Community Crunch 116: Dino TLC, Upcoming Patch Notes, Steam Humble Sale & More

Jatheish

Hi,
My son Rickypedia04 and his friends posted this:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/295733-community-crunch-114-dino-tlc-console-ragnarok-sales-nvidia-freestyle/&page=5&tab=comments#comment-1744714

and now they are asking for some modifications or new features:

• Give to Sarcosucus better movements and animation when swimming (like Kaprosuchus) and running (Sarco is a little ridiculous).

• For Raptor: MORE plumage

• Give to Thylacoleo the ability to climb shifting on the right or on the left side (keys a & d?)

• Female of Mammuth must have little tusks, both male and female could grab little animals with their trunk

• Give to Carbonemys a variant of his saddle provided with a “slot” where you can install an auto turret or a primitive cannon. Needs ability to hide into his carapace

• Spynosaurus needs a tek saddle

• Para could alarm with their call when there are enemies/wild animals in the surroundings

Thanks. Bye!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Umber0010 said:

That's how vultures look, with featherless heads so that they stay somewhat clean.

On 1/29/2018 at 4:33 AM, TemperanceXIV said:

And just so you are aware a mug is a face, and molting is what happens when I bird loses its feathers. Hence a vultures face looks like it’s loosing feathers.

^

I overall love these changes! When I first looked at the update, I was pretty shocked. I didn't really expect you guys to do a makeover for the older dinos, but in a good way! It makes them look a lot more realistic to their true appearance, and made them look smoother. The only minor issues I have with it is that the Dire wolf lacks detail on it's face, and honestly when you see that relaxed expression on a wolf while it's charging at you, it doesn't feel very threatening. Personally, I like this model better: https://imgur.com/a/mPAhy

but that's just in my eyes, other than that I love the changes. Just another dino I think should "receive some love" is the Sabertooth.

I am SUPER pleased with this list. There were a few bugs I'd encountered in Ark and when researching, found they had been there for a LONG time, and certain improvements had been asked for for ages. But I see a lot of those tackled in this list and frankly, with a game as massive as this, I can understand the slowness in regards to responding to these changes.

Though... I'm not sure if I like the new spino texture. It looks really smooth... Then again I just really like the spino, it is my favorite dinosaur hands-down. But I also love the iguanodon, and having the ability to switch between bipedal and quadruped is AWESOME. Super excited for this. 

EDIT: SKITTISH SETTING!!! I'm assuming if a fight happens near them or they are attacked, this means they run, similar to how babies flee from fights? If so this is EXACTLY something I've been wanting and am super hyped... even more! 

Edited by Slvr

These visual improvements are sweet, gameplay mechanic additions are awesome, but I am really hoping you take a look at the footstep sounds of the Allo, Rex, Spino, Carno and Megalosaurus. Not only are the sounds bizarre, but they are much louder than any other sound effect in the game and I always have to turn down the volume to almost mute, especially with the Spino and Allo and Carno. Terrible sound FX, please take a look. Also the Dire bear sounds like Bane from Batman, after a few drinks. Maybe there should be an option to Disable Sounds for your tames. Have you ever been in a pen with 10 bears and 5 Argies?Its completely unbareable. 

The new Argy model looks like a massive dodo, imo. The saddle and weight mechanic should have been added with the flyer nerf, people wouldnt have been so riled up about it...Bringing the Argy back is nice. Literally just sitting around eating since the nerf, louder than ever. 

Favorite game though. Thanks!

9 hours ago, blochmind said:

These visual improvements are sweet, gameplay mechanic additions are awesome, but I am really hoping you take a look at the footstep sounds of the Allo, Rex, Spino, Carno and Megalosaurus. Not only are the sounds bizarre, but they are much louder than any other sound effect in the game and I always have to turn down the volume to almost mute, especially with the Spino and Allo and Carno. Terrible sound FX, please take a look. Also the Dire bear sounds like Bane from Batman, after a few drinks. Maybe there should be an option to Disable Sounds for your tames.

Agreed, I'm fine with the rex,  but Spino, Allo, and Carno are literally unusable for me because of their ridiculously loud footsteps. Carnos got changed a while back, but then the loud ones got brought back for some reason. This is game breaking for me and some of my friends seeing as these are some of our favorite creatures but they're too annoyingly loud to enjoy. If we can't all agree then I again suggest a footstep volume slider, which is needed regardless because while a lot of other creature footsteps aren't as bad as these, they are still a little overdone and annoying at times. 

Im so glad im not the only one! The Spino and Allo would be my favorite if it wasnt for the stupid sound FX. And seriously, hanging out in a pen with a bunch of animals is crazy. Just like we can “disable looking” we should be able to disable the random ambient sounds they make. I wouldnt mute them all. Just enough for sanity.

It would be cool to see an update to the DIlophosaurus and the Titanoboa with the TLC updates. The Dilo could maybe be bigger, ridable, and have a warning before spitting its venom. It can be a later tame, possibly after the raptor. As for the Titanoboa, maybe some sort of wrap around attack would be nice (since its a boa constrictor). I always liked both these creatures, but they both seem kind of useless currently in ARK. :Dilophosaur:

21 hours ago, blochmind said:

Im so glad im not the only one! The Spino and Allo would be my favorite if it wasnt for the stupid sound FX. And seriously, hanging out in a pen with a bunch of animals is crazy. Just like we can “disable looking” we should be able to disable the random ambient sounds they make. I wouldnt mute them all. Just enough for sanity.

I agree we should be able to mute them. I have a friend who won’t go anywhere near a Thorny Dragon because it sound like a “demonic Navi” lol

It looks amazing, but seriously do something about the trike!!

the trike was the natural Rex oponent! It was twice the size of rhino! I think you should up its stats considerably and do a size increase, and give it the ability to charge like the wholly rhino.

about other Dino’s I think the magalodon could get an update and give the paracer an ability to buff you with sound, and please please do something about the mesopithecus! No ofense but right now its horrible 

On 01/02/2018 at 10:52 PM, rokhofers said:

Wait, really? God, I hope they deliver on that.

Yep, you can see it in this thread: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/mysterious-mysteries-introducing-ark-digest-51-community-crunch-107-r581/

It's the 15th question under the Q&A section. At least we know it's coming xD

Arneo or new Giant Taranchula that can climb walls use web to create traps and web walls. You could use torch or flame arrows to burn them but takes awhile to get through, rockets would not work place c4 n you get stuck. This could make having a sword handy to since if you get caught in it you would have to cut yourself out. Maybe this could work in game?