Anything Crazy happen to you?

RogueWolfXD

Hello everyone! I’m trying to get my reputation up so I can join in more on the site! I’m very new to ark so answering other post is hard since I know almost nothing lol but I thought a good way to meet others is by telling a crazy story of my first week on ark! So I would say it was my forth day playing and I had a few tames that I worked super hard to get; a scorpion, argey, parasaur, and my favorite a raptor I named terra. Terra was like my best friend. I always get way to attached but it makes the game more fun in a way. Well we had a nice little home in a really small cave direbears used to live in. It was nice and cozy and our Dino’s stayed outside surrounded by gates and wooden spikes. We had a few dilos and dodos in the cave with us but not much. As I was crating I got a message saying our trike died but I didn’t see by what. So I ran out and of course the was an alpha carno going berserk and killing all my tames! I knew I couldn’t kill it so I quickly got terra and the scorpion and hid them down by the cave which was protected by another gate. Me and a tribe mate were shocked and curious about the alpha because it was the first one we had seen up close. I told my tribe mate to be careful because I knew Dino’s could see through wooden spikes but of course he didn’t listen and got his attention on accident. The carno came charging at us and started to attack us through the gate and he got a hit on me. Now this had terra shooting up and trying to attack him back. I started to panic because I wasn’t about to lose terra so bravely I ran up and went to ride terra and bring her back.... well I didnt get on her instead I accidentally opened the gate, good job me. So now terra ran out... died on contact, and me and my tribe mate retreated into the cave. We then tried to save our scorpion and bring him into the cave but the door was too small. We decided to make a small hole just big enough for the scorpion and way too small for the alpha. Well yeah no didn’t work. Somehow and only god knows how that carno glitches into this tiny cave and started to destroy everything! Killing all the dodos and all our stuff. It was crazy! We couldn’t even respawn at our beds without being murdered. Throughout this whole event the only think I could think was “yep, this is my luck.” We finally got someone to come save us but the damage was already done. The only living creature was our dilo named dilly. She was smart and hid in a corner lol. Anyway I thought this was a “great”beginning to my ark experience and wanted to share it with all of you! To this day I’m still traumatized haha. I can kill all other alphas but then alpha carnos make my stomach drop! Do you guys have any funny crazy stories about your time playing ark? Would love to read them!

I’m sorry to hear about all the chaos, but that’s one of the exciting things about Ark. No matter how careful or well prepared you are things can always go to hell at a moment’s notice.

I have a couple of “chaos” experiences I can share.

One of the most traumatic things that happened to me was also alpha related. I was in my non-dedicated game and had my friend in helping me tame dimorphodons in a pretty treacherous area. I had just started construction on my house at the top of Grand Peak in what would become (much later) what’s now the redwoods on The Island, and the river just north of there was a great place to get my dimorphodons.

Basically every time we went there it was trouble in some form. From getting ambushed by the occasional rex to getting our pteras eaten by bugs to spinos to sabers to alpha carnos and raptors, I had pseudo-affectionately dubbed it 1,000 Ways to Die Beach.

My friend and I had a good system for getting my dimorphodons...here meaning he took all the heat from the angry flock, firing tranqs blindly into the swarm and staying alive, and any birds that dropped I followed behind with narcotic and meat to do the tame while he continued being bait, lol.

I had about five birds following me, and was staying a good ways back from the ongoing one-man war against the remaining wild dimorphodons, and had another couple on the ground in progress, when the very worst thing that could happen...did. Within moments I got an alert that something ate the pteras, and an alpha raptor came barreling down the beach, right at me and my new birds.

At that point we had no way to fight alphas, no easy way to escape, and I was in a panic about my adorable new birds’ impending doom. 

My friend was still tied up with the wilds, I was trying to run away, but neither myself nor the birds were fast enough to outpace the alpha...and god bless my friend, he knew how I loved my pets and basically kamikazed the alpha, body blocking it long enough for me to escape up the hill before dying a valiant death to the alpha. But my birds and I got back to the build site safe and sound for it.

