The plight of the Aberration Raptor

Migol

Since the general stats are "high melee, low health"...these poor guys have been competing hard for the Darwin awards.

A raptor sees a Trike: "Oh Food!"...Trike kills it

A raptor sees a Stego: "Oh Food!"...Stego kills it.

A raptor sees a Sheep: "Oh Food!"...both it and the sheep are killed by a pack of ravagers/titanboas/pick your poison.

2 hours ago, Brakus said:

That may apply to single raptors, but then there's the moment where you see one raptor, and say hey I can kill that, and 8 more raptors come running out of the bushes.  Never seen such packs of raptors then I have in parts of abberation.

I hope tlc gives them a pack boost or an attack that lets them pounce and immobilize things like the thyla does.

And fix their aggro so they attack prey and not large dinos if they would be clearly outmatched.

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

I hope tlc gives them a pack boost or an attack that lets them pounce and immobilize things like the thyla does.

And fix their aggro so they attack prey and not large dinos if they would be clearly outmatched.

That's what ravagers are for, we don't need raptors to be as strong as ravagers.

True, anyway wasn't saying that single raptors aren't week, but the way they swarm can easily take you or a weaker mount out.  A minor boost or pack bonus might be ok, but anything else would be way overpowered with how many there are.  In some areas I have seen as many as 10+ killing stuff like crazy.  Their strength in the wild is in numbers and speed.  And for changing them to not attack stronger dinos, then they would be even more overpopulated until someone with a high level dino could start taking them out.  They would just keep spawning as other stuff gets killed.  Probably does depend on the server settings too.  One I play on max level is about 169, and a high level raptor can kill most lower level herbivores. 

3 minutes ago, Brakus said:

True, anyway wasn't saying that single raptors aren't week, but the way they swarm can easily take you or a weaker mount out.  A minor boost or pack bonus might be ok, but anything else would be way overpowered with how many there are.  In some areas I have seen as many as 10+ killing stuff like crazy.  Their strength in the wild is in numbers and speed.  And for changing them to not attack stronger dinos, then they would be even more overpopulated until someone with a high level dino could start taking them out.  They would just keep spawning as other stuff gets killed.  Probably does depend on the server settings too.  One I play on max level is about 169, and a high level raptor can kill most lower level herbivores. 

I dont know man, I seem to see way more spinos and even more dangerous things in the same areas, in greater numbers than the raptors. Them not dying ensures something nastier doesnt spawn... At some point raptors become trivial

Archived