*To be continued*

Welcome to the Aberration Omega Index

~ Thanks to DemonAteHer or mostly known as "Mickey" on official servers.

Let me start this by saying.. This is not a map to start up on, as i will explain the one too many dangerous things/zones to be aware of.

I will briefly explain what i will include. The best ways to "Don't be too critical as these are my opinions and what i see best"  harvest/collect the following: 

Resources through tames, tames, kibbles, imprints, Drake eggs, zones and how to encounter them safely,  loot crates, and how to critically transfer TEK engrams/replicator for using the engrams attained by defeating Rock Well. "Don't quote me on this, but i still believe you need the replicator to make the engrams achieved by defeating Rock Well. As I'm working towards going Alpha Rock Well on a one time boss fight for all the engrams."

As most people know once you have gotten yourself a Reaper, Drake and a Basiliskos. "Won't include Karkinsos, because i personally hate them but you need them". There is not much to do but chain breed and build an omega base. So I'll start this by enlisting the best ways of attaining resources.

Resources

"Stone" Stone is much easier when using a Doedicurus & Karkinsos for transport. A couple ravagers on follow would help boost the amount of stones collected pet run, also note that ravagers half down the weight of anything but ingots.

"Wood" Wood is best harvested with a Roll Rat & a couple of ravagers on follow.

"Thatch" Ah.. Most people have a problem here but fear no more. Use the wood achieved with the help of the Roll Rat to convert it to thatch. You could also use a Karkinos to transport an Ankylo for thatch harvesting. If none of the above is available use a ravager and do not dismount whilst hatching down those trees with a pick.

"Oil & Black Pearls" I left these two together because i believe the best method for oil has the black pearls around the oil nodes. Oil can be collected at "The Surface" or "The Island located at the bottom of the spine around the purple river".  The surface has three entrances of which all include oil but not as much as the island. The surface is a dangerous zone with reaper spawns and close to no time for mining enough oil before the scorching sun gets you. The island located at the bottom of the spinal cords has the most oil and the only black pearl source as i have seen. Another alternative which you should always have is the classical "Dung Beetle" method. That never gets old.. They wander around at Blue Zone.

"Silica Pearls" I will start this by saying get an Angler Fish as it's worth the tame. Now you might wander how do i transfer this Angler to other areas with a lot of pears? Ah.. Now you see ARK added a new fish basket, once tamed set it on follow or move it towards the basket and press E on the basket. Then move towards the location you want to unleash the Angler Fish and release that pearl wrecking machine. Alternative is hand picking which i do not suggest unless it's x2 and if you're too lazy on the Angler.

"Obsidian & Polymer" Right so you need a lot of polymer i see? Get yourself a strong tame a Megalo/Spino/Reaper/Drake/Ravager. Bare in mind if you have a ravager make sure you're under the Karkinsos and that you're attacking it fast enough for it not to be able to dismount you. There you have it a ton of organic polymer. You could also get a lot of Achatina's down at Blue Zone and you won't get as much polymer as paste "not worth the polymer. Obsidian spawns in Blue Zone, The Island and the Surface. It's not worth as you could just attain the polymer through crabbo with no grabbos."

"Cementing Paste" Dont we all just love collecting chitin? Hah, thought so.. Get a bunch of snails folks and you have 60 pastes an hour at each Achatina "Snail", keep in mind they store up to 100 paste only. For instance 10 of them would produce 1000 paste in an hour 40 mins. Then just repeat or get a bunch of chitin use the stone methods enlisted and there you go a bunch of cementing paste. 

"Crystals"

"Element Ore"

"Gems"

"Gas Veins"

*To be continued*

u-just-wait.jpg

Right it will take A LOT more considering the fact that i'm doing this professionally along with some photos. It also note doesn't cover one thing but everything. It's not a one page over reaper impregnation, it includes everything about that to the imprints they need etc. Everything else too not just reapers of course.

14 hours ago, demonateher said:

Right it will take A LOT more considering the fact that i'm doing this professionally along with some photos. It also note doesn't cover one thing but everything. It's not a one page over reaper impregnation, it includes everything about that to the imprints they need etc. Everything else too not just reapers of course.

Ya, I'm just giving you a hard time. Hope this page really turns out well. And if I can be of any use while spending my time on Aberration on official doing things let me know.

19 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Shut up, Marv!

And yes. Yes there is...and a slew of Youtube videos and such. I'm giving this guy a shot though. Sounds like he wants to add something new to the mix.

Still got a lot more to talk about, considering i'd like to go more over the tames/kibbles/imprints/traps/dungeons&crates/TEK. Expect more to come. Oh not to forget zones, don't get your basilisk killed btw the sides of the area under the surface of NW where you get metal are scorched up for some reason. Will talk about zones much more. Still busy on server/here/life. This should be done soon though.

More on oil.

Wait for an evolution weekend and harvest trilobites up and down the river (the river that splits towards the blue biome just next to fertile lake) , on 2x or 3x you can gather 100s of oil with a good crab/spino/drake. Even on 2x weekends I can spend 30 mins and come back with 3-400 oil. Much MUCH more viable than risking the bottom of the map or the surface.

*Gems*

Green gems are essentially unlimited and free in the fertile lake area, look out for a green glow, set an anky/doed in front of it and hit away! you'll get 100's upon 100's in just a few minutes.

Blue Gems - in the blue zone, look for blue lights/crystals, slightly more dangerous than the "green zone" take a light pet, a crab and a doed or anky.

Red Gems- Pain in the butt, especially for high lvl drake saddles that cost 1k+. These are found from 50/50 all the way down the path to the reaper queen halls (and down in the spine area) stick to the higher area going from 50/50 down into the west side of the map and youll come across some clusters on the map. Careful this is a RAD zone so I tend to take a weight crab or drake and gather by hand (you could use alot of mushroom brews but at 2 minutes effectiveness its more hassle than its worth)

Gas Veins

These are everywhere and they have a short life span, the same as an oil pump in Ragnorok or SE, so if you cant find one, check around periodically as some of them will decay very rapidly. If your on PVE usually just asking for someone to unlock 1 or 2 tends to work as you don't really need a tonne of them unless your crafting ascendant Hazmat gear. Even veins with locked taps on them will spit out the occasional gas ball to pick up off the floor. 

Archived