— —

The other top chaos moment in my Ark career was also versus alphas. 

I had recently moved to PC, and had also just started recording videos for YouTube, so this harrowing tale has video evidence. 

I set up a modded game featuring ACA Redemption, and I knew a good bit about the previous ACA, so I knew this was going to be Ark on steroids, and I needed to be smart.

But I also wanted to be entertaining...so even though I said I needed to build a wall a good dozen times, I took my rideable elite dimorphodon and went off in search of adventure instead...only to be on approach to my Outpost to realize that the Ark gods had decided to punish my negligence in spectacular form.

Assaulting my humble base were an ACA alpha carno and ACA alpha terror bird, and, well...there was very literally absolutely nothing I could do to even inconvenience these alphas. 

I landed the dimorphodon in the very center of my unfinished dino pen, just barely out of range of the alphas clipping through the walls, died a few times trying to get into my Outpost, and, well, upon reflection realized that I had exactly zero options.

So I grabbed everything I could carry, eventually made it back to Kingston, and abandoned the base.

...When I chose a new build site you can best believe that on Outpost take two, I took the time to build a wall.

— —

Ark is easily my favorite game of all time, but no matter how long you’ve played it has a way of always keeping you on your toes. But you’ll learn from that experience and next time, be much better prepared.

Good luck and have fun!

1 hour ago, RogueWolfXD said:

Hello everyone! I’m trying to get my reputation up so I can join in more on the site! I’m very new to ark so answering other post is hard since I know almost nothing lol but I thought a good way to meet others is by telling a crazy story of my first week on ark! So I would say it was my forth day playing and I had a few tames that I worked super hard to get; a scorpion, argey, parasaur, and my favorite a raptor I named terra. Terra was like my best friend. I always get way to attached but it makes the game more fun in a way. Well we had a nice little home in a really small cave direbears used to live in. It was nice and cozy and our Dino’s stayed outside surrounded by gates and wooden spikes. We had a few dilos and dodos in the cave with us but not much. As I was crating I got a message saying our trike died but I didn’t see by what. So I ran out and of course the was an alpha carno going berserk and killing all my tames! I knew I couldn’t kill it so I quickly got terra and the scorpion and hid them down by the cave which was protected by another gate. Me and a tribe mate were shocked and curious about the alpha because it was the first one we had seen up close. I told my tribe mate to be careful because I knew Dino’s could see through wooden spikes but of course he didn’t listen and got his attention on accident. The carno came charging at us and started to attack us through the gate and he got a hit on me. Now this had terra shooting up and trying to attack him back. I started to panic because I wasn’t about to lose terra so bravely I ran up and went to ride terra and bring her back.... well I didnt get on her instead I accidentally opened the gate, good job me. So now terra ran out... died on contact, and me and my tribe mate retreated into the cave. We then tried to save our scorpion and bring him into the cave but the door was too small. We decided to make a small hole just big enough for the scorpion and way too small for the alpha. Well yeah no didn’t work. Somehow and only god knows how that carno glitches into this tiny cave and started to destroy everything! Killing all the dodos and all our stuff. It was crazy! We couldn’t even respawn at our beds without being murdered. Throughout this whole event the only think I could think was “yep, this is my luck.” We finally got someone to come save us but the damage was already done. The only living creature was our dilo named dilly. She was smart and hid in a corner lol. Anyway I thought this was a “great”beginning to my ark experience and wanted to share it with all of you! To this day I’m still traumatized haha. I can kill all other alphas but then alpha carnos make my stomach drop! Do you guys have any funny crazy stories about your time playing ark? Would love to read them!

Welcome to the ARK ???

Most chaos I've ever been in was when I tried to raid a wyvern nest on Scorched Earth, and it did not end how you would think.

I had a decent air force of fast creatures, so I was planning to fly in, grab a egg, and get out again. I had a Quetz with a hatchery on it waiting nearby. 

It started great. I threw a microraptor in on aggressive, and it generally managed to avoid getting killed while distracting all the wyverns, so I flew in and found a nest, got the egg, and realized too late that my ptera did not have any weight stats whatsoever. However I was playing with a few mods, so I had a climbing pick that I used to get out of the nest (R.I.P. ptera).

