ARK Digest Question Submissions!

Jatheish

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.can we have items appear on players characters when they have them equipped in the quick bar? you know a little visual aid e.g. pistol with holster, rocket launcher on there back, bow on shoulder etc. that way other players can tell if someone's packing heat.

2.will we see weapons like LMG, SMG, grenade launcher, carbines, axes, maces, two handed swords/axe/mace etc. or other variant types of the current weapons e.g. different types of assault rifles that are in the game get added someday?

3.will we ever get items that are different not just in stats but also in the way they look on characters, it would be cool if the Ramshackle, Apprentice, Journeyman, Mastercraft and Ascendant items look more different from each other.

Can we have another SOTF gamemode where the winner is decided by the amount of players or creatures he kills instead of last man standing? (Ex. 10 points for killing a raptor, 100 points for killing a rex, 200 for killing a player... etc.)

Will you consider implementing an Aspidochelone/Lion Turtle/Zaratan/Turtle Island that would be like the Titanosaurus of the Seas? I know it's a mythical creature but if possible can it make it to Ark 2?

Also can we please get more structural building pieces like corner 1/4 circle walls, triangular half-foundations, triangular half-ceilingscircular foundations, domes, slanted pillars(for cliff-side homes), arrow slits, barn doors(basically the size of two walls on top of each other but they are doors), spiked barn doors(barn doors that do damage to raiders trying to break in)... etc?

25 minutes ago, Kris said:

Will you guys ever add a more in depth character creator , like our faces and give us the abilty to have different hairstyles and possibly facial hair ? me and all my friends are hoping for this option.

Already confirmed for hair and beards (how else would Jat make his character!?)

Possible to have Dino level play a factor in Dino maturation time and food? Similar to taming, lower levels take less time/food.

Any potential to make Dino spawns be more Dynamic based on the volume of players connected and volume of living wild dinos? During peak play hours our server (PVE Official 338) becomes a Dino Ghost town.

For the dino painting .pnt files, can we get the pixel counts to maintain aspect ratio to the Dino’s size? Trying to transfer a picture to say a Rex, leads to lots of distortion issues because of the shift in apsect ratio.

Any ETA on fixing the Oviraptor's buff to effect scorpions too?

Large, sealed, structures do not consistently trigger the shelter/home icon and therefore rain/snow occurs indoors, and no insulation boost is given. Is this intended? If it is, can you share what the size maximums for this are?

Will the new setting for auto-destructing really old items be turned on for Official PVE servers?

Any feedback/eta for ‘floating’ structures collapsing as they should? Pipes/Wires/Pillars – If you remove their roots, they do not fall.

Can we get a bird cry, nice scary one, you can activate when riding one of the flyers? More methods to trigger poop events in newbies are needed.

Can we get a scream emote with audio when when we need to run for our lives?

Will be be able to paint other appliance type items in the future?  Its nice we can paint the industrial forge but I wanna paint my fabricator too!

Can we get a refrigerated trough in the tek teir?  Lose so much meat when raising babies.

Will the mentioned tek 'Shields' item be player, structure, dino, all?  Will they block wild dinos, or just projectile attacks?

Will we see vehicles pulled by dinos in the future?  Love the idea of a pair of trikes pulling a sled

In the tech tier, will we be able to get solar/wind/hydro power options?

Will wild dino levels always be a multipler based on server the difficulty setting?  Reduces dino level diversity quite a bit.

Have you been able to reproduce the dino harvesting issue in your test servers yet?  This is still a rampant problem.

Can you share any details on any upcoming changes to the crafting system?  Myself, and many I know, would love to see a more in-depth system that allowed the potential to craft higher tier items without the need for finding loot drop blueprints for them.  It would be especially nice if decisions made during the crafting process impacted end results.  Like you could try to make a higher durability item vs higher damage, etc.

I know the ARK data move at obelisks is turned off for officials right now due to some exploit issues.  Any ETA on when we will get that ability back, and can you outline what the vision is for their function/utility?  I love the idea of being able to visit another ARK to say hi, maybe do some bartering, and then returning to my original ARK.

Can we get an option on foundation objects to control resource/Dino respawn supression radius?

Will we get the ability to color sign text returned?  I liked making red lettering on warning signs!

Will there eventually be a pathway after a Dino *Poofs* due to a game bug, that said Dino could be re-created by a GM?

Could we maybe get some method to 'tag' a wild dino we want to tame, but need to go get supplies for, so it persists?  Right now, it requires finding someone to come and stand watch for you, to ensure it remains spawned.

1.  Will Xbox One Ark players get to enjoy visuals of the beautiful sky (i.e., the moon and moving clouds) that our brethren PC gamers are able to see?

2.  Will there be a controller binding option.  (Change (Y) to any other button for dismount, harvest, and open door, for example.)

3.  Will there be a change to the chat window display.  (How do we scroll through previous messages on the Xbox One?)

Thanks so much!

14 hours ago, Neizan said:

Can we have "pocket cages" on tek tier to store our tamed dinos? :) (Perhaps cages pocket may have the same shape as the loot crates.)

This can be awesome and surprising people in battle with some reinforcements in our pockets.

Something like this: but only tamed creatures on official version.

Pokemon?

Archived