Boss Dino Recommendations

Zahlea

Reading a thread by DJRone89, I loved the great feedback. I'm always looking to find recommendations for dinos to take on bosses. So - I thought I'd try to collect some recommendations into one thread for easier lookup. Stealing Cran3s' answer, I'm starting my list. Please do come with your own suggestions, and with sufficient support, I will edit them into this post.

What is needed is: Dino type and for each dino type: number of dinos of this type, minimum health, minimum melee and minimum recommended armour on the saddle.

NOTE: Obviously, how well you handle your dinos plays a huge part in this, so have that in mind when going for the bosses - maybe even look at videos of others taking on the bosses to know what to do. This is meant to be a ballpark figure of what to aim at before attempting the bosses and scaled for a solo player - more players means more leeway for errors or lower stats.

The Island

Broodmother Lysrix - Gamma

Spoiler

Tips for whistling

19 Rex; Saddle 90, 25k hp, 600% melee
1 Yuty; Saddle 100, 25khp [Ridden]

or

19 Megatheriums; Saddle 90, 18k hp, 600% melee
1 Yuty; any saddle, any stats [Ridden]

or

19 Theri; Saddle ?, hp 21k (no more, no less), 600%
1 Yuty; Any saddle, any stats [Ridden]
(One Theri can be replaced with a Daeodon with high hp)

Broodmother Lysrix - Beta

Spoiler

Tips for whistling

or

or

Broodmother Lysrix - Alpha

Spoiler

Tips for whistling

14 Rex; Saddle 120, 25k hp, 800% melee

or

or

Megapithecus - Gamma

Spoiler

or

Megapithecus - Beta

Spoiler

or

Megapithecus - Alpha

Spoiler

Strategy tips
18 Rex; Saddle 120, 25k hp, 800% melee

or

Dragon - Gamma

Spoiler

1 Yuty; Any saddle, any stats, [Ridden]

Dragon - Beta

Spoiler

Thread disucssing tactics

Dragon - Alpha

Spoiler

Thread discussing tactics

NOTE: Has only been tried with 2 people so far (but please let me know if you've managed it solo)!

Overseer

Strategy tips

Spoiler

[NOTE: This is for 10 ppl]
+9 Rex 25k hp 800+% melee 120 saddles [All ridden]
+1 Yuty 30k hp 6k stam 89 saddle
+1 Daeodon 120k food 74 saddle
+10 Pump shotgun 250+% 300 bullets per person

The Center

Broodmother Lysrix & Megapithecus - Gamma

Spoiler

Broodmother Lysrix & Megapithecus - Beta

Spoiler

Broodmother Lysrix & Megapithecus - Alpha

Spoiler

Scorched Earth

Manticore - Gamma

Spoiler

Manticore - Beta

Spoiler

Manticore - Alpha

Spoiler

Ragnarok

Manticore & Dragon - Gamma

Spoiler

Manticore & Dragon - Beta

Spoiler

Manticore & Dragon - Alpha

Spoiler

Aberration

Rockwell - Gamma

Spoiler

-

Rockwell - Beta

Spoiler

-

Rockwell - Alpha

Spoiler

Strategy tips
[NOTE: This is for 10 people]
10 Rock Drakes, Saddle 90, hp 15-20k [All ridden]
2 High Range light pet
10 Pump Shotgun 250+% 700 bullets per person

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

For Every boss, every difficulty mode except aberration: 18 tickle chickens with 21k hp(exactly) and the rest in melee filled with cakes + 1 yuty + 1 daeodon.

If they dont work for you - learn how to control them better with whistles, or they just need more melee.

Nice, thanks! What would you say is the minimum melee before attempting the bosses? And should they not exceed 21khp? What would you say the yuty and daeodon should have as minimum stats?

1 hour ago, Zahlea said:

And should they not exceed 21khp?

reason for 21hp exactly is to maximize healing from cakes (absolute numbers). It helps when fighting Dragon. If you have less - then boss' normal attacks will do more damage (in terms of % of max HP) and that means you will be able to sustain less, if you have more than 21k hp then Dragon's fire breath will greatly outpace your (now) less efficient healing which means less sustain as well. 21k exactly is a sweet spot for Theriz.

Yuty can be even tamed one as it shouldnt engage in direct melee (but you can do so for extra dps if it is bred and imprinted and you keep your Theriz buffs up).

