Don't Bother Playing Aberration (PvP)

Crows

Now look, before you think "Oh he's just whining" hear me out. I have nothing but respect for WildCard for making this awesomely addictive game, but you know what really bothers me? how things in the game aren't completely thought-out before being implemented into the live game, and before their fix (if they ever do get altered/fixed) it's too late.

I'm going to try and keep this simple because quite frankly, I'm quitting or at least taking a few months break until something new happens, I suppose. 

Aberration... awesome map, but why the hell have you scattered the 'Wild Plant Z' healing plants almost EVERYWHERE? raiders are draining bullets and healing at the plants. They're using Reapers, Boxed Paracers and obviously Stegos. The only "safe" places to build on that map on official PvP servers is obviously high up to avoid bullet soakers. Even then, it's not hard to use a rock drake to soak bullets and then fly down to a heal plant afterwards.

Reaper Kings being able to jump as high as crabs, like really? that's ridiculous.

No CrossArk/Open Aberration servers = Established tribes in the servers get bored and wipe lesser tribes, even mentioning it in global before doing so... "Are you prepared for war?" like as if it's some hosted private/non-dedicated server.

Also, pearl pools are ridiculous, especially in blue zone. I tamed 7+ Anglers (lvl 50-130's) and all of them died to WILD anglers around every 3 days while locked up inside of a 2x2 metal box. Not to mention when you go to gather pearls, every eel and angler in the space of a friggin mile aggros you until you kill them with your crab on follow, but whatever - I got used to it, though I got sick of taming anglers.

If I were to leave any feedback about the fundamental issues of Ark PvP:

• Get rid of the auto-decay. It has no purpose on PvP servers where players can kill/destroy things.
  • Make taming, gathering, XP gaining and breeding less tedious because once that tribe spends enough time building up, only to be wiped again and again and again, guess what? they'll most likely quit playing, and no - not even retreating to PvE because they've seen enough of the game at its core and spent enough time on it already. 
  • Significantly buff structures or nerf explosives or significantly increase their cost. Any established tribe has access to hundreds of C4 and so they foundation wipe without a care. They're swimming in explosives. 

Good luck guys.

1 hour ago, Crows said:

Now look, before you think "Oh he's just whining" hear me out. I have nothing but respect for WildCard for making this awesomely addictive game, but you know what really bothers me? how things in the game aren't completely thought-out before being implemented into the live game, and before their fix (if they ever do get altered/fixed) it's too late.

I'm going to try and keep this simple because quite frankly, I'm quitting or at least taking a few months break until something new happens, I suppose. 

Aberration... awesome map, but why the hell have you scattered the 'Wild Plant Z' healing plants almost EVERYWHERE? raiders are draining bullets and healing at the plants. They're using Reapers, Boxed Paracers and obviously Stegos. The only "safe" places to build on that map on official PvP servers is obviously high up to avoid bullet soakers. Even then, it's not hard to use a rock drake to soak bullets and then fly down to a heal plant afterwards.

Reaper Kings being able to jump as high as crabs, like really? that's ridiculous.

No CrossArk/Open Aberration servers = Established tribes in the servers get bored and wipe lesser tribes, even mentioning it in global before doing so... "Are you prepared for war?" like as if it's some hosted private/non-dedicated server.

Also, pearl pools are ridiculous, especially in blue zone. I tamed 7+ Anglers (lvl 50-130's) and all of them died to WILD anglers around every 3 days while locked up inside of a 2x2 metal box. Not to mention when you go to gather pearls, every eel and angler in the space of a friggin mile aggros you until you kill them with your crab on follow, but whatever - I got used to it, though I got sick of taming anglers.

If I were to leave any feedback about the fundamental issues of Ark PvP:

• Get rid of the auto-decay. It has no purpose on PvP servers where players can kill/destroy things.
  • Make taming, gathering, XP gaining and breeding less tedious because once that tribe spends enough time building up, only to be wiped again and again and again, guess what? they'll most likely quit playing, and no - not even retreating to PvE because they've seen enough of the game at its core and spent enough time on it already. 
  • Significantly buff structures or nerf explosives or significantly increase their cost. Any established tribe has access to hundreds of C4 and so they foundation wipe without a care. They're swimming in explosives. 

Good luck guys.

So you literally give no good reason not to play pvp. Your base will be soaked regardless if your not online. Plants are pretty op but if your letting someone tank, heal, and repeate your not pushing and letting them attack you. Reapers, drakes, hell even ravagers can sneak around and kill someone healing.

We have no problems getting pearls, have someone on a spino eat a flower then kill everything that aggros. Take your angler to fertile lake, use your head and think of things outside the box. Don't lose 8 anglers without doing anything different. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame me, fool me 3 times and im either retarded or incapable of thinking of another strategy.

Cross ark: Theres always an alpha, being an alpha of one single server your gonna get bored.

To me, sounds like your in a low pop tribe. You are not thinking outside the box and aimlessly do the same thing over and over without trying to solve the problem. The fact you come on here crying like this shows me 1 of 3 things. Your young, your new, or your just incapable of problem solving

Get guud GG

On 12/18/2017 at 10:23 AM, Crows said:

@ClamsJager aren't crabs hard to tame though? heard they take cannon & cannon balls = another thing most upcoming PvP tribes won't have access to... 

*Wild Plant Z is a resource.  I would treat it like having a drop come down near by (where people can pull out tames) and turret it off.

*Pearls are not too bad of an issue.  There was probably a problem with your pen, if a wild dino got inside and killed your angler.  Currently when I go to pearl farm solo, I have a group of spinos trailing.  I go do my thing, they murder everything around me, and when I get the angler back into the pen, I take a spino out to do the same lap to make sure none of the spinos got stuck and left out there.

yes wild z plant do make healing up during raids quite easy, would be nice if they would lengthen the no dmg taken timer to 30 sec or so. 

however I was running into some of the same problems you are. 

after your break , if you have not yet given ORP servers a try, You should. 

theres even an official cluster. cross ark 5

I've been having fun with it, everything is much more defendable and managable.

I think its great you cannot just defend your base with turrets and NOT PVP. All those people who sit on PvP servers with MILLIONS of turrets and never leave the base sound like PvE's. Also the tribes raiding that have to fight  tons and tons of turrets to get to a base no one is actually defending also sounds like they are doing PvE. The Devs have made it clear the player vs Turret instead of Player vs Player is getting a bit crazy they don't want you to play like that. Like when they didn't want people flying 99.9% of the time they made flyers stink.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Now the Angler fish getting killed IS a problem. I too have had this problem. Even in a metal box or even in a pen made outta small metal dino gates somehow things spawn inside or render glitch threw and kill the anglers.  Keep them on neutral and I put a few high level Dimetrodons in with them on Neutral.  

28 minutes ago, Fattyblunt420 said:

I think its great you cannot just defend your base with turrets and NOT PVP. All those people who sit on PvP servers with MILLIONS of turrets and never leave the base sound like PvE's. Also the tribes raiding that have to fight  tons and tons of turrets to get to a base no one is actually defending also sounds like they are doing PvE. The Devs have made it clear the player vs Turret instead of Player vs Player is getting a bit crazy they don't want you to play like that. Like when they didn't want people flying 99.9% of the time they made flyers stink.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Now the Angler fish getting killed IS a problem. I too have had this problem. Even in a metal box or even in a pen made outta small metal dino gates somehow things spawn inside or render glitch threw and kill the anglers.  Keep them on neutral and I put a few high level Dimetrodons in with them on Neutral.  

Put them in a box at fertile lake. How do you all have this problem.

On 24/01/2018 at 7:54 PM, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

So you literally give no good reason not to play pvp. Your base will be soaked regardless if your not online.

I was online. I already "literally" gave you the reason - Wild Plant Z, specifically. 

Plants are pretty op but if your letting someone tank, heal, and repeate your not pushing and letting them attack you.

There are 4 plants by where our base was located and the closest one to our base had a turret tower over it which got easily soaked because they placed their Tek forcefield right next to it.

We also tried killing their Paracer while it sat on the heal plant and it wasn't enough. Not even 6 C4s (I got attacked by their Reaper) tickled its health as it quickly healed out of its bloody state within seconds. 

Regardless of the possibilities and odds and situation, they are overpowered. Simple as. 

We have no problems getting pearls

I didn't say we had a problem getting pearls, I merely complained about how infested the blue pearl lakes are. We farmed 10k+ pearls in between our Angler's constantly dying to bugs(?) but it eventually got tedious. 

To me, sounds like your in a low pop tribe.

