Community Crunch 116: Dino TLC, Upcoming Patch Notes, Steam Humble Sale & More

Jatheish

17 hours ago, TemperanceXIV said:

I said I have given feedback, and quoted what feedback was given. There is literally no way to take that out of context, I think you should go check that up in the dictionary. If you can’t understand where half my words are coming from then clearly you are skimming. And just so you are aware a mug is a face, and molting is what happens when I bird loses its feathers. Hence a vultures face looks like it’s loosing feathers.

But perhaps you should go re-read with a dictionary instead of trying to dispute my opinion. 

You quoted your "feedback" in a way that was actually appropriate and provided some good personal suggestions that I actually wouldn't had argued against had you actually delivered them in that way. However your delivery's often consisted of insults and simply saying the new model is trash, ugly, and non-threatening. Which are all incredibly opinionated and provided little to no actual feedback that would be beneficial to read. Mug is actually an informal noun that does mean face but is often used in a derogatory way or used in the context of an insult, "Ugly mug" is a super common phrase that is certainly not simply reminiscent of just 'face'.

*Moulting is what happens when a bird loses its feathers, obviously. Yet you used that word in a way to imply the model is ugly, because obviously it is not supposed to look like the Argentavis is moulting, since why would it moult constantly? It doesn't even look like it is moulting, which is another point to be made. Those things attached to its body are called feathers. 

EDIT: Btw, I don't really like the idea of flooding this entire comment section with this argument, so unless you say something unbelievably incorrect, I'm just gonna make this my last comment. 

Edited by Vladd

Anyone else think that there should be a roar/taunt for each dinos? And make some use to it?? I think its very annoying that im walking around with my spino and a smaller dino gets in the way in that perfect moment???? I think it would be cool that when you have a large high lvl dino that all the smaller dinos would sort of be watching their backs and staring at you as you just walk by, preparing for an attack instead of just mindlessly wander around getting IN THE WAY specifically xD. I also think when you roar, it should give other dinos terror, and challange the bigger dinos, make them roar as well. I think the AI dinos just wander around to mindlesly, and it be cool to see them react to other dinos maybe have some dinos from diffrent speicies hurd up and you can see various herbivor dinos grouped up, see wild dinos take caution from their surroundings. Also all dinos should be able to roar and run at the sametime :3 

5 hours ago, Vladd said:

You quoted your "feedback" in a way that was actually appropriate and provided some good personal suggestions that I actually wouldn't had argued against had you actually delivered them in that way. However your delivery's often consisted of insults and simply saying the new model is trash, ugly, and non-threatening. Which are all incredibly opinionated and provided little to no actual feedback that would be beneficial to read. Mug is actually an informal noun that does mean face but is often used in a derogatory way or used in the context of an insult, "Ugly mug" is a super common phrase that is certainly not simply reminiscent of just 'face'.

*Moulting is what happens when a bird loses its feathers, obviously. Yet you used that word in a way to imply the model is ugly, because obviously it is not supposed to look like the Argentavis is moulting, since why would it moult constantly? It doesn't even look like it is moulting, which is another point to be made. Those things attached to its body are called feathers. 

EDIT: Btw, I don't really like the idea of flooding this entire comment section with this argument, so unless you say something unbelievably incorrect, I'm just gonna make this my last comment. 

23 hours ago, TemperanceXIV said:

And just so you are aware a mug is a face, and molting is what happens when I bird loses its feathers. Hence a vultures face looks like it’s loosing feathers.

Argent and spino model look good, as do the rest. I feel like the rex's roar causing dinos to poop is a dumb idea though if I'm honest, seems very gimmicky.              Happy to hear that it will be able to manoveur around terrain easier.                                                                                                                                                                              I understand the rex is used in boss battles but it needs some kind of ability or dmg buff to make it more of a threat in pvp, it's a t rex for crying out loud why does a dire bear have higher base dmg, I should feel equivalent fear seeing a rex, spino or giga ingame as they were all apex predators.                                                          Wolves are getting some sweet features that I'm excited for as well as the gigantopithicus.  Please make it so my wyvern can actually defend me if left on neutral, AI for wyverns is terrible as is the landing mechanics. 

You are telling me that a Rex, which is, what, a third the size of a giga, should be as terrifying as a giga? You are telling me that Rexes should be as scary as one of the God beasts that aren't even allowed in boss fights?

Be happy that a dino that didn't really need a TLC pass got one. They we're already heavily utilized in PVE and PVP, in fact, they are one of the most common tames (and for that reason I personally try to avoid them completely). The fact that they will literally SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ENEMIES isn't epic to you? One high level Rex will be able to be used to temporarily (I get it, it's only like a half sec stun) CC and ENTIRE raiding team. Roar and every enemy dino is forced to stand still and crap. Snipe dudes off. Bombard with shotguns and rockets. GG!

39 minutes ago, Drackus said:

You are telling me that a Rex, which is, what, a third the size of a giga, should be as terrifying as a giga? You are telling me that Rexes should be as scary as one of the God beasts that aren't even allowed in boss fights?

Be happy that a dino that didn't really need a TLC pass got one. They we're already heavily utilized in PVE and PVP, in fact, they are one of the most common tames (and for that reason I personally try to avoid them completely). The fact that they will literally SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF ENEMIES isn't epic to you? One high level Rex will be able to be used to temporarily (I get it, it's only like a half sec stun) CC and ENTIRE raiding team. Roar and every enemy dino is forced to stand still and crap. Snipe dudes off. Bombard with shotguns and rockets. GG!

I think the rex, spino and giga should be on par with each other, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. The spino was the biggest out of all three, rex had the most bite force and the giga most likely had the most stamina as they hunted large sauropods for days at a time. 

I know the game isn't based on realism, just annoys me is all lol. 

Not every creature will stop and poop, will have no effect on 'creatures higher level than itself.' 

17 hours ago, TemperanceXIV said:

just to chip in here 

"And just so you are aware a mug is a face, and molting is what happens when I bird loses its feathers. Hence a vultures face looks like it’s loosing feathers."

but the vultures face doesnt look like its losing feathers, like at all, because it wouldn't be, since birds only moult about once a year, so how does the vulture look like its losing feathers? It isnt losing feathers because they wouldnt model an animal in the moulting stage just like how they wouldnt model the basilisk removing a layer of skin, it just has feathers, like all birds, and that is that. how u not getting this bro?

1 hour ago, BehemothSlayer said:

just to chip in here 

"And just so you are aware a mug is a face, and molting is what happens when I bird loses its feathers. Hence a vultures face looks like it’s loosing feathers."

but the vultures face doesnt look like its losing feathers, like at all, because it wouldn't be, since birds only moult about once a year, so how does the vulture look like its losing feathers? It isnt losing feathers because they wouldnt model an animal in the moulting stage just like how they wouldnt model the basilisk removing a layer of skin, it just has feathers, like all birds, and that is that. how u not getting this bro?

Does it have feathers on it face, bro? No.

On 1/29/2018 at 4:17 PM, SeeRgiinfinity29 said:

The Spino sail shoild be different, the rounded shape looks very strange to me. This way looks better 

Sin título-1.png

The "experts" have changed their minds on how the Spino really looked more often than most people change socks.  I wouldn't get too used to thinking of that one as accurate, the odds are good it will change again.

11 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

The "experts" have changed their minds on how the Spino really looked more often than most people change socks.  I wouldn't get too used to thinking of that one as accurate, the odds are good it will change again.

I know this is not accurate, but maybe this shape or just extending the sail to the tail. The rounded one looks meh