That quetz was the death of me, though. Got on and hid inside with my microraptor, and right when I thought, 'oh, maybe I'l be fine', I died. The reason? I had been hiding in a METAL shelter.

In conclusion, adobe saves lives.

(Luckily, I found the quetz again, so now I'm raising a little lightning wyvern)

i have noticed for myself when my friend and I spawn into a map the first time finding each other takes sadly too long, and usually we end up dieing multiple times before finally finding someone. Then comes the trying to survive to establish a base only to die a lot again. Recently i was on Carno Island and jumped off my argent to grab a beacon, and at the moment i jumped off my argent took off towards my base a long ways away. trying to run back to my base was....fun to say the least. Ran past easily 3 scorpions fighting argents, and a carno i had to try killing he almost killed me to boot. Then as i'm swimming accross i see a megalodon coming at me only thing i could even consider doing was swimming back to carno island. I Killed the megalodon and then turned around and started to swim back since it was closer....yeah i drowned...spawned back at my base and sure enough my argent was tethered to our quetz who's set to passive...

Huh. Actually, one happened today for me and I'm still trying to get out of it, so sorry that this is short.

In a nutshell, I got my shiny new mutated spino too near the drop-off into the rock drake and radiation area.

He got agitated and jumped off the cliff, and like a genius I followed him.

Nameless waiting for me to expend my featherlight right now... 

not sure if you call this crazy or not but anyways

So I was mining red crystal in the rad zone on aberration out of nowhere a purlovia jumps from a bridge below me stuns me and breaks my hazmat gear and then I spend a week trying to get my rock drake named ghost back I got too attached to him then he died on surface =/ 

Danced with death with the dodorex once.  Barrel rolling it with a ptera for the giggles and ended up hiting the river instead, dismounting off the ptera right in front of the dodorex. Somehow managed to run around it and got myself and the ptera out alive. 

Also managed to get stuck in a wild gigas gigas mouth with my fire wyvern once. Wasnt even mad that I was going to lose the wyvern, I was being stupid, should never take on a giga with a fire wyvern. Strafing the giga with fire and got stuck in its mouth somehow and thought it was game over wyvern, but as fortune would have it somehow the giga was stuck too, stuck floating on something and so wasnt biting. So it was just me, my wyvern and the wild giga just chilling there unable to do anything for about 5-10 minutes (felt like hours lol). Eventually worked my way out of its mouth and a friend lured the giga away so I could restam.  

When I 1st put Ragnorok on our cluster (which I upped the difficulty to 6.67 above official and dino levels to 200), my wife and a friend of hers went over, built a box and decided they'd go kill something. And that something turned out to be a giga.  I was on a wyvern, in the air watching, and was given specific orders NOT to get involved on any1s behalf.

My wife yelled on vent, "Shoot that Son of a b####",the friend took the 1st shot, the giga stood there and looked at 1, then the other, then the other (quite a few times as a matter of fact), then decided both had to die.  The giga  took off with lightning speed, the 2 of them scattered like roaches in a light, ran down 1, then the other in a matter of seconds.

That seems to still be the joke of the cluster when we add another map, "go find the giga".

Mine may take the cake for the worst.

I had joined a new pvp Nitrado server on Ragnarok. 

I decided the huge cave on viking bay would be a good place to call home. 

As I really like the building aspect of ark I decided to make a floor over the lake of water inside the cave, so after spending 3 weeks crafting and placing hundreds upon hundreds of pillars and ceilings, I had almost finished. Also having 3 behemoth gates in the cave entrance. And that's when it happened a lvl 150 alpha rex fell off the cliff above my cave following after it an allied tribe trying to kite it away (they failed?) it then decide to parade through my gates and feed on my tames inside my cave destroying half of my floor about 200 ceiling tiles and countless pillars. Killing my allo pack in the process.  It was soooo chaotic.  Finally he got stuck and I got the satisfaction of killing him. So not all was lost. But not a good day nonetheless.