2 man tribe.

Thanks for your reply anyway. I'm not going to sit here and explain in detail about what exactly happened and how our base was layed-out and how many turrets and where they were placed and what defensives did we have set-up, etc etc etc. The fact of the matter is wild Plant Z are overpowered and it spoils the map because it forces you to either go big with a big tribe, or build ridiculously high while limiting yourself in the process. 

There's fundamental issues with Ark, you can't deny that. 

Even if you're personally in a comfortable position right now on your server and have it all going for you, once you've played for long enough and experienced PvP in its entirety and been wiped and raided others countless numbers of times, you start to see its fundamental issues and in the end, it leaves you questioning why bother continuing to play the game. 

u make valid quotes..

my tribe of 6 had multiple crab tames for farming and megas for stomping and also over 20 ravs and were on a path to obtain drake eggs.. as we work 9 to 5 and have lives we cant sit on ark all day!

we pvpd with many tribes mainly bola bashing on ravagers and shotgunning the alpha drakes to the face! cause u cant speak to them lol they just wanna walk over u with there top tier/lvl drakes.. easily killable tho..

wasnt to long after this they literally wait till your offline by checking steam and send everything at u.. 

plant z is a stupid idea! they should have a charge like the charge node... u wanna spam it lose it! be forced to find another!

plant z fruit! BRILLIANT!

at least give pvp servers an offline raid timer... as alpha tribes always have some dole bludgers or jobless scrubs on 24/7 who cant take advantage of this mechanic!

u can could have 30 - 40 - 50 heavy turrets they will spend 8 - 10 hours soaking dieing just for the thrill as there is no repercussions as there enemy is offline... 

nothing about *getting gud* its plain and simply this.. pvp servers are for mega tribes and tbh when u have servers like oc abberation 321 who remove everyone off it so they can use the server just for metal farming to feed there others servers... bit of a joke imo.. they havent reached a population of 10 in 4 days... DILO

pvp servers are not friendly towards small tribes... after night 1 in stone ul wake up to nothing cause they want u that way! 0 threat... cause losing a dino to u online would be an embarrassment! MUST OFFLINE FTW!

On 1/25/2018 at 1:43 PM, Doth said:

Put them in a box at fertile lake. How do you all have this problem.

I did that right off the bat with my first angler and somehow it got killed by a wild manta while I was offline. Must have glitched through the wall or something because when I came back the box was fully entact and closed.

On 26/01/2018 at 9:30 PM, LouSpowells said:

Better suggestion:

If you like Ark, try Aberration. If you like it, keep playing it. If you don't like it, stop playing it.

If you don't have any points to make, don't say a thing. As much as I like ARK and Aberration, being a blind fanboy is just a plain stupid way to enjoy anything. I like, I share, but I'll always dare to points any bugs and gameplay issues. Do yourself a favor and stop defending sponsored developers, this is their duty alone.

2 hours ago, TorakWolfy said:

If you don't have any points to make, don't say a thing. As much as I like ARK and Aberration, being a blind fanboy is just a plain stupid way to enjoy anything. I like, I share, but I'll always dare to points any bugs and gameplay issues. Do yourself a favor and stop defending sponsored developers, this is their duty alone.

My suggestion in response to the OP's assertion was simple: If you like it, play it. If you don't like it, don't play it. There is nothing pro or anti Wildcard in that statement. 

Being critical of Wildcard and being critical of questionable logic such as "I didn't like it therefore no one should bother playing it" don't have to be mutually exclusive. You've got absolutely zero knowledge of how I feel about the series of missteps, mistakes, and delays we have all experienced during the development process of a game that my own personal subjectivity indicates is still enjoyable despite its flaws. 

I'm not suggesting people should like it. I'm suggesting that if they do, they should continue playing. I'm suggesting that if they don't, they should stop playing. It's a simple concept. Stop letting it float over your head because doing so better fits a pointlessly aggressive narrative.

On 03/02/2018 at 9:07 PM, LouSpowells said:

Being critical of Wildcard and being critical of questionable logic such as "I didn't like it therefore no one should bother playing it" don't have to be mutually exclusive.

I'm saying don't bother, as in don't waste your time (figure of speech) not "DON'T PLAY IT!" like as if that would have any impact anyway, everyone's experiences differ on the game but I'm still sticking with "don't bother."

