Unridden Megalosaurus

Willard18

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MirageUK said:

Our tribe of 4 (3 regulars) do each have a Reaper King - all base 225 but not sure if they will be allowed in boss arena?

We are way off the boss at the moment anyway as still have 2 caves to complete but always good to start preparations early, especially if breeding/imprinting is going to be needed.

All you need to kill boss on Abberation is rock drake + good weapons. U dont need anything else there. 

On 2/7/2018 at 7:06 PM, Willard18 said:

All you need to kill boss on Abberation is rock drake + good weapons. U dont need anything else there. 

I highly disagree with this statement. If your tactics are what I think I know about, that won't work anymore; Rockwell's projectile will home in after camouflaged Rock Drakes.

Other dinos like Spinosaur (and others) are useful if you need them to attack the heart of Rockwell while the rest of you deal with both his tentacles and his summoned creatures.

Light pets are also useful to debuff Reaper Kings present in there.

On 2/7/2018 at 5:23 PM, MirageUK said:

Our tribe of 4 (3 regulars) do each have a Reaper King - all base 225 but not sure if they will be allowed in boss arena?

We are way off the boss at the moment anyway as still have 2 caves to complete but always good to start preparations early, especially if breeding/imprinting is going to be needed.

Yes, you can bring Reaper Kings inside. Just make sure you are prepared to lose them  in case things goes south.

3 hours ago, Vaculity said:

I highly disagree with this statement. If your tactics are what I think I know about, that won't work anymore; Rockwell's projectile will home in after camouflaged Rock Drakes.

Other dinos like Spinosaur (and others) are useful if you need them to attack the heart of Rockwell while the rest of you deal with both his tentacles and his summoned creatures.

Light pets are also useful to debuff Reaper Kings present in there.

Yes, you can bring Reaper Kings inside. Just make sure you are prepared to lose them  in case things goes south.

You can do it even with projectiles aiming your dragon. Shoot tentacle --> shoot projectiles --> move to another tentacle --> shoot projectiles. Already did beta this way in a group of 6 people. 

33 minutes ago, Willard18 said:

You can do it even with projectiles aiming your dragon. Shoot tentacle --> shoot projectiles --> move to another tentacle --> shoot projectiles. Already did beta this way in a group of 6 people. 

Then here's something I want to ask:
-What about if you are surrounded by reaper kings? While I am aware Drakes can jump, I meant in a position where reapers are literally surrounded with their heads blocking the jump, and with no charge light pet to kill them properly as it is.
-What if you ran out of stamina and either the above happens, and/or there are a lot of projectiles already close to you before you could shoot?

45 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Then here's something I want to ask:
-What about if you are surrounded by reaper kings? While I am aware Drakes can jump, I meant in a position where reapers are literally surrounded with their heads blocking the jump, and with no charge light pet to kill them properly as it is.
-What if you ran out of stamina and either the above happens, and/or there are a lot of projectiles already close to you before you could shoot?

Reapers / Nameless dont aggro you becase you are in camouflage all the time. You need to do 3 things:

1) Don´t get hit by a tentacle electricity - u are dead if u mess up because everything will aggro on u. 

2) Shoot down balls which are chasing you - u can get hit sometimes but it destroys your armor pretty quick (make sure u got some extra sets of armor with u). Shoot them with pistol/assault - any dmg will kill them. 

3) Take care of your drakes stamina - in case u have low, just jump on top of one of these pillars in boss arena and regain it. 

It´s not as easy as it seems but it is certainly a way how to kill a boss expecially if u have a lot of people in tribe/alliance. And 1 more thing - u need really good weapons (esp. shotguns)

Cmon fix it. It's a shame this bug has been here since Megalos came out. People reported this issue in 2\2017. They are usable as boss killers only at night, they have better single target dps than rexes but smaller aoe damage. U also cant stuck boss with them so if you roar with your yuty, u have to deal with hoss aggro. Please let us finally use them as boss killers, players need more variety in this Rex meta. Otherwise they are totally useless. It really cant be so hard to fix.

I've noticed that if you are close enough to them, they do full damage even when unridden. You practically have to be right on top of them , and I don't think you can pull it off if you are on a spino because you can't get your character close enough. But, I have seen full damage numbers doing this riding around with 3 megas. When you are all stacked in a super tight pile, the speed at which they shred things is insane.

This also works if you are ever off mount as well. If you are a few feet away it's damage goes down, but if you are right up on it the damage seems to match what it would be if it was ridden.

On 23. 2. 2018 at 10:56 AM, Sorca said:

They buff up Spinos. Thats a solution. Now choose the Megalosaurus that wants to grab the boss and waste some damage but moves much better or choose the massive Spino that should get a movement change as well. 

BTW I never played Aberration. If you bring Rex eggs over you can do the boss with Rexes?

How does replacing Megalosaurus with Rexes/Spinos solve Megalo´s bug? 

On 2/23/2018 at 5:56 PM, Sorca said:

They buff up Spinos. Thats a solution. Now choose the Megalosaurus that wants to grab the boss and waste some damage but moves much better or choose the massive Spino that should get a movement change as well. 

BTW I never played Aberration. If you bring Rex eggs over you can do the boss with Rexes?

First Bold: How does that even help with the bug issues regarding it grabbing? It does about more damage as that of Rex

Second Bold: You cannot transfer said dino or its egg into aberration server. Even if you do, its not like any other bosses where you can just chew at any opportunity. They will die before they get the chance to deal with the bosses. (There are a lot trickery in the arena)

2 hours ago, Willard18 said:

Another patch notes, no love for Megalos :D 

Are you still functioning on the assumption that megalos are bugged? You keep asking for fixes and getting bummed when they don't come. As you said a few posts back, they've been like this since they were released. Have you considered that Megas might just be working as intended?

2 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Are you still functioning on the assumption that megalos are bugged? You keep asking for fixes and getting bummed when they don't come. As you said a few posts back, they've been like this since they were released. Have you considered that Megas might just be working as intended?

If it is intended it is a total BS move on devs part. Wild megalos do not prefer their grab attack on foes that are too big to grab. They use their primary attack instead. So the devs want them to suddenly lose intelligence upon being tamed? Does the taming process give them brain worms? Hmmmm...

It's like the ravagers suddenly being unable to gnash targets after taming. Frankly, it's ridiculous they are dumber and weaker then their wild counterparts.

37 minutes ago, ZyraSeedling said:

If it is intended it is a total BS move on devs part. Wild megalos do not prefer their grab attack on foes that are too big to grab. They use their primary attack instead. So the devs want them to suddenly lose intelligence upon being tamed? Does the taming process give them brain worms? Hmmmm...

It's like the ravagers suddenly being unable to gnash targets after taming. Frankly, it's ridiculous they are dumber and weaker then their wild counterparts.

I don't really want to get into the debate over whether Wildcard's vision for the megalo is or isn't BS. I could argue both ways, but if they are working as intended maybe requests for a Megalo tuning pass in the TLC Feedback might be more effective. It's worked with multiple other dinos. Worked out great for the sarcos and raptors.

7 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Ehmm, they are trying to grab targets which are 200% bigger than them. Do u really think it is intended? Do you find any logic in it? 

40 minutes ago, Willard18 said:

If yout think it´s intented then show me some logic behind that ;) U know why nobody cared for Megalos until Aberration? Because noone tried to use them as boss killers. Nobody even cared about them. 

I can't show you the logic behind a decision I didn't make and can't confirm. Are you asking me to describe to you the logic which led me to wonder if they are working as intended? 

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

I can't show you the logic behind a decision I didn't make and can't confirm. Are you asking me to describe to you the logic which led me to wonder if they are working as intended? 

Not to debate whether or not it is working as intended, but if it is intended to be that way, then wild card must have wanted megalos to be kibble Dinos and nothing more.  No other Dino has ever been as situational useful as a megalo:  only useful for half of the day and only if ridden. 

Edit an easy fix would be to adjust the damage to the alternate attack so that if the target can't be picked up it takes the same damage as the primary attack. 

Archived