Everybody's going crazy with reaper pregnancies and rock drakes

DeweyDecimal

3 minutes ago, DeweyDecimal said:

Me, on the other hand, I'm just taming every stego I see. 

I think stegos and ankys are the best looking aberrant reskins. Opinion probably not influenced by them being my favorite dinos. 

Stegos and ankys do look amazing. I've also seen some really cool arthropleuras despite how much I hate them

And I'm over here in my corner with the beginnings of a spino army and all the featherlights I can get my hands on, lol. I have one rock drake and plan to get only maybe 2-3 more as backups/utility, or if I happen across a high level egg worth hatching. Might get a reaper just to have it, but I'll probably settle for helping my tribemate get one instead since he's a huge Alien fan.

No idea about the Reapers but we farm and hatch drake eggs as they are the BEST scouting mount in the game IMO.  Gliding, boost launch to speed travel (even up hill) and the camo are all great little features to get around the map and explore in relative safety... and as the eggs spawn at random levels it can take some time to harvest enough to get the levels you actually fancy. 

Not only that but without proper breeding the stats allocations are pot luck and you might have multiple 190's before you get the stats you want without being able to breed them together.  I recently installed S+ mod on our unofficial server and the Tek Mutator tool apparently allows un-breedable dinos to breed - something for me to try out this evening.

Reaper is good for raiding and for defending a base. The knock back is extremely useful.

The rock drake is _the_ mobility mount on Aberration. It's the fastest way to get from point A to point B, by far. The rock drake is pretty much useless on any other map as it is very weak compared to a wyvern and can "only" glide and climb.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2018 at 6:34 PM, Thorium said:

The rock drake is _the_ mobility mount on Aberration. It's the fastest way to get from point A to point B, by far. The rock drake is pretty much useless on any other map as it is very weak compared to a wyvern and can "only" glide and climb.

Rock drake is kinda useful on center map due to multiple high cliffs, not to mention you can hop on water and glide across  ocean. I mainly use it for transporting meat of giga atm.

In addition... they are amazing at vocano cave... its thyla ++

I plan to get a rock drake army. Once they have finally fixed the raptoring drake nests...

They're so easy to raise. Gonna keep some and sell some on island. 

Island terrain is pretty flat compared to Aberration. On Ab I love to climb up and glide all the way from waterfall at biolum to fertile lake or cave lake. On Island I live at south coast where it's flat. Plan to build a high tower where I store a drake. Jump off and glide all the way to Redwood or... well I'll see how far I can get. Wonder if you can glide from the top of the western snow mountain to south coast.

Also I want a featherlight swarm of death. Just like the dimorphodon swarm of death. Nooblets made a video on it and it worked pretty good. He had a lot though. Dimorphodons might be better for that purpose but I love featherlights.

• 2 weeks later...

In the future I might try to raise one or a few Reaper Kings for Boss Runs (preferably those which can almost match the 28-30k Rex HP with 500% DMG) in Island. (They can be brought into Boss Battle, but I will only use them for Megapithecus and Broodmother; will still stick to the same tactics for Dragon)

For now though, We got a ton of Drakes up and on standby, and I have been getting more 170+ eggs to hatch whenever we are dwindling on its population within the tribe.

Also looking towards trying to tame another basilisk. Funny how it beats every other dino in weight aside from Titanosaur, but I ain't complaining.

Archived