Boss Dino Recommendations

Zahlea

24 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

All are ridden. You can ofcourse bring 19 but many will die due to not being able to get that insect buff by killing those adds.

Takes around 4-5 minutes i guess, but the best thing about using megatheriums is that, they are easy to transport, easy to heal and don't loose that much health. Easy 74 element. Only downside is you need players online.

Oh cool, we use 19 with 90+ armor saddle.

Currently they all sit at 18k health with 600-700 dmg. It usually takes a bit more then 3 minutes. The most health I have lost is 10k on a non-ridden mega and 6k on my ridden mega(I didn't get the bug buff once for that one)

I'm raising more to change the ones we are riding for 10k health and rest in dmg.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank u so much guys u was very lightning...i hope to try alpha dragon with this strategy soon. He always rekt me (so sad LUL) xD

I also consider to do Rockwell at all difficulty.. im playing with another guy atm, we are only 2 and this kind of bosses are SO STRANGE for us but we love to try and retry and retry and retry (so sad another time LUL) :D

thanks for all ;););)

1 hour ago, DarthaNyan said:

I consider pigs complement cakes nicely instead of going in the way of healing because sometimes dragon does his breath multiple times per landing plus his hits are no joke either. Better safe than sorry.

DarthaNyan is correct on this.
There's 2 approaches to doing the dragon fight (also discussed in the giant dragon topic :D )

1. You aim to keep the dragon on the ground as much as possible, this requires piggies due the increased damage from the breaths

2. You aim to keep the dragon on the ground for three breaths only

The way to pull this off is not easy, but it has to do with the damage being done to him.
I'm not sure if we actually dove into that topic, but it's possible to pull of your dino's, stopping the fight now and then causing the dragon I think to stay grounded.
If you unleash full damage, I believe it was possible to make him fly up.
Don't pin me down on this, it's been a pretty long time since we've actually done this fight, but I remember a distinct difference between how we did the fight (forcing air time) and how Nutz did it (forcing ground time)

Nonetheless, it all comes down to controlling your dinosaurs, your compositions, breed/mutation generations and the game not being a sausage about it.

1 hour ago, Lancelot said:

Currently they all sit at 18k health with 600-700 dmg. It usually takes a bit more then 3 minutes. The most health I have lost is 10k on a non-ridden mega and 6k on my ridden mega(I didn't get the bug buff once for that one)

I'm raising more to change the ones we are riding for 10k health and rest in dmg.

Oh nice, it's been awhile since i did that boss, might try again soon with your stats and saddles.

Do you solo the spider or are most of those megas mounted?

54 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

Oh nice, it's been awhile since i did that boss, might try again soon with your stats and saddles.

Do you solo the spider or are most of those megas mounted?

We do alliance runs so right now we have 9 mounted megas, 1 mounted yuty and 10 non-mounted megas. Currently we only have 4 member imprinted on their own megas, the rest use the ones I imprinted myself.

3 hours ago, Olivar said:

DarthaNyan is correct on this.
There's 2 approaches to doing the dragon fight (also discussed in the giant dragon topic :D )

1. You aim to keep the dragon on the ground as much as possible, this requires piggies due the increased damage from the breaths

2. You aim to keep the dragon on the ground for three breaths only

The way to pull this off is not easy, but it has to do with the damage being done to him.
I'm not sure if we actually dove into that topic, but it's possible to pull of your dino's, stopping the fight now and then causing the dragon I think to stay grounded.
If you unleash full damage, I believe it was possible to make him fly up.
Don't pin me down on this, it's been a pretty long time since we've actually done this fight, but I remember a distinct difference between how we did the fight (forcing air time) and how Nutz did it (forcing ground time)

Nonetheless, it all comes down to controlling your dinosaurs, your compositions, breed/mutation generations and the game not being a sausage about it.

That's a mechanic I've not noticed, He never seems to stays around very long for me, and since I do most of my runs solo, I can turn he aggro between fire breath attacks, if he is clustered/surrounded he hardly stays on the ground, if I can spread my theros out they get a nice burst of dps, then he flies around for 15-20 seconds before landing again, I also try to keep the fight contained next to the starting area if possible, may mean I miss a few opportunities at damaging him, but I have no dps issues so I'd rather avoid the lava as much as possible.

On 2018-01-25 at 4:02 PM, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah I ment the overseer and tek cave :D I havent done that either lol

Added section for that! Now just waiting for someone to offer suggestions :) Or that I try it myself! :P

On 2018-01-25 at 5:09 PM, Saupe said:

Yes (there is a 12+ page thread debating this lol)and its all down to cakes.

I haven't been able to locate this thread... you don't happen to have the link for it? If it contains valuable discussions about tactics etc, I'll add it to the first post.

On 2018-01-25 at 6:38 PM, Lancelot said:

Would you say this tactic could be used solo or does it need for 1 yuty and 9 Megatheriums to be mounted?

On 2018-01-25 at 8:03 PM, Olivar said:

There's 2 approaches to doing the dragon fight (also discussed in the giant dragon topic :D ).

Is this the thread you're referring to? I'll put that as a link at the top as well :) It'd be a shame not to use the already available good info!

I don't really know about gamma and beta, however, I run weekly or monthly alphas runs on officials and here is my set up:

-Alpha Broodmother:

+14 Rexes 25k hp 800% melee 120 saddles

+ 1 Yuti 30k hp 6k stam 89 saddle

-Alpha Megapithecus:

+18 Rexes 25k hp 800% melee 120 saddles

(Fight far from the bridge or your dinos might get pushed to death in the botomless pit. We usually whistle passive, then yuti bait boss to the teleporting platform, then we whistle neutral)

Both are done solo with only one Yuri rider

-Alpha Dragon:

+1 Megaceros 18k hp 92 saddle

+3 Rexes 25k hp 800% melee 120 saddles

+4 Pump shotgun 250+% 500 bullets per person

+Few sets of decent flak

+Enduro stews and medical brews

(Rare flowers on the megaceros, 10 cakes. Rexes stay away from Dragon and just shoot. When spawn comes, the Ceros hide in the middle and due to rare flower, dimo and ptera will fly low and the rexes just chomp them, then spread again as Ceros tank the Dragon.)

-Alpha Overseer:

+9 Rexes 25k hp 800+% melee 120 saddles

+1 Yuti 30k hp 6k stam 89 saddle

+1 Piggy 120k food 74 saddle

+10 Pump shotgun 250+% 300 bullets per person

+enduro stews

(Piggy on follow with the yuti, lowest setting or might get into lava. He is on no-passive healing and will only heal at the end of tek cave and before boss fight to get fresh rexes. Use Rexes to chomp when he turn up his shield to get some damage in before he stuns and dismounts you, then shotgun him when he is on the run. When in boss form, melt him as fast as possible with rexes.) 

Alpha Manticore:

+10 Lightning wyverns with 15k hp 2k stam 500+% melee

(Watch your stamina and torpor)

Alpha Rockwell:

+ 10 Rock Drakes 15-20k hp 90 saddles

+ 2 High Range light pet

+ 10 Pump Shotgun 250+% 700 bullets per person

(Split in two teams of 5, shoot tentacles from the front of the boss and try to get the others tentacles without going too far. 1 Lightpet holder in each team face tank Reapers, they are easily killed with shotguns once lit, they cannot use R to reload or they will throw their pet. 1 in each team focuses on the boss' projectiles.)

Works so far. 

All dinos are personally 100% imprinted by the rider when there is one. Always mate boosted when more than 2.

The amount of ammo is set so that we have some to spare in case one of us dies due to a disconnection and we can't fetch his stuff. 

51 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

I don't really know about gamma and beta, however, I run weekly or monthly alphas runs on officials and here is my set up:

-Alpha Broodmother:

+14 Rexes 25k hp 800% melee 120 saddles

-Alpha Megapithecus:

+18 Rexes 25k hp 800% melee 120 saddles

Both are done solo with only one Yuri rider

-Alpha Dragon:

+1 Megaceros 18k hp 92 saddle

+3 Rexes 25k hp 800% melee 120 saddles

+4 Pump shotgun 250+% 500 bullets per person

+Few sets of decent flak

+Enduro stews and medical brews

(Rare flowers on the megaceros, 10 cakes. Rexes stay away from Dragon and just shoot. When spawn comes, the Ceros hide in the middle and due to rare flower, dimo and ptera will fly low and the rexes just chomp them, then spread again as Ceros tank the Dragon.)

-Alpha Overseer:

+9 Rexes 25k hp 800+% melee 120 saddles

+1 Yuti 30k hp 6k stam 89 saddle

+1 Piggy 120k food 74 saddle

+10 Pump shotgun 250+% 300 bullets pet person

+enduro stews

(Piggy on follow with the yuti, lowest setting or might get into lava. He is on no-passive healing and will only heal at the end of tek cave and before boss fight to get fresh rexes. Use Rexes to chomp when he turn up his shield to get some damage in before he stuns and dismounts you, then shotgun him when he is on the run. When in boss form, melt him as fast as possible with rexes.) 

Alpha Manticore:

+10 Lightning wyverns with 15k hp 2k stam 500+% melee

(Watch your stamina and torpor)

Alpha Rockwell:

+ 10 Rock Drakes 15-20k hp 90 saddles

+ 2 High Range light pet

+ 10 Pump Shotgun 250+% 700 bullets per person

(Split in two teams of 5, shoot tentacles from the front of the boss and try to get the others tentacles without going too far. 1 Lightpet holder in each team face tank Reapers, they are easily killed with shotguns once lit, they cannot use R to reload or they will throw their pet. 1 in each team focuses on the boss' projectiles.)

Works so far. 

All dinos are personally 100% imprinted by the rider when there is one. Always mate boosted when more than 2.

Wow, this is amazing, thank you! Do you do these runs solo or with a team?

5 hours ago, Lancelot said:

It probably would. You would need good saddles 80+ with 20k health and riding a Yuty.

Cool, thanks! I'll add it :)

19 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

As I said, alpha spider and monkey are done solo. The rest is with a team of 4 to 10 people.

My bad! Away for the weekend and only skimmed the post when back at the hotel for a quick stop - totally missed the "shotgun" specifications :$ Do you believe the team fights can be done solo or is a team needed?

9 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Dragon will hopefully be solo-able in the next update! :)

You mean they aren't currently, even with the suggested 19 Theri + 1 Yuty army? And which updated dino do you have in mind? :)

10 minutes ago, Zahlea said:

Cool, thanks! I'll add it :)

My bad! Away for the weekend and only skimmed the post when back at the hotel for a quick stop - totally missed the "shotgun" specifications :$ Do you believe the team fights can be done solo or is a team needed?

You mean they aren't currently, even with the suggested 19 Theri + 1 Yuty army? And which updated dino do you have in mind? :)

Not with the available dinos on the new PvE officials market at least. That's why we had to use shotguns. The ammo might not seem expensive, but the volume needed to clear alphas makes the price quite steep. If I could chose, I would go with dinos only all the time. Legacy might have good enough theris.

Also, we could bring 19 rexes everytime, but we noticed, the brood mother is actually easier with 15 than with 19, 18, 17, 16 or 14... Why? I think it's because of boss scaling with number of rexes? But I might be wrong or it might be because of luck.

He is refering to the TLC dino pass: "- Dragon's Fire Breath direct impact damage reduced by 50%"

On 2018-01-28 at 10:24 PM, Paroxyde said:

Little update, we just did alpha Rockwell again with only 4 people with the same set up, just 6 less Drake and 6 less shotguns. 

We tried with 5 for only 1 team, but one of us crashed and died after the first tentacle phase... 

Just to make sure I get it right - was this your setup?

Alpha Rockwell:
+ 4 Rock Drakes 15-20k hp 90 saddles
+ 1 High Range light pet
+ 4 Pump Shotgun 250+% 700 bullets per person

You didn't need to bring unridden animals then?

15 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Just to make sure I get it right - was this your setup?

Alpha Rockwell:
+ 4 Rock Drakes 15-20k hp 90 saddles
+ 1 High Range light pet
+ 4 Pump Shotgun 250+% 700 bullets per person

You didn't need to bring unridden animals then?

+4 High Range Light pet

When you split you have less nameless and reaper per group, with only one group, everything comes to you. Not efficient with a light bearer, so you just bring one each and handle yourself. A few shots and reapers die pretty fast.

No unridden animals.

A video of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI2MO7oj3Nk

Sorry for all the swearing and my horrible accent.

1 hour ago, rororoxor said:

And are some bosses simply unbeatable solo? What about rockwell? Couldn't we send a herd of spinos to each tentacle or something?

>.> you have 30 min, just placing the spinos will use easily 5-10 min, if you don't render the spino, they won't attack the tentacle, that means you watch a pack kill some tentacles then you have to go to the other side to rendre the spinos over there to kill the other side's tentacle. They can also easily be moved around by nameless and reapers as the tentacle will push them away and even stun them, making some tentacles unspinoed and then you have to move yourself to kill them. Making you die from timer long before you can even reach last quater of rockwell's health. Only way to solo it that I know of would be you finding a pump shotgun with 500+% damage and a VERY tanky rock drake as you won't be able to shoot the boss' ball attack, maybe only the deep red ones that seems to hurt much more. And doing it before the server restarts or your shotgun will go back to their cropping value, I believe it's 290% but I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, Paroxyde said:

>.> you have 30 min, just placing the spinos will use easily 5-10 min, if you don't render the spino, they won't attack the tentacle, that means you watch a pack kill some tentacles then you have to go to the other side to rendre the spinos over there to kill the other side's tentacle. They can also easily be moved around by nameless and reapers as the tentacle will push them away and even stun them, making some tentacles unspinoed and then you have to move yourself to kill them. Making you die from timer long before you can even reach last quater of rockwell's health. Only way to solo it that I know of would be you finding a pump shotgun with 500+% damage and a VERY tanky rock drake as you won't be able to shoot the boss' ball attack, maybe only the deep red ones that seems to hurt much more. And doing it before the server restarts or your shotgun will go back to their cropping value, I believe it's 290% but I'm not sure.

Ok...then couldn't we place the spinos near the heart and shoot the tentacles ourselves? There has to be some way to solo it

Archived