Reaper and Nameless Connection?

GenTech1000

Have you ever been followed by the nameless and then a reaper king comes to ruin your day? The reapers and the nameless seem to have some sort of connection, however, what is it? I believe it is like a grizzly bear (the reaper) following a pack of wolves (the nameless) until they make a kill, and then it takes the wolves’ kill. But what do you think?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i had to guess, do to the Nameless' calling the kings, along with the fact that they can both burrow and have a weakness to charge, i believe that they may be the same species in an Element-infused Hierarchy. to go from low tiers to high tiers

The nameless are the workhorse of the reaper hierarchy. They're small, and therefore "cheap to produce". There job is to hang around anywhere they can and to gather food. the Alpha is likely the eldest in there "clutch". commanding there younger siblings, but still working under the higher order of the queens

The Reaper kings are likely the warriors of the Reaper Hierarchy. there job is to provide backup for the weaker nameless. along with taking out any players that stroll there way.

and finally, the Reaper Queens are the center of this hierarchy, they live in the lower caverns, feeding off the stronger prey there, and laying nameless and king eggs

49 minutes ago, Umber0010 said:

if i had to guess, do to the Nameless' calling the kings, along with the fact that they can both burrow and have a weakness to charge, i believe that they may be the same species in an Element-infused Hierarchy. to go from low tiers to high tiers

The nameless are the workhorse of the reaper hierarchy. They're small, and therefore "cheap to produce". There job is to hang around anywhere they can and to gather food. the Alpha is likely the eldest in there "clutch". commanding there younger siblings, but still working under the higher order of the queens

The Reaper kings are likely the warriors of the Reaper Hierarchy. there job is to provide backup for the weaker nameless. along with taking out any players that stroll there way.

and finally, the Reaper Queens are the center of this hierarchy, they live in the lower caverns, feeding off the stronger prey there, and laying nameless and king eggs

I like this idea.  Since they are all often burrowing so much perhaps they live together in networks of tunnels inside the ark that the players can't access.

12 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

I like this idea.  Since they are all often burrowing so much perhaps they live together in networks of tunnels inside the ark that the players can't access.

1 hour ago, Umber0010 said:

Reading this made me think of 1 thing. So to sum it up. The covenant off of halo lol. Prophets(queen)>hunters(alphas)>elites(kings)>grunts(nameless)

7 hours ago, Umber0010 said:

I never thought about it that way before. This sound even more likely than my theory, however, they do not bear any resemblance to the Reapers. But hey, who knows. :)

1 minute ago, GenTech1000 said:

I never thought about it that way before. This sound even more likely than my theory, however, they do not bear any resemblance to the Reapers. But hey, who knows. :)

Well the Xenomorphs, which the Reapers are based on, Bear no resemblance to the Face huggers, which is how they re-produce. so there different designs could be a reference to that

If you look at the Reaper Model close enough it bears a lot more resemblance to the Allosaurus. As for the connection to the nameless and Reapers I had originally thought the nameless were mutated survivors given that they're called 'Element infused Humanoids' But I could be very wrong. But I don't understand why that would make them subservient to the Reapers if there were some connection.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:35 AM, Zahraize said:

If you look at the Reaper Model close enough it bears a lot more resemblance to the Allosaurus. As for the connection to the nameless and Reapers I had originally thought the nameless were mutated survivors given that they're called 'Element infused Humanoids' But I could be very wrong. But I don't understand why that would make them subservient to the Reapers if there were some connection.

true they are like element infused humans but look at Rockwell and how he mutated it would be unlikely to be humans but maybe it would be a different kind of creature for instance the nameless weren't mentioned in the dossiers that I've seen from anyone so I'm betting Rockwell made them. Not to mention all the survivors were grown in vats more than likely because in the game our survivors are not Homo Sapiens they are Homo Deus a new breed of humans all given backgrounds

1 hour ago, Flaming104 said:

true they are like element infused humans but look at Rockwell and how he mutated it would be unlikely to be humans but maybe it would be a different kind of creature for instance the nameless weren't mentioned in the dossiers that I've seen from anyone so I'm betting Rockwell made them. Not to mention all the survivors were grown in vats more than likely because in the game our survivors are not Homo Sapiens they are Homo Dues a new breed of humans all given backgrounds

ok, 1. Homo deus are the evolutionary decendants of Homosapian, not the people we play as on the ARK. 2. Mei-tin mentions the Nameless in her earlier notes

On 27/01/2018 at 5:27 PM, Umber0010 said:

What about Rockwell?