End of the fight 

Not the craziest to ever happen to me, but I recently started a new server so I was playing the game on foot in hide armor. I was chopping wood when I get charged by a 145 female raptor, which I manage to bola as it's leaping at me and for some dumb reason I didn't side step. Stuck inside bola'ed raptor and instant death.

Figure, oh 145, and I have like a dodo and dilo, I should tame this girl. So I respawn at my near by raft bed grab some more bolas (I'm usually really good with these - EZ mode for smaller dinos) and my tranq arrows. Approach body and raptor, from a slight decline. Once again, raptor charges, leaps, then due to being down hill  she carried way further than I was expecting, combined with a little lag at the wrong time and I ended up stuck in a bola'ed raptor again - RIP.

Now, I'm frustrated and pretty much just want my gear back (the arrows especially). I respawn (when the timer lets me) grab some more bolas from the raft and head back toward my corpse beacons. I'm not even half way there when I come across the raptor, now with 3 additional friends, so I book it back toward the raft, figuring I kite them out into open water. I made it back to the raft (thanks movement speed) but as I was trying to turn it, I got stuck on the first of the now 4 raptors, the rest jumped on, with two clipping inside the raft. Miraculously, I was able to "dismount" the raft, book it, leave the gate open and get 3 of the four swimming after me. Why I tried to use the raft in the first place I don't know, unnecessary risk.

I drew those three out, got out of aggro, went back and speared the 4th. Except somehow in that process of all of this my raft ended up completely beached, no movement at all. I did manage to get my gear back from the first 2 deaths, but now my stone raft with half my stuff is stuck out in the open on a PvP server - happy days!

I have ~700 hours, and it's kind of amazing how occasionally Ark still manages to ruin my day with something as easy to deal with as raptors.

Happened to me on my singleplayer world a couple days ago. I had faced Gamma and Beta Broodmother without issue, and I prepared to fight alpha. 

My logic is as follows:

Gamma: 6 Megatherium w/ primitive saddles and 100% imprints.  No contest, we win.

Beta: ^^ However, lost 2 or 3 to her. No matter, I would just bring more for alpha.

I thought 10 megatherium would be PLENTY for Alpha, but I went "overkill" and brought 16 and a Yuty. All 100% imprinted. 

I rode Yuty and buffed megatheriums. It was going OK at first, but then my sloth squad started to fall. 3 fall within 2 mins. All sloths dead by 5 mins. Then my Yuty was killed. Result=Full wipe. 

Somehow, there was an insane difficulty leap to alpha. Rest in piece Sloth Squad. </3 Still not sure what happened that made them all die quickly, but hopefully it was painless.

TL;DR : I got destroyed by Alpha Broodmother when I thought I over prepared. 

4 hours ago, Arkasaurio said:

Not the craziest to ever happen to me, but I recently started a new server so I was playing the game on foot in hide armor. I was chopping wood when I get charged by a 145 female raptor, which I manage to bola as it's leaping at me and for some dumb reason I didn't side step. Stuck inside bola'ed raptor and instant death.

Figure, oh 145, and I have like a dodo and dilo, I should tame this girl. So I respawn at my near by raft bed grab some more bolas (I'm usually really good with these - EZ mode for smaller dinos) and my tranq arrows. Approach body and raptor, from a slight decline. Once again, raptor charges, leaps, then due to being down hill  she carried way further than I was expecting, combined with a little lag at the wrong time and I ended up stuck in a bola'ed raptor again - RIP.

Now, I'm frustrated and pretty much just want my gear back (the arrows especially). I respawn (when the timer lets me) grab some more bolas from the raft and head back toward my corpse beacons. I'm not even half way there when I come across the raptor, now with 3 additional friends, so I book it back toward the raft, figuring I kite them out into open water. I made it back to the raft (thanks movement speed) but as I was trying to turn it, I got stuck on the first of the now 4 raptors, the rest jumped on, with two clipping inside the raft. Miraculously, I was able to "dismount" the raft, book it, leave the gate open and get 3 of the four swimming after me. Why I tried to use the raft in the first place I don't know, unnecessary risk.

