame it on Singleplayer on your own without that saddle?

uuuh... a stationary Bronto and a... a cannon if you prefer but probably a manned catapult turret

No !!! Come on as if the dunky wasn't so slowly now you wanna Nerf it, and add more breeding time to Brontos and parecer ?? And also Nerf it... What are you thinking ??? If you wanna do ark harder that's ok but don't exaggerate it, but please don't Nerf the dunky, ok just think, it is extremely slower but at least has resistance to fight with everything that wanna kill it in the sea, because is impossible runaway, but if you make it weaker, it will died very easy.... So think in that please....

Server Option to make Supply Crates random (?RandomSupplyCratePoints=true)

What does this mean? As in, on an unofficial server, checking this option could allow high level gear only found in red or yellow crates to be obtainable in white or green ones?

That's just how I read it, but probably wishful thinking!

Edited by ZRISTWI10

55 minutes ago, ZRISTWI10 said:

Server Option to make Supply Crates random (?RandomSupplyCratePoints=true)

What does this mean? As in, on an unofficial server, checking this option could allow high level gear only found in red or yellow crates to be obtainable in white or green ones?

That's just how I read it, but probably wishful thinking!

I could be very wrong on this, but I take it to mean that it randomizes the places that drops appear.

First off: I LOVE the new Argy model! It finally looks like a vulture-esque giant bird, instead of a fat parrot/pigeon. The new saddle and abilities are great, and are definitely useful. But, as some others have proposed, why not give the Argy a glide ability like the Griffin (albeit not as nearly as fast) but perhaps just enough to maybe speed it up a tiny bit? As someone who plays exclusively single player it would be a godsend to be able to dive. I'd love for the glide ability to be added to all the fliers, so flight is more dynamic and realistic. But I understand if its not possible.

The new Spino looks nice, but it doesn't really look drastically different. I like the bipedal and quadrupedal options though and the new abilities are good. I don't use the spino often but it might change, who knows? 

Lastly, as an Xbone console player, I understand the wait for updates, as certification with Microsoft seems to take exponentially longer than PS4. But, I was wondering if there was an ETA for the dino TLC for xbox/ps4 at all? 

Thank you, and keep up the good work Wildcard! :Jerblove: