Once upon a time...

RaiderofthelostARK

There once was constant feedback and dev interaction with the players and loyal customers. And everyone was happy! But lately a dark cloud has found it's way high above WC studios and is raining down nasty comments from the once happy customers and players due to the silence of the devs. Who stole their tongues...fingers or whatever?Will we ever see the magical times again? #bored at work #rant

47 minutes ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

There once was constant feedback and dev interaction with the players and loyal customers. And everyone was happy! But lately a dark cloud has found it's way high above WC studios and is raining down nasty comments from the once happy customers and players due to the silence of the devs. Who stole their tongues...fingers or whatever?Will we ever see the magical times again? #bored at work #rant

https://arkdevtracker.com/ <- This is a good place to see where their tongues and fingers have been. The game still needs work and communication still has room for improvement...but the devs certainly haven't gone silent. Coming from a week-one player, communication seems to be better now than it ever has been...even if it's not always the communication I want. (The communication I really want is a release date for the Kibble Rework and S+ implementation. Not holding my breath though.)

21 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

https://arkdevtracker.com/ <- This is a good place to see where their tongues and fingers have been. The game still needs work and communication still has room for improvement...but the devs certainly haven't gone silent. Coming from a week-one player, communication seems to be better now than it ever has been...even if it's not always the communication I want. (The communication I really want is a release date for the Kibble Rework and S+ implementation. Not holding my breath though.)

Nothing really good there as far as info. Jat and Jen used to chat in forums as well as a weekly digest. I wonder why they stopped giving out info. I miss reading the digest and knowing what to look forward to.

35 minutes ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

Nothing really good there as far as info. Jat and Jen used to chat in forums as well as a weekly digest. I wonder why they stopped giving out info. I miss reading the digest and knowing what to look forward to.

I'm having a hard time reconciling your first post and this one. Guess all I can do is wish you luck in finding what you're looking for. 

You don't remember the constant updates regarding new content such as redwood being introduced ? There was weekly notes about things of that nature. Like you said communication about kibble rework and further details about the tlc would be amazing. If they was reworking the kibble or tlc say...a year ago we would always be aware of changes coming our way.

3 hours ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

You don't remember the constant updates regarding new content such as redwood being introduced ? There was weekly notes about things of that nature. Like you said communication about kibble rework and further details about the tlc would be amazing. If they was reworking the kibble or tlc say...a year ago we would always be aware of changes coming our way.

I do remember that. I've attributed the lack of updates on upcoming dinos and biomes to the fact that there haven't been many upcoming dinos and biomes. They've been pretty good and getting better about communicating their priorities like the Dino TLC, Turret balance, and other various changes. We seem to be getting updates far more than once a week, but it's just not all in one place now. The TLC pass, for example, has received a lot of communication updates regarding not only intentions, but sneak peeks and requests for input. Those updates, however, have spanned multiple different media platforms...hence my regular suggestion to follow the dev tracker. 

The bigger issue here, from my perspective, is that there is a lot of communication happening, but it's not necessarily the communication everyone wants. When it comes to things like the S+ implementation, I am really excited to hear what might be coming. It would be nice running less mods on private servers, and S+ could do that for sure. So how do we get updates like that?

Again, I don't think anyone is wrong for being disappointed that their expectations haven't been met when it comes to communication. I do, however, think that some folks might be expecting more communication than is possible or - in some cases - reasonable. It seems you and I are at some level of agreement that communication is happening, but not necessarily the communication we hope for. That feeling will always exist on some level (we can't expect WC to keep us to date on everything we want to know about), but I believe there is more the community can do to foster the type and content of communication we collectively are hoping to get from Wildcard. Many of the threads that pop up about communication aren't exactly going to help. I'm personally of the opinion that trash talking and accusatory rants are less likely to inspire the communication we expect...even if we feel like the trash talk and rants might be justified. Even if the are justified. Anyway...that's kind of the direction I'm coming from.

So, in other words, I agree with you on principle...but I also work to keep things in things in what I consider to be a fairly reasonable perspective. Your mileage may vary. Now dammit Wildcard, where the hell are my bears that don't look like they have stupid Persian-cat faces?

Archived