Favorite dino?

Hawks88

5 hours ago, Hawks88 said:

Which Dino do you guys like the best and why?

Mine is the ravager mostly because it can climb zip-lines.

I have not tamed a Ravager, so I cannot say for sure. But for me it depends on what I need for a situation, but if I could only have five dinos, I'd probably choose

-Spino

-Baryonyx

-Ankylo

-Doedic

-Argentavis

I know it's not exactly what you asked but this is the best answer I can give. Just as an additional note, my list only consist of creatures I've tamed/used. I have not tamed most DLC creatures.

Spino has been my favorite Ark animal almost since they were released. I got my first spino before I got a rex, when I think most people did it the other way around, especially since rexes were around since day 1 and spinos weren't. Anyway I immediately fell in love with the model, the beautiful colors and their sheer versatility. A spino can go literally anywhere on The Island (except caves obviously), and that's exactly where we went. To the bottom of the oceans, the tops of mountains and everywhere in between. By the time I got around to taming a rex I was just so disappointed with their limited colors, slow attack speed and inability to navigate terrain effectively that I pretty much never tame any as mounts anymore, even with breeding and mutations. And now with Aberration there are gorgeous, glowing spinos everywhere to tame and breed and raise, love that butt wiggle.

I think for me it is the Anky. 

As a kid I was a huge Triceratops fan. They looked awesome, seemed like one of the few dino's who a rex would think twice about going after (they had a little bit of an overlapping time frame in the Cretaceous period) and I still think a Trike is awesome but not when it comes to Ark. 

In Ark the Anky is just so versatile and only it's speed is a weakness. It harvests just a ton of different materials, has metal weight reduction, and is very powerful. When on a bred Anky the only things I'd hesitate to go after/stand up to is a Giga, Titan, Deathworm (debatable actually since I've never trudged an Anky out to the desert. Might be a weekend activity when I want to blow off a little steam) and a Theri (who will knock me unconscious on the back of it but if that would happen I wouldn't fear for my neutral Anky). Obviously that can be said with a lot of dino's but most of those are carnivores/omnivores so the fact that a pure herbivore has that type of unworrisome attitude says a lot about the prowess of an Anky. 

I need higher base melee but still have dreams of taking an Anky army into a Broodmother or Megapithecus boss fight. The HP is coming along nice at a base of 7140 as well as the stamina at 945. Just want to get some more hp and melee mutations. 

5 hours ago, Marksman338 said:

I have not tamed a Ravager, so I cannot say for sure. But for me it depends on what I need for a situation, but if I could only have five dinos, I'd probably choose

-Spino

-Baryonyx

-Ankylo

-Doedic

-Argentavis

I know it's not exactly what you asked but this is the best answer I can give. Just as an additional note, my list only consist of creatures I've tamed/used. I have not tamed most DLC creatures.

If you can only have 5 spino and Baryonyx are redundant choices as they both do the same thing, only bary does it loads better and can fit in caves .

4 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

Lol ravengers drakes Argys frogs and doed are not dinos some arnt even real lol

Same goes for everyone about to mention crabs wyverns Griffins mantis rock element dire bear etc etc 

My favourite dino would have to be megalosaurus lately , fun to use as a main mount on aberration.

Surely by now you should know dinos refers to more than just dinosaurs in Ark. If we're playing that game favourite dinosaur in Ark would probably the yutyrannus. Love the model and animations !

14 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Lol sorry but it just sounded stupid..... 

What's your favorite dino? Mines that made up syfi looking devil dog thing that climbs zip lines...... 

What??? 

My favorite dino is a motorboat, its great for getting around on water and carrying stuff, plus it can have turrets and 1v1 any animal  in the game 

Why cant I like a made up dino in a video game? how can you compare a made up dino with a motorboat lol....

On 1/27/2018 at 7:41 AM, SmokeyB said:

If you can only have 5 spino and Baryonyx are redundant choices as they both do the same thing, only bary does it loads better and can fit in caves .

I prefer using the Spino for oceanic battles due to its higher health and damage, along with its unlimited under water stamina, for fighting alpha megalodons, mosasaurs, and other similar creatures. If you insist that I replace one though I'd have to replace the Spino for the Therizino.

The pachy, because while they are quite weak (*cough*, Wildcard), they are quite fun and can do decently well in a PvP setting.

Some of my other favorites would be the therizinosaurus because they are versatile, the baryonyx because they are a nice bridge between the raptor and carno, and the mosasaur because they are strong underwater tames that can carry a platform saddle. 

12 hours ago, Bobo1234 said:

The pachy, because while they are quite weak (*cough*, Wildcard), they are quite fun and can do decently well in a PvP setting.

Some of my other favorites would be the therizinosaurus because they are versatile, the baryonyx because they are a nice bridge between the raptor and carno, and the mosasaur because they are strong underwater tames that can carry a platform saddle. 

yeah the therizinosaurus is really good

My favorite creature in Ark is easily the Basilosaurus. I also really love the Doedicurus and Mammoth, but the Basilosaurus was easily the creature I was most hyped about!

I was also really hyped about the Liopleurodon, and that would've been up there with the Doed and Mammoth, but they handled it so terribly and 'meme-y' that I hate it so much.

On 1/27/2018 at 12:34 PM, AngrySaltire said:

Basilosaurus, even since its announcement I was excited to tame one. Deffinatly my favourite tame and such a useful underwater tame. Cant touch me now jellies and eels ! Might have been slow but worth the immunity to the stun attacks.

Tusos are immune to eels and jellies

Archived