Meaningful Companion

RogueWolfXD

So recently I got my very first color mutation, a cyan colored direbear, and the feeling of accomplishment really made this bear feel special even if it isn’t my best one. I never go anywhere without him now! Does anyone else have that one companion that has a special place by your side? What made it special? And what kind of adventures have you guys been on? 

I usually try to hold on to and use one shoulder pet (Glowtails or Dimos), and even if I have a bunch of others I'll go to stupid lengths to make sure I get "mine" back if I die or lose it.

I also always have two frogs, one fast frog for travel, one beefcake frog for caves. Losing a dimo can be a bummer, but losing a good frog bothers me more than losing any other tame.

Hello,

I am legazy for Baryonyx they are also freaking awesome. Now in the new Official servers I become a Rex only player. I now play PvE. For moving in water, meaning rivers, the Bary can be covert then jump out take action and hide back in the water again. If someone is following the gear is their loss.

However it might be that I think they are slower now than before. So Bary is still my favorite then Rex and Argents.

Regards,

Ariana and Sara

In Legacy? My main mount was a poison wyvern, initially she was a speed wyvern before the great flyer nerf of 2017. Her name was Mercy and after the nerf I was so used to using her for transport I just continued to use her. Best wyvern ever, decent damage, weight, could cross the island twice and not think about it on her. 

Post release? Depends on the map. On Ragnarok I use a pack of fire wyverns all leveled in damage/stam. In the early days before we got a giga in the tribe I would do my meat runs and just set the four of them on aggressive in the swamps. Fun times. Especially when they ate someone’s potential tame.

On Abberation it’s my lovely Rock Drake, Shesha. He’s not so useful anymore since I have better drakes but I keep him around because he was my first and after having him get stuck under the map and having a GM rescue him I don’t have the heart to part with him. 

My very first ravager has kind of a special place. He's my 1st of 7 ravagers, the lowest one of them though (tamed lvl 201), but has the best health and melee. I use him for scouting and taming. For tranquing slow herbivores from his back and luring other ravs, spinos and karkinos into traps.

I don't take him into the biolum and red zone though, too dangerous. Also I don't take him often to the ground near water where karkinos can grab us and smash us to death. My base is on the second level on green zone, that's where I am most of the time. The biggest and actually only serious threat to him there and on the third level are ravager packs. 

I still use a brown, pre-nerf fire wyvern as my main mount on SE. (pve legacy) it was lvl 180 if I remember correctly. 

The egg was a gift from a really friendly player, who has been on our server for a long time and then left without really saying goodbye. We didn't do anything together, except the occasional chat, which made this gift even more special. 

He gave it to me when wyverns were still rare, and I couldn't find a high fire egg for quite a while.

My first raptor/dino, charmeleon (I was obsessed with Pokemon...)was a flame red raptor and with the op stats on my server she took down rexes with a single snap (O (we hated J at that point) my tribemate had a terror bird that was easily dispatched by the aggressive at the time super turkeys) whilst she was technically O’s she was epic, we later transferred to his world and built a base with a pedestal for charmeleon (who was nerfed from o’s world)

Disaster struck whilst O was afk and super turkeys attacked the pedestal which was behind the host barrier and all I could do was watch charmeleon struggle against the hyper aggressive super turkeys and get devoured.:Jerbcry:

For me, it has to be Keiko my 130 perfect tamed Basilosaurus back on legacy. Spent weeks looking for a high level basil when they first came out, even low levels were few and far between and finally came across this one. Was great. Did all my underwater stuff on it like daily visits to the underwater cave on the west of the island. Was so happy when I found an ascendant saddle bp for it. Remeber taking on the first alpha mosa with that whale, so good. Just wish it was faster, handled so much easier than my mosa did. Miss that basil...

Other mentions from legacy got to be my first lightning wyvern Saphira (traded), first fire wyvern Kilgharah (again traded for) and long time meat runner natural deep red giga Ares (a gift from a friend). All three being heavily relied on. *Sigh* The good ol' days.

The most important tame in any tribe I am involved in is a max level female parasaur named Anna. It will never be used, never noticed, but will have a pen built for it and daily love and affection from a tribe mate we picked up a long time ago on legacy official pvp, she is scared of the dark, won't leave view of the base alone and was pushed around and bullied for 6 months by bad tribe mates so had no self confidence at all.

But every plant will be filled with fert, every tame fed, turrets filled etc, basically all the base rubbish nobody wants to do, she loves and because of it, if anybody even threatened her parasaur Anna, we would rain hellfire and brimstone upon them.

Now we're set up on a good unofficial cluster she wanted to push her boundaries and together we have done every cave, (she killed me 3 times in ragnarok lava dungeon) collected every artifact outside of aberration and beaten every boss other than Rockwell (she refuses to go into the radiation zone).

But yesterday she announced she had tamed a new Anna on aberration, because it just wouldn't be the same without another useless parasaur named Anna. Now she is hunting for a 'pretty mate so she doesn't get lonely'.

Archived