I drew those three out, got out of aggro, went back and speared the 4th. Except somehow in that process of all of this my raft ended up completely beached, no movement at all. I did manage to get my gear back from the first 2 deaths, but now my stone raft with half my stuff is stuck out in the open on a PvP server - happy days!

I have ~700 hours, and it's kind of amazing how occasionally Ark still manages to ruin my day with something as easy to deal with as raptors.

Try using a pick down through the raft to see if you can hit whatever its stuck on. It's usually a respawnable rock or dead tree. Also, drive the raft all kinds of ways as sometimes you can get it off the hangup with a weird angle. Lastly, try being in Drive and logging off, then logging back on. That's known to shift the raft a bit for some reason and has gotten them freed. 

1 hour ago, Milsurp said:

Try using a pick down through the raft to see if you can hit whatever its stuck on. It's usually a respawnable rock or dead tree. Also, drive the raft all kinds of ways as sometimes you can get it off the hangup with a weird angle. Lastly, try being in Drive and logging off, then logging back on. That's known to shift the raft a bit for some reason and has gotten them freed. 

That's good advice and I tried all of it. It's a less climactic ending to my story, but after like the 5th attempt (over a couple days) using the log off trick, it was suddenly unstuck. I'd pretty much given up but as no one had bothered to break in yet, I figured why not give it another try.

One time I knocked out a tribe of 5 all at once by tossing a couple narc grenades through an open door on their raft. While a buddy of mine kept them narc'd up, I put them all in handcuffs, encumbered them with unwanted stuff from their raft, and put a scuba tank on each one. Dumped them off the side of the boat and scooted off. They were down there for a while. 

To be fair though, I got the idea from another guy who knocked me out, dragged me onto his raft, drove me out to the ocean, handcuffed me, scuba'd me, encumbered me, and dumped me over the side. I was down there for a while. lol

So apparently if you sit in a chair and a wild diplodocus starts trying to shove you, you won't move, but it stacks the shoves together so when you get off of the chair you rocket away to the edge of the map. Found that out while fishing.

Also while wearing full ascendant flak I got killed by wild gallimimus. I was flying along spino river on the island and I see a gallimimus egg on the edge of the river. I pick it up. 15+ gallimimus  can hit you so fast you just fly across the land, it's like getting hit by a 10% damage chainsaw that just doesn't stop. So I get shoved from the beaver dam spawns on the west side almost all the way to 50\50 down the river before I finally died. 

We have all had a few crazy moments - most of my early ones involved losing all my gains to the lava cave on The Island.

Recently though nothing really crazy that was intended game mechanics.  We're playing Aberration (like most atm) and both myself and another tribe member have recently experienced bizarre teleportation to space from our breeding pen.  I'm guessing there is a hole in the map or something as both of us had similar issues and only thing we had in common was location when it happened.

Mine was logging out in our breeding pen then next day logging in to be in space, freezing, gagging for air and falling to earth whilst slowly losing health and ultimately leading to death.

My tribe mate was different but the same.  Went to give "care" to his new baby Reaper King only upon pressing his action button "e" was sent to space, falling, freezing, gasping for air .. and death.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my first chaos moments happened not all that long ago. I have not been playing for too long, maybe about a month or so. I had toyed around on single player for a week to figure some things out, then I found an official PVE server to set up a small base. I sort of had an idea on what I wanted to do. I knew that I wanted to start slow and work my way up to larger things. I tried taming a Trike in a taming pen, that went ok. So I got a little bolder, I made a small taming pen on a raft, and set out around the island looking for... well at first just looking. I eventually found what people have been calling carno island. I saw a scorpion and some argy's, that looked intriguing. However there were also raptors and rex's, but I wanted an argy. After several attempts to isolate one low enough level for me to attempt my first tame of this type, I gave up. Figuring I needed more time and levels to figure this out. So off I went back to my little base. Pretty boring so far I do understand.

