The Big foot is visiting Abberation?

Ryuenji

It' an annoying tame that' not really that useful , would rather have bears or megatheriums on aberration to be honest. 

Don't see myself passive taming one of them with berries and no point starting a titan boa farm with no thylos on the map . Plus it's slow and not even climbing Zip lines will help it be mobile . 

Would rather have thylos or bears on the map , I would see everyone using them , will never see anyone on a ape , all it's doing is taking up a spawn on the map , with a passive non aggressive herbivore , so basically making it easier as it takes a rav spawn or carnos spawn or just making it more annoying as a stupid ape spawned instead of a sheep

14 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

It' an annoying tame that' not really that useful , would rather have bears or megatheriums on aberration to be honest. 

Don't see myself passive taming one of them with berries and no point starting a titan boa farm with no thylos on the map . Plus it's slow and not even climbing Zip lines will help it be mobile . 

Would rather have thylos or bears on the map , I would see everyone using them , will never see anyone on a ape , all it's doing is taking up a spawn on the map , with a passive non aggressive herbivore , so basically making it easier as it takes a rav spawn or carnos spawn or just making it more annoying as a stupid ape spawned instead of a sheep

We had quite a few ideas pop into our heads when coming up with some additional abilities for the Bigfoot. Did it need more strength and fighting abilities? What about how well it moves? Could we provide it with some new features? Ultimately, here's what we've settled on:

The Bigfoot will receive an armour-degrading attack; this means when it fights, it'll do more damage to your armour's durability. It is important to note that the armour-degrading attack will not affect the Yeti creatures found in the game.

Its movement needed some work! So we'll be giving it the ability to jump, which is kinda critical, considering it will need to know how to hop on and off all the zip-lines it's going to climb! Yup, that's right. It'll be able to use zip-lines!

In addition to those changes, we'll also be improving it's throwing ability, so it's more accurate (similarly to the Crab) and providing it with the ability to carry (on its shoulder) small creatures and throw them!

I imagine it'll probably get a movement speed buff as well. The Tender Love and Care Pass is designed to make the creatures relevant again

2 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

It's not currently useful, but they are going to give it an armor debuff (bye bye turret tanking effectiveness/reaper tankiness, and allow it to carry a shoulder pet (portable light carrier) and give it a decent jump and movement rework, making it a mobile debuff bot. 

You are aware that you can transfer the titanaboa kibble out of aberration are you not? Thylas imo would destroy the verticality of aberration and make rock drake eggs trivial, and why does everybody love direbears, there are plenty of better games out there, plus with the ease of honey gathering on aberration, they would be too easy to tame.

As for effecting spawns, it depends entirely on which spawn grouping they put it in. Nobody will care if there are less parasaurs or stegos spawning because they added the ape, there are hundreds of spinos and ravagers as it is, aberration needs a bit more spawn variety, 3 or 4 more tames would benefit the map, possibly add dilos and oviraptors as rarer spawns in the glow pet pool (which addresses kibble missing for 3 important tames) and some terror birds would be a great addition to the luminescent zone.

And who in the hell needs more sheep, I literally have a trough full of mutton and drop wool.

20 minutes ago, Saupe said:

It's not currently useful, but they are going to give it an armor debuff (bye bye turret tanking effectiveness/reaper tankiness, and allow it to carry a shoulder pet (portable light carrier) and give it a decent jump and movement rework, making it a mobile debuff bot. 

You are aware that you can transfer the titanaboa kibble out of aberration are you not? Thylas imo would destroy the verticality of aberration and make rock drake eggs trivial, and why does everybody love direbears, there are plenty of better games out there, plus with the ease of honey gathering on aberration, they would be too easy to tame.

As for effecting spawns, it depends entirely on which spawn grouping they put it in. Nobody will care if there are less parasaurs or stegos spawning because they added the ape, there are hundreds of spinos and ravagers as it is, aberration needs a bit more spawn variety, 3 or 4 more tames would benefit the map, possibly add dilos and oviraptors as rarer spawns in the glow pet pool (which addresses kibble missing for 3 important tames) and some terror birds would be a great addition to the luminescent zone.

And who in the hell needs more sheep, I literally have a trough full of mutton and drop wool.

Lol in one post 5 tames that should be added to aberration before the monkey . Thylos ,bears , dilos , oviraptors and terror birds . 

Add megalanias to the list and there's like 6 things that defo should add before the monkey. 

Make monkey useful by letting him use guns and have turrets mode. Qol for the monkey make him tame from beer. 

1 hour ago, Ranger1 said:

I don't feel that the addition of zip line use is an indication of bigfoot being added to Aberration, as zip lines are being used commonly on every map now.  Yes, it's always possible of course... but I don't think it really fits the Aberration theme very well.

I don't foresee bigfoot coming to Aberration any time soon. If I'm wrong, I'll cook my frog and eat it and post the video in this thread.

10 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Lol in one post 5 tames that should be added to aberration before the monkey . Thylos ,bears , dilos , oviraptors and terror birds . 

Add megalanias to the list and there's like 6 things that defo should add before the monkey. 

Make monkey useful by letting him use guns and have turrets mode. Qol for the monkey make him tame from beer. 

First bold:

11 hours ago, Saupe said:

Probs never gonna happen unless wc decides otherwise

Second Bold: And I recalled Aberrant Megalania's data was inside the folder, its just never made into spawn zone at all, period.

Third Bold: And we already got a dino that needs to be tamed with beer, theres isn't a need for another one.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived