Boss Dino Recommendations

Zahlea

1 hour ago, TeRyn said:

Rgr well my rex's I have started breeding yet. Waiting for a breeding event.

Currently most of them are sitting between 20 to 25k health and mostly avging 350% dmg.

I was wondering how those rexss would do with a yuty and pig as well. Only have a 63 armor saddle for them.

Prolly would get chewed and spit out like nothing.

25k and 800-1000% melee with 90+ saddles is relatively safe with only yuti, don't know about having a daeodon but you might be quite close on time... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play on Official Server.

I need to do the Megapithecus to unlock the Last Tek Engrams for my char.

But i only breed on Aberration. I have more then 30 Spinos. They have Melee from 250 to 414 at birth. Are those enough to beat the Boss on Gamma and Beta? I know that the blue saddle with 42 Armor is not enough for Beta. But is it enough for Gamma? How should i level the Spinos? I will try to get a Yuti for Buff and use him with 19 Spinos. Tactic would be to shoot at the Boss and lure him to the start point. Which Saddle BP i should try to get, which armor is a must have for Beta Megapithecus?

3 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Edited the title so that I can find it when I search for it :) 

On a different note: haven't updated the post in a while, is the information still good?

Seems relevant still. Maybe add Megatherium as an option for Gamma Brood, thats pretty much it.

Not many new dinos that have an impact were added with Extinction. The Mana can go in a few boss fights but I personally dont know a situation where its' better than the current loadout.

10 hours ago, d1nk said:

Seems relevant still. Maybe add Megatherium as an option for Gamma Brood, thats pretty much it.

Not many new dinos that have an impact were added with Extinction. The Mana can go in a few boss fights but I personally dont know a situation where its' better than the current loadout.

Thank you! Added the Megatherium from Alpha Brood to Gamma and Beta.

10 hours ago, Piffguru said:

So theri's are a better option than rexes for the dragon fight?

The argument is that loaded up with veggie cakes, they can regenerate a lot of health while they can do a lot of damage as well. Not sure if they're the better option, some people definitely seem to think so, while others don't - I think it's up to preference. As far as this summary goes, consider them different options with none being better than the other.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Our tribe of 2 did Gamma Dragon last night on Legacy Island. We took 17 Rex with 80 saddle, mix of hp and melee (ranging from 70k hp and 900melee to 70k hp and 2k melee) 3 Therizinio,  a Yuty and a Daedon. We had some real trouble managing our whistles and lost 1 Rex to the dragon and 4 to the lava. I think we can do a lot better if we learn to manage our whistles better. The dragon went down pretty fast. We lost the time before with 19 Rex, 80 saddle and 50k hp with 600 melee and one Yuty. We did well avoiding the lava but couldn't take down the dragon fast enough. We had it to about 10% when the last rex was killed. I really appreciate this thread and was wondering about increasing our number of Theriz on the next go.

Can anyone with experience comment on therizino hp? The recommendation here is 21k and I do read that often. But I’ve also read that 15k is fine. Is this a debate? Or is 15 fine for some but not for others?

Im breeding and leveling my army right now and am hoping 1 good Yuty with a good saddle and HP and Stamina and 19 theris with 15k HP, 500+ Melee, 90+ saddles , and 10 veggie cakes each will at least work for gammas. 

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Insanely said:

Could you use wyverns for the manticore fight?

in scorched earth yes its possible do with a group of lightnings wyverns +600 melee.used around 15-17 wyverns.you should enable special attack AI otherwise they do not use right click attack.Fire Wyverns fire attack do not damage manticore only bite.

but since 279.275 patch flier AI forcing them to land in middle of fight.that cause wasting times and making hard to kill it in time.
Done a few run after this patch but some allies lost their wyvern packs in fights.so i do not recommend.

i will never forget that patch wildcard,nice improvement :p

v279.275
- Improved Flyer AI so that they no longer do circles into the air when attacking each other

On 5/29/2019 at 7:30 AM, mattj said:

Can anyone with experience comment on therizino hp? The recommendation here is 21k and I do read that often. But I’ve also read that 15k is fine. Is this a debate? Or is 15 fine for some but not for others?

Im breeding and leveling my army right now and am hoping 1 good Yuty with a good saddle and HP and Stamina and 19 theris with 15k HP, 500+ Melee, 90+ saddles , and 10 veggie cakes each will at least work for gammas. 

Bit of a late reply, but that should work for the gammas (although you might have trouble with gamma dragon, everyone has difficulty with the dragon though)

Archived