My next move was not as bright, I went up the other side of the island to the edge of the snow biome, I saw an argy and some anklys. This time I was more prepared (or so I thought), still not able to isolate one that I could get to. I was still new, only wearing hide armor. I decided not to chance it once again. So off I sail back to my base. Now my son had told me to be careful just wondering around in deeper water. I though, bah! what for? Then something hit my raft, I about dropped some mud, as I was not expecting anything to attack my raft. So I thought, whatever! and kept going. Well something hit again, this time it destroyed the large storage containers I had on the raft. They were fully loaded with stuff. I turned the raft to find my item bags, and upon approaching them, was hit again and this time destroyed my raft completely. Great now what do I do? I finally got a look at what hit my and panicked.  Scrambled to shore and lost all my items in the chests.

Now I have done the research and found that the beast will aggressively attack a raft but is rather docile when it comes to players. Yet when I venture out on the raft, I hug the shoreline shallow water as much as I can, but when I have to go around players bases (which are a lot, and most take me out to deep water), I tense up, and talk to the screen, "please let me make it by this one, don't attack!". Pretty sad, I know

I had a really nice jaws that I was leveling up quite nicely.  Thought I was the baddest thing in the sea.

Went down to go dive for some deep sea treasure.

Got jumped by some dunks?  I couldn't see because one second I was good, the next second I was smashed in the middle of some pile of dinos and couldn't see squat.

Tried biting my way out.  It wasn't doing any good, I wasn't killing whatever group of AI decided to gang bang me....lol  I bailed at 10% Jaws health.

Swam to the surface, getting attacked occasionally by the group, couldn't look back, had good gear and did NOT want to die underwater.

Finally made it to the shore, only to aggro an alpha rex on lava island.

I died..........but at least I was able to ptera back over there and get my gear back.

RIP Jaws, you were not invincible....lol

I've died too many times by being stupid or just plain unlucky. But here are a couple of the highlights.

First day with the game, tamed up a parasaur, couple dodos and a few other randoms. I'm on the Island South Center part of the map, and I build a nice little thatch base in one of the rock formations.(Just north of Stonehedge)  So I see this Raptor running all around the the shore across from me. Well I had already tamed a low level Raptor, so I thought I should get another one. Plus this one was really cool with a neat red glow! Needless to say, about 150 tranq arrows and 5 lives later, I decide that taming these "alpha raptors" is just no fun, and I give up. Yep, I was a Noob!

A week later, same map, same base, and as I am out gathering berries one night I am attacked by the hideous love child of Freddy Krueger and Big Bird!  This thing shredded me like I was butter, but I'm a prideful guy, and I'm not going to give up easy, so I keep trying, and I keep dying. FINALLY after a what seemed like a million tranq arrows, I finally get the damn thing down. I fill it full of mejo berries, and start working on stuff around my base as it tames up. Well, I get distracted by something, and the next thing I know, I get killed from behind. Death message says it was by a Tickle Chicken, I think how odd that another one spawned on the same island I was taming one. I spawn back in, run out of my base, and right into the same Therizino. Die and few more times, until I finally kite it off the island and away from my base. I then return to look for my taming Thero. It has disappeared! That night while reading up on the internet, I see that info about their Torpor timer being faster than most. I got killed by my own "tame", that woke up just a little too soon. I felt like a complete doofus.

Last example.now week 3 of playing ARK, and from the same base, I have been dealing with a glitched Bronto, that is stuck in the rocks right next to my base. I'm sick of the ground shaking constantly, so I build a big huge platform and ladder system to get to the top of the rock formation. Then armed with my crossbow and a ton of tranq arrows, I begin shooting at the glitched Bronto. As you readers expected, Bronto gets mad, Bronto destroys platforms and ladders, bronto knocks me off the rock top, kills me; and then destroys my entire base, did I mention it killed all my tames that tried coming to my aid? Turns out that Level 145 Brontos can kick pretty much any Dilo and Parasaurs butt. Who knew?

At this point, I abandoned this base of failed dreams, and moved west to a new base near the Silica Pearl bay/ Winter Biohome in the NW corner. The trip to just get there was a story, that I will save for another time. 

Archived