Dungeon Loot Crates in aberration

Darkblood

19 hours ago, Janexlolz said:

Have you set up base next to them with bed and chest to loot, leave in chest, die and come back later for loot?

No I have not. I just fly down on the drake and spend some time in the cave. Take a spare set of hazard. Only seekers will naturally aggro, so just avoid fighting everything else unless you are clearing to jump off for a drop.  If I get bored I go just outside the cave and hunt queens.

5 hours ago, Janexlolz said:

Would you say those drops are better than surface?

Definitely to an extent. The drop quality is equal to a drop of the same level/color with a ring. With the frequency of ringed drops and specific colors, these definitely offer a more consistent feed of that tier. Especially noting that the only drops in this cave are yellow and red. Most frequently yellow I noticed, about a 1:3 - red:yellow.

I personally find just a ton of saddles, from trike to spino, Megal, and drake as well. As well as hazard equips at least every other drop. And every now and again I get some weapons and tools, mostly in jrny to asc tier.

38 minutes ago, FirstToFire said:

Definitely to an extent. The drop quality is equal to a drop of the same level/color with a ring. With the frequency of ringed drops and specific colors, these definitely offer a more consistent feed of that tier. Especially noting that the only drops in this cave are yellow and red. Most frequently yellow I noticed, about a 1:3 - red:yellow.

I personally find just a ton of saddles, from trike to spino, Megal, and drake as well. As well as hazard equips at least every other drop. And every now and again I get some weapons and tools, mostly in jrny to asc tier.

Have you found pick or hatchet bps?

On 2/3/2018 at 4:42 AM, RoyHess666 said:

Maybe that did made a change ;)
In any case, I've noticed on my testserver, when the config file reached a certain size... dunno 4KB perhaps, the game server - on startup - completely cleared the file, odd behavior this one.
If you want, you can post your section of the config file here, or use the pastebin website for that.

Never forget to wipe out your passwords!

Nah, what really made the difference was a software called "Beacon" which helped a lot.

I surprises me that you are having problems with the ini file size. In our server we run a big game.ini (abour 7 Mb) on three clusters just fine, and each server has only 8MB of ram to work with.

In fact, it was much easier to use that file in the servers than in this forum, lol, no matter how I try it just crashes when I send the message. Even pastebin is balking (the limit is 500 kb, unless I decide to pay). I had to create a dropbox share to be able to do it, and since I went through that trouble I posted it as a thread in the server admin part of the forums:

1 hour ago, RoyHess666 said:

DILO?
A 7MB game.ini?
I need so see what kind of stuff you put in there.
That sounds terribly bloated.

yep, 95% of that is the loot substitution code. For each item you put in there you use this many characters:

(EntryWeight=0.900000,ItemClassStrings=("PrimalItemStructure_WoodFloor_C"),ItemsWeights=(1.000000),MinQuantity=1,MaxQuantity=16,MinQuality=0.000000,MaxQuality=0.000000,bForceBlueprint=false,ChanceToBeBlueprintOverride=0.0)

And you will have to repeat that for every group and every loot drop in which that item appears... I guess it could look like this (conveying the same info above):

(0.9,("PrimalItemStructure_WoodFloor_C"),(1.0),1,16,0.0,0.0,0,0.0)

but WildCard likes to keep them human readable (the many digit numbers are also bad, but that is fault of the Beacon app - although WC does it a lot too).

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2018 at 10:36 PM, Zeraki said:

You can´t get pick or hatchet bps in aberration. Best bet to find decent ones are from nameless. Those have given me up to jm picks. Also, dont waste time on alpha karkinos, they dont drop anything but trash, only reason would be for exp

Not sure if this was posted prior to TLC Patch (if it is, I apologise), but there are BPs for it now, but mostly in Surface Beacons.

32 minutes ago, Zeraki said:

It was prior to the TLC, but I had no idea they updated the loot table I haven´t been on aberration since the TLC so I can´t confirm

Oh. Sorry about that then.

But yeah, after TLC, Karkinos and Basilisk Saddles (BP) aren't the only one being dropped now. Tools BP now drop as well, I had two MC (Pick)Axe BP, but lost it when WC had to rollback because of Gigantopithecus issue twice.

They still don't have loot drop for Fur, Scuba and Riot though. oh well.

• 1 month later...

Can confirm I have many times grabbed drops from inside the Old Railway Cave (if that's the Glowtail cave by the Portal?)... I've had MC cimbing pick bp, asc flak helm bp, lots of saddle BPs... There's one location right at the beginning, like after you duck under the entry, run down to the first bit of water you hit - a drop spawns there. Another spawns at the end of the corridor, down at the bottom in the pool. Turn left and zipline or pick over the gap and there are possible spawns at the top (on the ledge you run along to turn right) and another if you just drop straight off (as if you were gonna run along the little stream..) 
Those are just the first four I can think of :)

On 04/02/2018 at 2:19 PM, ZyraSeedling said:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Explorer_Map_(Aberration) I got the coords off this map (pc is better than phone or tablet here, hover your cursor over the icon) it can be used for the other caves as well. Check dungeon crates on theside

We have actually found 8 of the 9 for red zone cave. (Bottom center of the map)

thx man , i'll try to hit those loots crates this night .

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived