Which map?

Hawks88

On official, SE all day. Once you learn how to handle the weather and get some good ghillee or desert cloth its really not hard, plenty of hiding spots, an entire desert with plenty of hidden valleys etc in the sand and noobs dont last long.

On unofficial, abberation then rag. Abberation is vibrant and fresh, and the new desert area in rag has got me back enjoying the area again.

But i know in a month ill be gliding around SE on a rock drake with a magenta shinehorn on my shoulder.

Not even a second thought about it, 100% Ragnarok. Beautifully designed map which just offers everything including stunning scenery.

My wife and I have our own servers here at home on a dedicated physical server upstairs and we're now up to nine servers (one for each of our main games together) of which five of them are Ragnarok (2 x The Center, 1 x The Island, 1 x Scorched Earth being the others) and we almost never go on any of the others, in fact most of the time, they're shut down.

Island. Its the best map with the Most natural feel. No other map has large forest areas like the island, the island is the map that feels like ark. The other maps are only good because of the island, if you started on a different map than the island you probably never had the same fun experience that made me love ark 

1 minute ago, anubis3691 said:

Morrowind. Yea I know Skyrim is technical supposed to be "bigger" but Morrowind felt so much bigger and more things to do then Oblivion and Skyrim.

Am i the only one who hasn’t heard of skyrim maps in ark... or are they mod maps in which case disregard this I am a Xbox player 

Dude, as of last time I checked these are the Ark forums, are they not? 
What [mention=451623]Royalstar[/mention] said this is the ark forum [emoji14] one would think its obvious.
Lol well, I apologize if I have offended you two!

In the case of Ark only maps, best map would be a randomly generated map! New adventures at every turn!

It's a tie between Rag and SE. I find myself playing a lot in the desert since it opened and even before that I found myself often patrolling the Scorched Islands on Rag. It made me realize how I much I truly appreciated Scorched. The difficulty level increased in daily travel aspects even if the boss and caves are easier. 

It's probably why most people built a bit of distant from the Wyvern cavern (not the scar but the cove) but we built right near it. That added danger and need to keep your head on a swivel cause if you let your guard down a poison shot just ends you or a lightning strike knocks you out leaving you vulnerable. I know the scar gets built up but it's mostly traps and the few who build a base are far enough away that rarely do you get an errant Wyvern but at the cove you are out getting some wood on your Mammtoh when suddenly you're engulfed in flames and have to sprint (217% speed and counting on Mammoth) to your Wyvern trap to let your neutral Rex's save your sorry butt. 

Anyway, Ragnarok is the most beautiful by far, the island has the best natural feel, but SE gives some of the most fun and thrills and difficulty. 

6 hours ago, anubis3691 said:

Morrowind. Yea I know Skyrim is technical supposed to be "bigger" but Morrowind felt so much bigger and more things to do then Oblivion and Skyrim.

That's gotta be the next dlc . Forget dead earth or whatever they was gonna make I want Skyrim.

Would have lots of room to add new creatures like giants and already has dragons.  Would love a map with npc cities with guards that chase you , could even make humans tameable. Could have trade stalls you can rent to trade from and a new currency to trade in . 

Best of all the main attraction (like drake eggs ) could be getting bitten by a werewolf or vampire to gain their power. And learning summons that you only learn one per character and it attaches to the implant so when you need it you can call out your flame atronach or spirit wolf . Never be unarmed again with summoned swords and compound bows . 

Just off the top of my head but we need this . Would be by far the best map and dlc. Imagine the snow biome . 

Could also make characters created on the new map able to pick a race. Argonian anyone ? 

Ark + Skyrim would destroy that Conan game, wouldn' even be worth finishing . But then I think ark lends itself well to game mash ups , would love a sonic the hedgehog dlc or lord of the rings or Pokemon too , thats the beauty of this game , change the map add a few creatures and it' like a whole new game again .

That's gotta be the next dlc . Forget dead earth or whatever they was gonna make I want Skyrim.
Would have lots of room to add new creatures like giants and already has dragons.  Would love a map with npc cities with guards that chase you , could even make humans tameable. Could have trade stalls you can rent to trade from and a new currency to trade in . 
Best of all the main attraction (like drake eggs ) could be getting bitten by a werewolf or vampire to gain their power. And learning summons that you only learn one per character and it attaches to the implant so when you need it you can call out your flame atronach or spirit wolf . Never be unarmed again with summoned swords and compound bows . 
Just off the top of my head but we need this . Would be by far the best map and dlc. Imagine the snow biome . 
Could also make characters created on the new map able to pick a race. Argonian anyone ? 
Ark + Skyrim would destroy that Conan game, wouldn' even be worth finishing . But then I think ark lends itself well to game mash ups , would love a sonic the hedgehog dlc or lord of the rings or Pokemon too , thats the beauty of this game , change the map add a few creatures and it' like a whole new game again .
+1 for Arkémon. Gotta catch em all.

On 1/26/2018 at 12:34 PM, SmokeyB said:

That would be amazing!

Archived