ARK Digest Question Submissions!

Jatheish

On 16 February 2016 at 10:00 AM, Jat said:

Hey guys!

If you've got any questions you'd like to ask in the next edition of the ARK Digest, post them here!

Please keep in mind we won't be answering any questions related to the ETA of when something is to be expected as these are constantly changing, the best way to stay up to date on upcoming content is to read all the all the latest announcements and the patch notes. If there's something we'd like to let you know about, we'll be sure to inform you!

Thanks,

Jat

Can we have paint our Dinos and a big graphics update. Also the night time gama is too dark and can get quite annoying to have to turn it up and down every so often 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 10:00 AM, Jat said:

Hey guys!

If you've got any questions you'd like to ask in the next edition of the ARK Digest, post them here!

Please keep in mind we won't be answering any questions related to the ETA of when something is to be expected as these are constantly changing, the best way to stay up to date on upcoming content is to read all the all the latest announcements and the patch notes. If there's something we'd like to let you know about, we'll be sure to inform you!

Thanks,

Jat

will you add more plants like species X? and will there be different dino sizes like coel

Currently there is a bug with the spoil timers when transferring items between two inventories (transferring halves the spoil timer each time), is the dev team aware of this and/or working on a fix? It may seem like a minor issue but for things like Kibble and other valuable items that spoil, its a bummer that they end up spoiling in a fraction of the time they're supposed to.

First of all I fu*$ing love this game. It's one of a kind. Now I have a few questions I've been waiting to ask. 1st, do you have plans to make better chopping/falling animations. The tree (if big) actually slams a bit and actual indents(chop marks) in the tree when chopping. 2nd Mantling. This would make this game 100% better to add a little more of a climbing aspect. And 3rd ( forgot the real 3rd Q lol ) Do you have plans to add more kickass giant creatures. 3.5. I know you guys are on the realistic side but maybe plans of adding any other strange prehistoric creatures such as Ngoubou or Deinotherium, The Kaiaimunu, or even Jaekelopterus. Again great work so far I know when finished this game will be much crazier, I have high hopes and faith you guys will deliver. 

I have a question regarding wild dino behavior, more specifically the Megapirhana. I know you guys are planning on doing a pass over the wild dino A.I to make it more realistic at some point. My question is this: for the Megapirhana, are you going to change it so that they go after ALL wild creatures that trespass into their rivers?

I know currently they seem to ignore pretty much everything else except humans, Spinos, and sometimes Carnos.

This is specifically for xbox ark:

Will "rent a server" options be available over the xbox owned and operated option?

Will the ocean have an upgrade? specifically getting rid of the cloud underwater, or at least allowing scuba mask to work while mounted.

The amount of dinos in the ocean. (barely any actually in the ocean).

Will the "run away" mechanic be adjusted so dinos only run away at low hp, and not immediately after the fight begins.

Will more Aerial dinos be added.

Will any new biomes be added and if so where (desert biome was hinted at but still unconfirmed) 

Will there be "ant hills" added for a reliable area of bugs?

Will a queen titomia creature be added?

Will underwater caves have creature spawns?

Will there be a dungeon type cave with boss dinos and rewards at the bottom?

Will there be a patrol option for tamed dinos that will allow the player to set a path?

Will "Alpha herbivores" be added?

Will warships or submarines be added? (besides dinos)

Archived