Healpig will need as much in food stat as possible and follow your Yuty to, again, mitigate Dragon's Fire Breath damage (Dragon is more likely to aggro on Yuty if you constantly roar).

In case of 2 players - one can ride Daeodon and keep Therizinos topped up on HP as well. If you have more players - either ride chickens (except versus The Center monkey) or stay at distance and shoot w/e weapons you have for extra dps.

As for melee requirement: @invincibleqc @Olivar can provide way more details. Or you can browse this thread for information.

18 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Small addendum to what @DarthaNyan wrote : We (as in my tribe) never use healing piggies when going in with tickle chickens for any boss/difficulty. We rely purely on the veggie cakes to do the healing. But it's definitely a viable alternative on the Chicken Army of Doom™ tactic to increase your survivability.

Your (as in your tribe's) "Chicken Army of Doom™" has been bred and mutation stacked for many generations. But then it is a choice of extra sustain or extra DPS from 1 more chicken.

Anyway these kinds of threads are kinda pointless imo - one may bring dinos listed in guides and fail miserably if they dont know how to properly control them in each and every encounter (aggro management, positioning etc.).

1 hour ago, Zahlea said:

Reading a thread by DJRone89, I loved the great feedback. I'm always looking to find recommendations for dinos to take on bosses. So - I thought I'd try to collect some recommendations into one thread for easier lookup. Stealing Cran3s' answer, I'm starting my list. Please do come with your own suggestions, and with sufficient support, I will edit them into this post.

What is needed is: Dino type and for each dino type: number of dinos of this type, minimum health, minimum melee and minimum recommended armour on the saddle.

The Island

Broodmother Lysrix - Gamma

Reveal hidden contents

1 Yuty; Saddle 100, 25khp,

Broodmother Lysrix - Beta

Reveal hidden contents

Broodmother Lysrix - Alpha

Hide contents

19 Rex; Saddle 90, 30k hp, 700% melee

Dragon - Gamma

Reveal hidden contents

-

Dragon - Beta

Reveal hidden contents

-

Dragon - Alpha

Hide contents

-

Megapithecus - Gamma

Reveal hidden contents

Megapithecus - Beta

Reveal hidden contents

Megapithecus - Alpha

Reveal hidden contents

-

The Center

Broodmother Lysrix & Megapithecus - Gamma

Reveal hidden contents

-

Broodmother Lysrix & Megapithecus - Beta

Reveal hidden contents

-

Broodmother Lysrix & Megapithecus - Alpha

Reveal hidden contents

-

Scorched Earth

Manticore - Gamma

Reveal hidden contents

-

Manticore - Beta

Reveal hidden contents

-

Manticore - Alpha

Reveal hidden contents

-

Ragnarok

Manticore & Dragon - Gamma

Reveal hidden contents

-

Manticore & Dragon - Beta

Reveal hidden contents

-

Manticore & Dragon - Alpha

Reveal hidden contents

-

Aberration

Rockwell - Gamma

Reveal hidden contents

-

Rockwell - Beta

Reveal hidden contents

-

Rockwell - Alpha

Reveal hidden contents

-

Broodmother Hard

7-8 Megatheriums with 17k+ health and 400+ melee. Average journeyman saddles (50 armor).

1 Yuttrannus with any stats and saddle.

Megapethicus Hard

19 rexes with 30k health, 600 melee and 120+ ascendent armor saddles.

1 yuttrannus with any stats and saddle.

Thank you guys! :D 

5 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

Anyway these kinds of threads are kinda pointless imo - one may bring dinos listed in guides and fail miserably if they dont know how to properly control them in each and every encounter (aggro management, positioning etc.).

You are very right, ofc. I'll add a note about it. What I'm looking for is a good place to start for someone who has no idea :) I added your recommendations. Since they are the same for all bosses: if you know what lower point would work for easier bosses, I'd gladly accept that suggestion!

1 hour ago, Zahlea said:

Thanks, that's very nice of you :) I really hope this can grow into something useful. Either way, it's already useful to me personally so win! :P 

Its great to see, would make it easier for folk to find this stuff out :D Reckon you could add ascension stuff or would that be too much for another topic ? 

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

Add me to the list of folks who would like to see this (and topics like these) pinned in some way or another for newer folks. 

