Community Crunch 116: Dino TLC, Upcoming Patch Notes, Steam Humble Sale & More

Jatheish

4 hours ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

I cant remember the last time i was excited for an update, but this one looks good :)

hopefully it's the start of a trend and wildcard will get back on track.

i only have 2 issues, 1 minor issue...i much prefer the old argent beak to the new one, i could care less if it's more historically accurate or not ;) and the other issue is whoa hold your horses with those massive HP nerfs! i mean i could sorta get it with the land dinos cause of the turret nerf and all (still seems a bit too much) but the water dinos? what? why!?!

Underwater-based PvP, where applicable. Tuso's have a poopting-ton of health, and Dunkles damage reduction made them the best water-soakers. This change brings them more in line with the Mosa.

I'm not a fan of the Spino-change... It looks worse and the new abilities aren't that great. I'd like to see no oxygen like the Baryonyx and an immunity to eels/jelly fish. It should look less spikey (the ones on top of the sail?!) and more like this: latest?cb=20160322231137

I kinda like the new Argentavis because it finally looks like a giant vulture, but instead of weight reduction on obsidian it should have it on metal. I've never seen people going on obsidian-runs with Argents...

I really do like the changes for dino looks for the most part, but being a huge realism/immersion enthusiast broken wrists, featherlessness and other "mistakes" throw me off. In the same sense, I really don't like how the new spino looks. It was a very, very weird dino, and I wish it was more like that. That said, Holy moly does the updated Bigfoot look much better now (I refure to think of it as a Gigantipithecus).

I wonder, what does the Random Supply Crates actually mean. If made random, it chooses and picks from all available items, mods included?

10 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

I'm not a fan of the Spino-change... It looks worse and the new abilities aren't that great. I'd like to see no oxygen like the Baryonyx and an immunity to eels/jelly fish. It should look less spikey (the ones on top of the sail?!) and more like this: latest?cb=20160322231137

I kinda like the new Argentavis because it finally looks like a giant vulture, but instead of weight reduction on obsidian it should have it on metal. I've never seen people going on obsidian-runs with Argents...

I very much agree on the spino. Apparently there's two (or three) ways people think on this: us, who prefer it as close to what it to our knowledge really was like, those who prefer the Jurassic Park/outdated look, and those who don't much care. (On the same note, I know they're not going to make the Raptor better, but one can always hope, right?)

By not showing the name of player who killed you with equipped silencer you do hackers a favour. It will be more difficult for normal player to report a cheater who used silencer.

Nice to see Spino recieved proper sculpting this time. 

You ought to remodel a raptor, because its eyes go out of its eye sockets and they move too randomly, tail is too short, feathers looks like spikes and arm ones clip through model, running and walking animation aren't synchronised with distance it's being covered by one step. 

Edited by Lewiatan

21 minutes ago, Ihmislehma said:

(On the same note, I know they're not going to make the Raptor better, but one can always hope, right?)

The Raptor is going to receive a TLC update.

Anyway, I love what you guys are doing! That Argent update is massive, both looks-wise and ability-wise. Definitely going to be a top tier tame. The Spino looks alright, but I feel like there could be more done to it in both the ability department and looks department.

Option to disable fog is by far one of the best things about this update! Easily one of the most annoying parts about playing SP.

Can't wait to see what else you guys have in store for TLC updates!

i haven't played for over 2 months now and the list of changes wont be changing my stance. some of these "bug fixes" have already been implemented months ago but didnt roll trough successfully and some other crucial problems still havent been dealt with. like personal pins for vaults on a large tribe or tuso grab through the mesh. or when you get hammered by cheaters you cant do anything but report and wait for days, whilst your base will be wiped in hours. pvp requires 24/7 activity from a tribe but even then, the bigger tribe wins. having no limits on their size (alliance too) means steamrollling on the smaller guy. 

i guess if i ever wanted to play this game again, i'd have to venture to the private servers. kinda sucks that the officials with more stable future are set up like trash :/ 

is the dinausore stuck tree is when said to their ia that the trees c very boring this bugue present debut of the game also no the update of the s + and we are turret are ready dev kit so do not see why it takes so much time to se do and optimization wait for the final version of the games I'm sorry that I bugue that I report all the time on furum notament famous dinos stuck tree tape on tree that unlocks all alone

Atmospheric sound slider!!! Yes, please!! :D Been requesting that for ages now.

I almost got happy about the dragon change but then I read it correctly. It's not the direct fire damage being the issue with that fight. It's the 20% fire DoT afterwards. 50% less on the direct fire damage won't change anything.

Everything else just looks amazing! :D First pass on the Spino looks decent. I hope the final version won't have its patterns removed. I really love that about the Spino's colors. Oh and let it do a lot more damage when standing on two feet :D  I remember when it first came out and it did more damage than a Rex. Cool times, not realistic but it was cool with an alternative source of damage on your team.

1 hour ago, Frogspoison said:

Underwater-based PvP, where applicable. Tuso's have a poopting-ton of health, and Dunkles damage reduction made them the best water-soakers. This change brings them more in line with the Mosa.

Why would the tuso need to be more inline with the mosa though? you wouldn't take a mosa to a squid fight....you take a squid. squids are more rare, and a more difficult tame. and the mosa has a platform and a tek saddle. 

So i did the math and comparing a squid to a mosa both with 40 wild points in health, the squid would now have only an approx 1500HP advantage over the mosa. But the mosa will now get more HP from tamed levels than the squid, so that advantage will quickly be lost. The mosa already had a significant advantage in Stamina, Food, Weight, Melee(tuso likely has better DPS, wiki lacks this info) and torpor over the tuso.

Now the only clear advantage the tuso has over the mosa is speed(well, and not being dismounted by jellyfish....) so this really seems to put them more out of balance than they were before. and comes with the unintended? side effect of making alpha runs and water cave runs even more difficult with a tuso.

On the topic of the Spino, could we see a bit of a stat boost to match its size, taming difficulty, and saddle level?

Baseline Health - 700. I would bump its health on up to 1-1.2k.

Weight - I feel its weight should definitely be bumped up to 6-700. At 350, a Trike has almost as much carry!

But yea, it would be very nice to have its health bumped up. Right now, its extreme lack of health is the only thing preventing it from being used as a substitute for Rexes in Bossing

• Like 1