Reaper and Nameless Connection?

GenTech1000

3 hours ago, Kawarriorking said:

Clearly we need more info on just what was going on with the Aberration map pre-tek bomb(good band name btw).  In every other map we see advanced future tech like the obelisks and the tek cave....even down in the artifact caves. But AB takes that to a whole new level. From the ruins it seems that AB had a full underground tek city, complete with train/tram that runs from the green zone artifact cave all the way down to the element chamber(or maybe the track just broke). The portal at least we know was built by humans from our future so that is explained. But what about the other ruins? Was the AB map a ARK built to recreate an existing biome on Earth? In the future does humanity destroy the environment so completely that we are forced to move underground, and is AB a recreation of that environment?

As far as I know (and I have researched the lore quite a bit)

1. The ARK had a functional surface with greenery and the surface animals that spawn in the caves below.

2. The massive TEK construct that we see in aberration is the portal that Helena and Mei-Yin use to get to earth. It was built by Diana's tribe, and was engineered by Santiago. The Spine connects down to Rockwell's element lake, and rears up through the radioactive zones to the blue, before connecting up to the ceiling and leading to the Portal spawn point. The Portal spawn point is the final part that accelerated the survivor to earth. Since the portal is in disuse and is rusting, it is probable that the events of the explorer notes took place YEARS before we came along.

3. The other ruins are part of the Portal used to support it. They are also parts of large buildings that fell into aberration or were built by Diana's tribe.

4. As far as I can see on the Extinction concept art, The surface is habitable. Aberration's unfortunate situation is purely a result of the overseer being bombed, thus revealing a secondary world that was inaccessible to the survivors on the surface.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Kawarriorking said:

Good points, this is why I like discussing this stuff. I assumed the spine and its track was part of the old railway system, but your right it is part of the portal instead. Given the scope of the ruins in Aberration Diana's tribe must have been truly massive.

They had been on the ARK for years, building the thing up into a whole "nation" of sorts. They then blew up the overseer and ruined everything.

7 hours ago, THESHREKONING said:

They had been on the ARK for years, building the thing up into a whole "nation" of sorts. They then blew up the overseer and ruined everything.

Or not, she who waits says that the system of survival we are in is broken(very meta lol) and the only way to beat the system is to break out of it. She says that others did so with a gate. By breaking Aberration and building the gate Diana and Santiago may have created an opportunity to escape the system entirely. Although since she who waits is assumed to be Helena she obviously didn't escape the system but became part of it.

3 hours ago, Kawarriorking said:

Or not, she who waits says that the system of survival we are in is broken(very meta lol) and the only way to beat the system is to break out of it. She says that others did so with a gate. By breaking Aberration and building the gate Diana and Santiago may have created an opportunity to escape the system entirely. Although since she who waits is assumed to be Helena she obviously didn't escape the system but became part of it.

WHat i'm talking about is Diana's tribe. She specifically states she's part of an "air force"

10 minutes ago, THESHREKONING said:

WHat i'm talking about is Diana's tribe. She specifically states she's part of an "air force"

You mean she was part of an on ARK Air Force? The Air Force reference is to her time before the ARK. On Earth in the Future she is part of the United Republics of Earth Air Force. The URE is at odds with the Terran Federation and there are members of both factions in Dianas group. Also May Yin and Diana both comment on the structures down in the element chamber as being ancient ruins. May Yin notes that the ruins look almost identical to the buildings Dianas tribe builds but were obviously built by a people long gone. So some of the tek structure we see in Aberration was created by Dianas tribe but some was already there long before Diana showed up.

Archived