Aberration or not, if players want to continue playing Ark then go ahead and have a blast, I sure made some good memories from the game but I won't ever be going back to it unfortunately.

My only drive and intentions to play Ark were on official PvP servers only, and so I stuck with them since I started. On top of all of the bugs, imbalance and obvious flaws, WildCard (and you lot) think it's all great though. Look at the trailers for new maps which showcase unrealistic PvP battles/raids which could only ever be achieved on unofficial servers with some planning. The reality of official PvP servers is basically, in a nutshell; a sociopath's wet dream. It does nothing good for the human psyche. People's true colours show on official PvP ark - it's like a personality test rather than a game. I lost countless friends over the 1+ year and when it all comes down to it, it's all for nothing.

So much for a game where you can spend months building up only for it vanish just like that, and for what? to satisfy someone else's ego. You can say "that's Ark!" yeah, but it will only continue going downhill regardless of all of the fancy new updates, creatures, maps, etc.

21 hours ago, Crows said:

a sociopath's wet dream. It does nothing good for the human psyche. People's true colours show on official PvP ark - it's like a personality test rather than a game.

I agree with a lot of your post, but to imply that playing on official PvP servers damages the psyche or is indicative of sociopathic tendencies flies directly in the face of modern psychiatry. It's a game, not a personality test. 

On 2/9/2018 at 10:47 PM, Crows said:

The reality of official PvP servers is basically, in a nutshell; a sociopath's wet dream.

I couldn't agree more. Had friends I met on ARK and was friends with for nearly 2 years suddenly show who they really were to me the beginning of this year. 

I'm never returning to the online server scene. I have seen, encountered, been friends with, and stalked by the worst sorts of people. It's not for people who can empathize and actually genuinely experience emotions. Alpha tribes and mega tribes are just toxic. I feel stupid for not putting my foot down as hard as I did sooner over the harassment I, for whatever reason, put up with despite how gross it made me feel. I miss being in small tribes, honestly, despite being wiped daily. The attitude that these larger tribes have just isn't there when it's you and 1-3 other people you know IRL. 

Single player has been the biggest relief of my entire ARK experience. I suggest anyone done with the duping, attitude of other players, and general toxicity of the official servers to try single player. Or even try dedicated. I've had my fill of people for however long it takes me to regain faith in humanity again, so no dedicated for me. But I'm not going to let the money I spent on this game go to waste just because some sad, disturbed people decided to make me their black sheep. And the best part of single player? If ARK glitches and you lose a dino due to it getting stuck in the map or what have you, you can correct it yourself instead of waiting months for the devs to respond to your ticket. 

2 man tribe.
Thanks for your reply anyway. I'm not going to sit here and explain in detail about what exactly happened and how our base was layed-out and how many turrets and where they were placed and what defensives did we have set-up, etc etc etc. The fact of the matter is wild Plant Z are overpowered and it spoils the map because it forces you to either go big with a big tribe, or build ridiculously high while limiting yourself in the process. 
There's fundamental issues with Ark, you can't deny that. 
Even if you're personally in a comfortable position right now on your server and have it all going for you, once you've played for long enough and experienced PvP in its entirety and been wiped and raided others countless numbers of times, you start to see its fundamental issues and in the end, it leaves you questioning why bother continuing to play the game. 
Sounds like instead of complaining about OP plants you need to just learn to better utilize them yourself to offset the fact that raiders are healing. That, combined with the other suggestions to pay attention to fleeing soakers. Follow them with Ravagers or a Drake. If they have stegos, crab throw them. Either off a cliff, or all the way into your turrets.

I understand why you say the plants are OP. But with the sheer utility of ALL the Aberration creatures you really should be able to work around this.

Every Aberration creatures is crazy mobile, in it's own way. Crabs and Reapers can be used to knock attackers away, or deeper into turrets to insure death. Basilisks can be brutal with their green missles into a raid line. Ravagers are crazy fast, and with the use of ziplines, you can easily out maneuver nearly any tame in the game for a quick kill. So, yeah, maybe get some zipline paths placed to all the nearby plants so you can ambush. Rock Drake's have to be the fast tame in the game, and hit fairly hard, plus you can stack both of you, and both shoot. Even roll rats could be potentially used to wreck a raid line. Fill it with bodies, roll in, massive boom boom (rockets, C4, flash bangs, whatever).

Archived