Yeah other useful topics like this being pinned would be great.

7 hours ago, cattafett said:

just a thought if you can use the sloth for the brood mummy what about on the center?

Brood on The Center does 1/3rd amount of damage and receives 3x amount of damage to and from all sources, so it is paper thin and is no threat.

Monkey in that fight is a main dish: it is a bit outdated and thus can hit riders with its boulder throw (one shot) which makes it harder than current TheIsland one.

Edit: technically you could use megatheriums if you manage to not kill Brood too fast and use her spiderlings for buffs to melt Monkey. Still too much hassle imo and way too many things can/will go wrong while you try to setup.

13 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Its great to see, would make it easier for folk to find this stuff out :D Reckon you could add ascension stuff or would that be too much for another topic ? 

Yeah other useful topics like this being pinned would be great.

You mean the Overseer? (Haven't ascended myself yet, so I need to ask :P) I could definitely add that! I put everything in spoiler tags just so that it'd be easy for people to see just the parts they want to see and not get unnecessarily spoiled :) 

2 hours ago, Zahlea said:

You mean the Overseer? (Haven't ascended myself yet, so I need to ask :P) I could definitely add that! I put everything in spoiler tags just so that it'd be easy for people to see just the parts they want to see and not get unnecessarily spoiled :) 

Yeah I ment the overseer and tek cave :D I havent done that either lol

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎24 at 5:32 AM, TracerBee said:

Broodmother Hard

7-8 Megatheriums with 17k+ health and 400+ melee. Average journeyman saddles (50 armor).

1 Yuttrannus with any stats and saddle.

Megapethicus Hard

19 rexes with 30k health, 600 melee and 120+ ascendent armor saddles.

1 yuttrannus with any stats and saddle.

I guess all your megatheriums are ridden for that? How long does it take you to clear it? It seems inneficient to only bring 7-8 when you can bring 19.

49 minutes ago, gerrynaples said:

I understood that it is not convenient increase HP in therizinous in dragon boss fight...but can i increase melee??????

Yes. General idea is 21k health and every point left into melee, 600% is the minimum.

On 24/01/2018 at 9:44 AM, Olivar said:

Small addendum to what @DarthaNyan wrote : We (as in my tribe) never use healing piggies when going in with tickle chickens for any boss/difficulty. We rely purely on the veggie cakes to do the healing. But it's definitely a viable alternative on the Chicken Army of Doom™ tactic to increase your survivability.

I agree with the lack of piggies when using theros, olivar is kinda the thero expert, but basically, veggie cakes heal 10% of the max hp UP TO 2100hp every 30 seconds, so never exceed 21k. IMO using a pig makes the theros eat cakes less often thus making them less effective.

10 hours ago, doken said:

Can you really kill the Alpha Dragon with those 19theri and 1 yuty?

Yes (there is a 12+ page thread debating this lol)and its all down to cakes.

To save olivar explaining in full later on here as somebody is going to ask.

The damage from dragon comes mainly from the fire breath/lava, which does a flat 10% of your tames max health. At 21k hp, 1 cake heals this every 30 seconds, basically doubling the survival time of the entire Chicken army of doom and in a perfect situation results in almost no hp loss from the entire fight, my best is 3k loss max, worst was one thero down to 8k, the difference is due to good/bad control of your tickle chickens, my best hp loss i consider to be a perfect run, not 1 screw up, bug or miss key.

Somebody needs to put right at the top.

Try to remain calm, if something goes wrong dont panic, stay on task, its not over till the timer hits 0.

1 hour ago, Lancelot said:

I guess all your megatheriums are ridden for that? How long does it take you to clear it? It seems inneficient to only bring 7-8 when you can bring 19.

All are ridden. You can ofcourse bring 19 but many will die due to not being able to get that insect buff by killing those adds.

Takes around 4-5 minutes i guess, but the best thing about using megatheriums is that, they are easy to transport, easy to heal and don't loose that much health. Easy 74 element. Only downside is you need players online.

1 hour ago, Saupe said:

IMO using a pig makes the theros eat cakes less often thus making them less effective.

I consider pigs complement cakes nicely instead of going in the way of healing because sometimes dragon does his breath multiple times per landing plus his hits are no joke either. Better safe than sorry.

Archived