Breeding

Hawks88

1. Mate 2 of your dinos by enabling wandering near eachother to get an egg.

2. Incubate your egg for the amount of time it says on the screen until your baby hatches.

3. Write down the stats of your baby dino for future reference when breeding again.

4. Go into the inventory of the baby dino and place food in for several hours until you pass 10% maturation (The end of baby phase) while the dino is in baby phase it will not eat from a feeding trough.

5. Move your juvenile dino in range of a feeding trough and just keep the trough full of whatever food the dino eats.

6. Do step 6 for the remainder of the raise...

Imprinting if you chose to do it happens every 8 hours. You'll either have 1 of 3 options, Cuddle, Walk and Kibble.

Cuddle is a simple walk up and press a button,

Walk you just have to set to follow and walk around,

Kibble is find the kibble it is asking for then press a button, do not put it in its inventory.

Imprint bonus stats do not count towards the next time you breed the dino this is why you note down the stats right after hatch. 

Keep on breeding the dino with another with good stats for example.

Dino 1 

- Good Health

- Good Stamina

- Good Oxygen

- Bad Food

- Bad Weight

- Bad Melee

Dino 2

- Bad Health

- Bad Stamina

- Bad Oxygen

- Good Food

- Good Weight

- Good Melee

You would want to breed these together until you get the good stats from both dinos, all into one super dino for mass production and world domination.

Breeding 101.

Hello,

There are many changes to the breeding system used in ARK Survival Evolved. The best video I have seen is "Top 5 things you need to know about breeding in ARK! Ark: Survival Evolved Breeding" it explains the necessary things to know and a few new found secrets that can be changed in any moment if the developers feels like it. Mysteries mysteries. Watch this youtube video carefully as everything in it matters.

So breeding egg layers is almost the same, keeping this in mind, you need to have diversity in your breeding.

So tame tame tame say Rex. Several males and even more females if possible high levels but this is not necessary what is necessary is the use of kibble for taming to get high stats and high levels. NOW I have several rexes with high stats using just meat to tame so I might be wrong in the kibble assumption but it is fast and easy.

Once you have done this its actually about to quit breeding for stats since it is no longer useful. I have done tests and about 20 eggs for one-two mutations. So if you want color mutations or stat mutations 20 out of 20 is enough if you know multiplication.

Regards,

Ariana

Archived