Unridden Megalosaurus

Willard18

Well since we have no Rexes on Aberration its finally time to fix unridden Megalosaurus guys. My 850% melee dmg unridden Megalos do totally negligible (like raptor lvl 100 level) dps - ye they prefer their grab attack even against bosses / reapers etc. :( How hard can this fix be? It´s really crucial on Aberration. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be.
The Megalosaurus should have a sanity check if it can actually grab the creature it tries to attack.
If that fails, make no further attempts of trying to grab it - and attack it regularly.

*SARCASM* Uhmm.. no that requires some simple coding from the devs... let's keep it that way and hope players won't notice!!! *SARCASM*

21 hours ago, RoyHess666 said:

There is MODs that allow any creature that was not breedable before to enable/change gender and/or breed. I might add that to my servers D:

Was it even patched for Karkinos and Basilisk? I know Rock Drake, but I don't ever recall the former 2 having any baby forms seeing as though they can't be bred with no data about it.

21 hours ago, Vaculity said:

It needs data for 'breeding' to even exist, esp. if it comes from a mod. It'll just crash the client/server with the error not finding baby if a breeding was attempted without a 'placeholder'.

s+ mutator allows breeding of basilisks, reapers and karkinos. I have bred all three. So either orionsun is a genius (distinct possibility) or you are misinformed about what it takes to crash a server.

19 hours ago, Saupe said:

So either orionsun is a genius (distinct possibility) or you are misinformed about what it takes to crash a server.

Hey now... I like orionsun, but genius is going too far.

His solution to this problem was quite simple: there really were no "baby" forms for those animals, so he made it so they are "born" as adults. If you breed those guys with the S+ mutator they will pop out of their momma fully grown (that must hurt)

So, yes, with S+ you can breed anything. In fact "breeding the unbreedables" (some of them) is even more OP, as you don't need to even wait for them to grow.

We have had mixed results from the un-ridden Megas - it would seem if you are within range and also on a Mega the un-ridden will attempt their "Pick" attack - guess in a sorta cat bringing a dead bird/mouse as a gift to its owner.

Out of range or mounted on something else with the un-ridden on Aggressive they seem to use their main attack most, if not all of the time.

I will try more experimenting next weekend as I have a build project on at the moment but if that's the case it might be a case of bodyguard Megas backing up main mounted Drake/Spino.

24 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

We have had mixed results from the un-ridden Megas - it would seem if you are within range and also on a Mega the un-ridden will attempt their "Pick" attack - guess in a sorta cat bringing a dead bird/mouse as a gift to its owner.

Out of range or mounted on something else with the un-ridden on Aggressive they seem to use their main attack most, if not all of the time.

I will try more experimenting next weekend as I have a build project on at the moment but if that's the case it might be a case of bodyguard Megas backing up main mounted Drake/Spino.

If it is how u say then it would be possible to use them as boss killers after all. Player sitting on Yuty+19 megas on agressive should work. I will try to test it.

Tribe mate just updated me to say he thinks it has to do with following.  He had some megas our with him whilst he was on his Reaper King last night and he recons the pattern seemed to be that they would use full attack when not following but hit and miss grab attack when set to follow.

He was using a "unfollow, attack my target, follow" command chain.

I will update when we have done more science this evening.

I was trying passive/neutral/attack my target/agressive, its all the same, with following/unfollow, nothing matters. It seems totally random to me. I don´t have any constant results. Sometimes they try to grab bigger dino, then they realize they can´t catch him so they start doing their primary attack. Sometimes they start attacking with their primary attack and switch to grab. It´s nonsense. 

Edit: Good thing is it doesn´t matter if u are riding another megalo/rock drake/spino. 

On 5. 2. 2018 at 3:19 PM, MirageUK said:

Tribe mate just updated me to say he thinks it has to do with following.  He had some megas our with him whilst he was on his Reaper King last night and he recons the pattern seemed to be that they would use full attack when not following but hit and miss grab attack when set to follow.

He was using a "unfollow, attack my target, follow" command chain.

I will update when we have done more science this evening.

Did u find anything relevant? 

2 hours ago, ColdRansom said:

Unfortunately, I don't have much to add the discussion, but I'll bump because I've noticed the issue as well. However, I would highly suggest a nice Spino line for aberration tribes as well. With the upcoming TLC, I expect Spinos to shred ^-^

Well spinos can shred but they are still increadibly huge and buggy. I like agile creatures like Megas a lot more. 

Archived