Which map?

Hawks88

• 11 months later...
On 1/25/2018 at 8:34 PM, SmokeyB said:

That's gotta be the next dlc . Forget dead earth or whatever they was gonna make I want Skyrim.

Would have lots of room to add new creatures like giants and already has dragons.  Would love a map with npc cities with guards that chase you , could even make humans tameable. Could have trade stalls you can rent to trade from and a new currency to trade in . 

Best of all the main attraction (like drake eggs ) could be getting bitten by a werewolf or vampire to gain their power. And learning summons that you only learn one per character and it attaches to the implant so when you need it you can call out your flame atronach or spirit wolf . Never be unarmed again with summoned swords and compound bows . 

Just off the top of my head but we need this . Would be by far the best map and dlc. Imagine the snow biome . 

Could also make characters created on the new map able to pick a race. Argonian anyone ? 

Ark + Skyrim would destroy that Conan game, wouldn' even be worth finishing . But then I think ark lends itself well to game mash ups , would love a sonic the hedgehog dlc or lord of the rings or Pokemon too , thats the beauty of this game , change the map add a few creatures and it' like a whole new game again .

Try Conan exiles it is survival with an amazing combat system and you can build slave armies it's a difficult game

• 2 weeks later...

Every map has something special. Most hours I spent on the Island and at the moment I like Extinction the most.

Aberration was fun for some weeks and I like the ravagers and karkinos.

Most variety is on Ragnarok. For me SE was not that interesting but I guess I did not play there long enough to check it out .

Maybe I should go there again.

The Center has nice places too but my orientation is very bad and this was the map I got lost the most. 

• 2 months later...

1 - Aberration - just incredible all round. Surface looked a little drab.

2 - Island - super dense foliage and realistic jungle. Best weather by far. Some annoyingly sloped land.

3 - Scorched Earth - Mad Max. Nuff' said.

4 - Ragnarok - gorgeous, huge, contains big variety of biomes.

5 - Center - great idea, some fantastic fantasy environments. Bit lackluster on mountain textures. 

6 - Extinction - drab, glitchy, seemingly unfinished biomes, absurdly segregated biomes. City pretty cool though.

My favorite is Ragnarok. Hands down. Second favorite has got to be Scorched Earth. Ragnarok is such a beautiful map with so many place to build. And if you explore there is some really cool ruins and caves. Some say that Aberration poops metal, but Ragnarok does too. There are places that have close to 20+ metal nodes. And in the Highlands, it’s literally covered in metal. Plus there are so many high level Dinos. 

I love Ragnorok for all the reasons others have listed.

Also, unpopular opinion: I really like extinction. I’m not an official player and I play on boosted PC Nitrado servers because I can only play weekends, so that may be part of the reason I like it more than you guys. If you get a grif or mana with lots of meat and stam it’s kinda fun to go around and look at the stuff in the wasteland. I also love the titans and cryopods.

2 hours ago, DrChicken24 said:

I love Ragnorok for all the reasons others have listed.

Also, unpopular opinion: I really like extinction. I’m not an official player and I play on boosted PC Nitrado servers because I can only play weekends, so that may be part of the reason I like it more than you guys. If you get a grif or mana with lots of meat and stam it’s kinda fun to go around and look at the stuff in the wasteland. I also love the titans and cryopods.

You're not too unpopular sharing that opinion. I like it for the ability to actually kill bosses / do OSDs somewhat on demand for loot instead of just Element. More of a MMORPG feel. Sometimes on weekends fun to grab your friends and do some. 

Im excited for our map to roll over to SE. Its a little bare but some cool features and caves.

• 3 months later...

The island is the best map, its classic and it's good for new players and seasoned players. It feels the most finished with almost every corner having something to do in it. Its also not incredibly large, which isn't a bad thing, it always feels like you know where you are and there are so many iconic places and landmarks: The volcano, the Stonehenge, Carno and Herbivore Islands,  Metal Mountain, Redwoods, Swamps, The North. Its got all the necessary environments and feels the most like ark out of all the maps, not to say the rest bad, but its always the island that I come back to after I become worn out on the new maps. And about the original topic, its the best to start out in as well, it comes with the game as the basic map, its the easiest to get into, SE just kills you and Aberration and Extinction feel too complex and weird to start off in, especially because ark has somewhat of a steep learning curve in my opinion.

• 9 months later...

Archived