ARK Digest Question Submissions!

Jatheish

What I'd like to see is a new Tech Tier engram... " Remote Control Implant "

Essentially we will get the ability to become the dino - All you need to do is place a Remote Control Implant on one of your tames (loses half its health upon initial planting of the device, unable to remove without killing it)  The catch is you can only use one device per Dino(hard wired so to speak) and when you activate it (a small button device in your inventory which interacts with your own implant), your real body goes to sleep and you instantly see from the Dino's perspective, able to move it and fight with it.

(Like in Avatar) Of course the downside is your real body is vulnerable.

Now if your thinking this is overpowered with visions of rampaging Giga's - just know that the sleeping vulnerable body is able to be searched with no knowledge of what's going on and the "Button Device" is able to be stolen and essentially the dino with the implant can be hijacked for giggles :D  of course you will never be able to claim the dino as your own if you then use the device for yourself. If used - the original connection is lost and the sleeping guy will awake to a rude surprise!

If the controlled dino is killed you lose half of your health to sudden shock to the system!  - You can safely stop being the dino at anytime by simply pressing E - Just make sure your dino is somewhere safe (original aggression settings untouched)

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any plans on making hunting more intensive? Herds of skittish herbivores fleeing when you stomp in on your Rex? Defensive herbivores squaring up? I think we should have to track prey, and go about getting food more intelligently. Like crippling a lower level with well placed arrows before sending in your scary carnivore to finish the job. Or shadow other large carnivores until they make a kill and steal it from them! Or, of course, placing traps and snares.

So we've got boomerangs and bolas coming. How about caltrops for discouraging chase? Would be really nice to see in the base game as well as SotF. How about a Plant Turret that targets airborne creatures and launches spores or seeds that sap the flyer's stamina? Ya'know... like a Leech Seed...

Didn't see anything as I skimmed through here but has there been consideration for shooting while mounted?  My thought on this is the single arm weapons like the pistols could be used and fired while on birds and other mounts while you use the other hand to hold the reigns.  I for one have only used a pistol or other single hand weapons when I first came across them prior to having the ability to craft the AR and other stronger/ranged weapons.  Having the ability to ride around with a low clip, lower damage pistol may encourage the usage of them in game while riding mounts.  Another thing would be to consider letting you use the pike and spears as a way to run buy and either throw single handed or jousting.  You could also add in making the dino handling harder if you are equipped with a single hand weapon as you don't have "both hands on the wheel".

In the tek tier would it be possible to make wing suits? This would be handy as it would replace parachutes and you could glide off of mountains as a terror bird does. 

Also a version of a dragon, i.e fire drake, that could act as a portable refining forge. It could make smelting iron and making oil more fun and easier

6 minutes ago, Hydrexeden said:

In the tek tier would it be possible to make wing suits? This would be handy as it would replace parachutes and you could glide off of mountains as a terror bird does. 

Also a version of a dragon, i.e fire drake, that could act as a portable refining forge. It could make smelting iron and making oil more fun and easier

I like the hell out of these ideas +1 

Archived