Boss Dino Recommendations

Zahlea

Im breeding rexes that level out to 35k+ hp and 700+ melee can I take on all the bosses with that? I see a lot of these bosses have theriz recommendations only... I assume my rexes are capable? We did the gamma broodmother with 7 13-20k 400-600% rexes and 6 25k 400-600% rexes and only had saddles from 55-60 armor. These finite listings are odd, id rather see stats that people have used and worked that arent a full squad of twins and triplets... My current gen of rexes is going to be well over 40k/700% and Id bet they can handle most of the bosses without 120 saddles or daeodons... right?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, TheDukeBones said:

Im breeding rexes that level out to 35k+ hp and 700+ melee can I take on all the bosses with that? I see a lot of these bosses have theriz recommendations only... I assume my rexes are capable? We did the gamma broodmother with 7 13-20k 400-600% rexes and 6 25k 400-600% rexes and only had saddles from 55-60 armor. These finite listings are odd, id rather see stats that people have used and worked that arent a full squad of twins and triplets... My current gen of rexes is going to be well over 40k/700% and Id bet they can handle most of the bosses without 120 saddles or daeodons... right?

They are gonna get shred by Dragon. But yeah, they should work fine with Spider and Monkey on alpha with a yuti. I never use Daeodon in a fight, even on tek cave, I just use it before the boss room. 

However, I would advise better saddle to avoid loss of rexes. At least 100 armor to be safe, 120 would be better. 55-60 is gonna be tight... Might work fine for megapithecus though. 

I have to use 120 because my rexes are glass canons with 25k hp which allows me to reach 800% melee with only 80k xp per Rex. Our personal Rexes are close to 1000% melee. 

7 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

First, mate boosting, pack boosting and yuti roar will reduce the reflected damage. As it's categorized as self damage, like when you punch a tree. So, roaring the kentro won't increase the reflected damage. Damage is reflected in % of incoming damage. So roaring them will increase their resistance by 25%, thus lowering dps by 25% and thus making the fight longer, meaning more add spawns. 

Then, let's do some math:

base_percent_damage_returned = 10.0

additional_weight_percent_damage_returned = 0.1

"returned_damage" = ((("drag weight" * "additional_weight_percent_damage_returned")+ "base_percent_damage_returned") / 100) * "received_damage"

If "returned_damage" > "received_damage" then "returned_damage" = "received_damage"

Knowing that drag weight of broodmother is 1200, thus, we have:

"Returned damage"=(((1200*0.1)+10)/100)*"received damage" = 1.2 * "received damage"

Which means, it will reflect 100% of the boss damage. However the spider's drag weight is 90, which means only 19% damage will be reflected on the little spiders. But let's ignore that. 

Gamma Brood has 324 000 hp. So, with 20 kentros stuffed with cakes, it can somehow be done with around 8-10k hp each kentro...

Alpha would need about 25-30k kentros... 

That is:

-if there are no spiders

-if broodmother never spits acid

-if broodmother switches aggro all the time, spreading the damage to not kill kentros before they can heal back up

-you spend enough time to level them

And this is why people don't use them. They will die from the spiders or from the acid spit. Maybe bring more daeodon, but remember, the fight has a 15min timer. And with no saddle, they are gonna get hurt very fast, so you will need more daeodon.

And let's not forget that the kentros will naturally encircle it, meaning just maybe 5-7 of them will be hit at once. 

So what you're saying is, it's possible, but not likely. 

I'm just looking for ways to do the bosses that aren't 20 Rex's with HP and melee. 

My thinking was maybe 15 kentros, with a Yuty and 4 Daeodons, hoping 4 or 5 Daeodons would be enough healing stacked to keep the kentros alive. I don't expect them all to come back, just figured they could effectively keep BM busy while we unload bullets into her

Aberration:

1 Rock Drake per person attending fight, 15k Health, 1300 stamina, rest melee.

People: 300% pump action shotguns and/or 300% assault rifle with Shadow Steak Saute and one charge dino for every person attending.

If any remaining dino space because you don't have 10 people, fill the void with your strongest Reapers, all points into melee.

6 hours ago, WolfasaurusRex said:

Aberration:

1 Rock Drake per person attending fight, 15k Health, 1300 stamina, rest melee.

People: 300% pump action shotguns and/or 300% assault rifle with Shadow Steak Saute and one charge dino for every person attending.

If any remaining dino space because you don't have 10 people, fill the void with your strongest Reapers, all points into melee.

Balance your reapers. We took in 12 reapers with 50k health and everything else in melee after leveling them up.

They all survived beta rockwell, taking major damage. You really need to put in health because those orbs hit hard. We even had to take down some elemental reapers with guns due being swarmed.

In the end we did it with 4 players on drakes, light pets and reapers. Shotguns with 300 bullets and rifles and stakes.

Losses: 2 light pets

On 2/10/2018 at 1:39 AM, DeweyDecimal said:

So what you're saying is, it's possible, but not likely. 

I'm just looking for ways to do the bosses that aren't 20 Rex's with HP and melee. 

My thinking was maybe 15 kentros, with a Yuty and 4 Daeodons, hoping 4 or 5 Daeodons would be enough healing stacked to keep the kentros alive. I don't expect them all to come back, just figured they could effectively keep BM busy while we unload bullets into her

i was thinking, maybe replacing 5 of the kentros with rexes would be viable? all mounted, of course. as the kentros are circling it and reflecting damage and taking some of the soaking,  a team of imprinted rexes with good stats could chomp away at it.

ive never done a boss battle yet so this is just speculation.

• 3 months later...

Hey,

This Weekend i also want to start breeding Boss Dinos. Id like to go with Therzis just because i like them :)

I know it should be possible for all Bosses but i will be doing all the Bossfights solo and before i spent that Time i want to be sure.

Can i go for it? Im also fearing that if WC nerf the cakes i can throw away my hole breeding line...

Thanks!

Two quick questions myself:

1) I heard a  while back that Island Dragon was (accidentally?) buffed in the patch that it was supposed to be nerfed on, and it did a lot more damage and possibly veggie cakes weren't working well.    Anything conclusive on that, IE has anyone done it lately?

2) Hearing Stegos for Alpha Rockwell, people are claiming that the energy orbs count as projectiles and the stegos are great for cannon fodder with HP pumped.    T/F?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 9:18 PM, Migol said:

Two quick questions myself:

1) I heard a  while back that Island Dragon was (accidentally?) buffed in the patch that it was supposed to be nerfed on, and it did a lot more damage and possibly veggie cakes weren't working well.    Anything conclusive on that, IE has anyone done it lately?

2) Hearing Stegos for Alpha Rockwell, people are claiming that the energy orbs count as projectiles and the stegos are great for cannon fodder with HP pumped.    T/F?

1) Yeah, they said they would nerf it, but never really did. They lowered a bit his flamethrower impact damage, but left his OP burning alone. Which changed close to nothing. Still as hard. 

2) True, but might as well have 1-2 mates shooting them down on rock drake. Steggos are SLOOOOW, and side stepping enough to shoot the tentacles in the back then walk back is not realistic as you get crowded by nameless, it could work, but it's much easier with rock drakes. Just circle clockwise or counterclockwise, shoot tentacles, balls and reapers that gets too close while using a lightpet and watch out to not go too fast and get electrocuted. 

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, WaightZer said:

Are these numbers in this thread still relevant until now? (as of Aug 2018)

Most are. But you need to read the entire thing to get a better understanding. Though, the stats available have increased quite a bit since then, so you might be able to use less dinos. The Rexes are not good enough for solo dragon yet though...

4 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Most are. But you need to read the entire thing to get a better understanding. Though, the stats available have increased quite a bit since then, so you might be able to use less dinos. The Rexes are not good enough for solo dragon yet though...

Yes, I have thoroughly read this thread since may, and a bit curious whether they're still viable. Planning to take on dragon on hardcore but cannot find updated/recent video doing dragon. 

1 hour ago, WaightZer said:

Yes, I have thoroughly read this thread since may, and a bit curious whether they're still viable. Planning to take on dragon on hardcore but cannot find updated/recent video doing dragon. 

Well, the less risky is shotgun+megaceros with some shotgun+rexes. 

Ceros to belly tank the dragon 1 by 1 while rest is far away shooting and the rexes to clear adds why dragon fly. 

Or try with shotty+reaper: 

His channel has a bunch of official boss videos. 

On 2/10/2018 at 2:28 AM, Paroxyde said:

That is:
-if there are no spiders
-if broodmother never spits acid
-if broodmother switches aggro all the time, spreading the damage to not kill kentros before they can heal back up
-you spend enough time to level them

- I think cakes work on kentros,
- kentros do attack as well, inflicting some damage besides reflecting (and with mate, pack and yuty boosts it can be decent)
- instead of Yuty one may want to bring a healpig or two

Megapithecus boss is more likely to go down from kentros because of strong AoE melee and lower health pool, imo.

For official pvp this is how it goes.

Hard broodmother  you would use around 6-8 megatheriums, good saddle, 20k hp around 700 melee.

For gamma megapithicus is the best to get element when attacking an enemy server. all you need to do is transfer 3 artifacts and use 2-4 good level theris with good saddles. for every gamma you only need artifacts, however for beta/alpha you need to farm the mats on their server.

Alpha mega you can just use rexes, you can legit do it with 1 person and 19 rexes. simply go on a yuty get the megapithicus to run down to the start and whistle rexes to attack and buff away.

On ragnarok you legit use 9 rhinos and a yuty, all being mounted. also use veggie cakes.

people don't really bother doing alpha dragon on island any more, as you can get the engrams on ragnarok, and is much easier on rag as the dragon has less hp but yet you still get the engrams and extra engrams of the manticore. 

With the overseer we just use like 20 rexes, and bring as many people as you want, cap seems to be broken which is very good lol. we legit bring 60 people to the cave on the island to ascend.

with rockwell you can just use stegos, light pet and shotguns. use veggie cake in stegos and bring spare high dura flak.

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2018 at 10:10 AM, TracerBee said:

All are ridden. You can ofcourse bring 19 but many will die due to not being able to get that insect buff by killing those adds.

Takes around 4-5 minutes i guess, but the best thing about using megatheriums is that, they are easy to transport, easy to heal and don't loose that much health. Easy 74 element. Only downside is you need players online.

What about two groups of 9 megatheriums(unridden). 1 player on a 45k food piggy and 1 on a yuty.

Megatheriums have 73 armor saddles. 15k health and between 300 and 450% melee.

Group 1 first on brood while being healed, when one dies group two is moved in while group one is moved back while being healed.

Swap the two groups of megatheriums when needed.

I am asking for alpha brood on the island.

18 minutes ago, TeRyn said:

What about two groups of 9 megatheriums(unridden). 1 player on a 45k food piggy and 1 on a yuty.

Megatheriums have 73 armor saddles. 15k health and between 300 and 450% melee.

Group 1 first on brood while being healed, when one dies group two is moved in while group one is moved back while being healed.

Swap the two groups of megatheriums when needed.

I am asking for alpha brood on the island.

You will run out of time or die. The low max hp means it takes more time to heal while brood will chew through them faster... while you don't do much damage as none is ridden. 

Just go for rex when you lack tribe mate. 

20 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

You will run out of time or die. The low max hp means it takes more time to heal while brood will chew through them faster... while you don't do much damage as none is ridden. 

Just go for rex when you lack tribe mate. 

Rgr well my rex's I have started breeding yet. Waiting for a breeding event.

Currently most of them are sitting between 20 to 25k health and mostly avging 350% dmg.

I was wondering how those rexss would do with a yuty and pig as well. Only have a 63 armor saddle for them.

Prolly would get chewed and spit out like nothing.

Archived