Potential Spoilers:

Rockwell has been experimenting with the Elementium on creatures and himself.
At some point he injected himself and got banished/trapped by the villagers in the place he is right now.
The notes related to this describe that when he hooked into the Ark, he could hear and see everything.

Given his lust for ascension and playing god, it's not unlikely that he tampered with the controls of the Ark and that the spawned nameless and reapers are of his creation.
The ark still spawns in creatures like it normally does, yet be it out of control.
If rockwell gained control over the Ark, it's not unlikely that's he infusing some of the creatures with elementium and creating the nameless and reapers.

I don't think the reapers are linked to the nameless, and are simply a different mutation of something that existed before however.
But their origin is probably the same : Rockwell messing with stuff he shouldn't be.

12 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Potential Spoilers:

At some point he injected himself and got banished/trapped by the villagers in the place he is right now.
The notes related to this describe that when he hooked into the Ark, he could hear and see everything.

Given his lust for ascension and playing god, it's not unlikely that he tampered with the controls of the Ark and that the spawned nameless and reapers are of his creation.
The ark still spawns in creatures like it normally does, yet be it out of control.
If rockwell gained control over the Ark, it's not unlikely that's he infusing some of the creatures with elementium and creating the nameless and reapers.

I don't think the reapers are linked to the nameless, and are simply a different mutation of something that existed before however.
But their origin is probably the same : Rockwell messing with stuff he shouldn't be.

actually, both the nameless and Reapers are referenced in explorer notes that occurred pre-rockwell

11 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Potential Spoilers:

That is one of the most reasonable things but why are the arks themselves intelligent? because look at the surface on aberration Diana and Mei Yin destroyed the main interface which turned it into a hellish wasteland because it was about to destroy them just like they destroyed Raia's village on the Scorch

ok, 1. Homo deus are the evolutionary decendants of Homosapian, not the people we play as on the ARK. 2. Mei-tin mentions the Nameless in her earlier notes

Also check Helena's Aberrant notes when the head to the main control center of Aberration she finds something extremely disturbing here is the note.

Ever since I saw those strange holograms in the Island's control center, I'd considered this possibility in the back of mind, but I wasn't prepared to confront it. Not directly.

The room was similar to the one with the creatures, if much smaller. Specimen tubes lined the walls in neat rows and columns, but these all held the same species: Homo sapiens.

They weren't clones, exactly, at least not of each other. Each one was unique, and they were all adults.

I suppose I came from somewhere like this too - designed in that control center and then created in this factory. Does that mean my memories, they're all transplants? Fake? No, impossible. They're too vivid, too detailed. Maybe, somehow, the station can reach back in time and just... copy someone.

That seems unlikely, but I think I'll cling to it. It makes me feel more... real. At least that way, someone actually lived my life. Even if it wasn't me.

The next is note 8 describing Helena's panic about them wanting to escape.

I have to convince them to stop! There's no way the station will allow this.

"This place would never allow anyone to master it."

If it weren't for Raia's warning, I'd be ecstatic about what they were creating. A gateway that can help us escape the station and reach the planet below? It's brilliant, but the obelisks will kill everyone here before we can complete it, just like they destroyed the village Raia told me about. I'm sure of it.

Bloody hell, I'm going to look like an absolute madwoman. I've barely settled in here and I'm already coming to them with doomsday prophecies. I'll need to convince Mei Yin and Diana first. They're my best bet

27 minutes ago, Sharpshot879 said:

What about Rockwell?

AFAIK, before his mutation, the Reapers only existed as "Kings". After he became the controller, he "created creatures and controlled them". IIRC, the Queen is mentioned only AFTER Rockwell's fall from grace. As far as I can see it, the Queens=praetorian guard created by rockwell from the reapers, Alphas=Praetorian guard of the surface, Elementals=Praetorian guard of Rockwell's arena, Normal Kings=Naturally occuring, now answering to rockwell, acting as field commanders, and the Nameless act as a cordinated horde. All of this leads back to Rockwell being the controller.

I imagine that arks themselves are not controlled by only one AI, there are multiple for different tasks (the overseer being the boss of them all) There are the three obelisks and possibly the three megapillars around the ark, and then MAYBE the Dino spawning rooms. I detailed my theory on the origin of the Nameless and reapers in the thread “what animal family do you think the reaper is from” in general discussion, but now I shall detail the likely hierarchy system of Nameless and reapers:

Reaper queens are adult female reapers, and subterranean reaper kings are adult males that act as drones to the queen. I find it highly likely that reapers are eusocial, with queens, drones, workers (Nameless) and possibly some other caste of unknown purpose (surface and alpha reaper kings)

Nameless act as the food gatherers, they hunt prey for the Queen. Due to their long sharp teeth they cannot efficiently use a carcass, so they likely drain the blood of their prey (like their basis, chupacabras) and maybe eat the organs before leaving the remains for the reaper king that follows their pack, who eats the carcass, stores as much of it as possible in a crop (an organ birds have where they store food before it goes to their stomach) and burrows down to its queen, where it regurgitates the food for the queen.

The subterranean reaper kings and Nameless both attack any and all humans on sight, as any human is a threat to their queen. Charge light is one thing that may make a pack think twice about attacking, but they’re clever enough to stay near a pack of seekers if the human gets to the element zone, so the human will have to extinguish their light-then they attack mercilessly. If a human does make it to a queen, she takes it upon herself to kill it, and if she’s weakened enough she might decide to impregnate the human with her young, as if the human is that powerful it’ll surely be able to keep its young safe until it is ready to emerge.

The entire colony is controlled by one queen, though workers from different hives will cooperate, preferring not to fight and instead work together, especially if it means killing humans (which is something they rather enjoy doing when the opportunity arises)

Rock drakes do indeed hunt reapers, but probably only kings, though a group of drakes, if one happens to form, may attack a queen. Thus reapers spend most of their time buried underground, only emerging if need be.

And now surface reapers. These reapers, since they live so far from a queen are almost certainly not part of any hive, they instead hunt in packs with one alpha, somewhat like Nameless. They are possibly Reapers from before the ark absorbed them and made a few modifications (the odd means of reproduction, the eusociality, and hatred of all light in general, not just Charge)

But the most plausible theory is they are being spawned by the ark as a simple means of keeping humans away from the surface and the damaged obelisks, with the eusociality and weakness/hatred for light in general simply removed, so they don’t burrow down to the element chamber to join a queen.

I’d imagine arks can absorb new species if/when they come to exist and begin spawning them, as Rockwell invented the charge lantern but you can unlock it as an engram.

actually, both the nameless and Reapers are referenced in explorer notes that occurred pre-rockwell

Are they? I looked them up again, and could not find any direct reference.
Do you have a link to the note in particular on the wiki?

1 hour ago, Flaming104 said:

That is one of the most reasonable things but why are the arks themselves intelligent? because look at the surface on aberration Diana and Mei Yin destroyed the main interface which turned it into a hellish wasteland because it was about to destroy them just like they destroyed Raia's village on the Scorch

They have, but the notes from Rockwell clearly state he became aware after he connected his mind to the Ark.
The destruction of the Ark was prior to this revelation.
Also it's not as if the arks themselves are intelligent, but I'm pretty sure they contain some kind of AI that monitors their function.
Or perhaps they have some kind of awareness, not a bad theory afterall :D

Archived