Good post-tame (Rex) stats for breeding?

Demigod

we’re gearing up for bosses. finding rexes that we can start breeding to get a good lineage. what i’m wondering is, at what point do you look at a fresh tame’s stats and say “okay THIS ONE is the one we are breeding for health/melee/etc”

our highest melee post-tame is 366.9 and the most recent rex i tamed has a health of 11.8k. are these good stats to start breeding or should i look for higher ones? i know that the 11.8k health rex will be hard to replace but i’m not sure about our highest melee stats.

any advice? do you typically breed only 400% and up or is 366 a good starting point? sorry for the questions, i’m trying to get this breeding thing down pat.

5 minutes ago, isu said:

Use program ARK Smart breeding, it can calculate stats of wild, tamed or breeded dinos + you can have database of your current dinos.

Stats over 40+ are decent, 50+ very good. :)

this did not answer my question. at all. but thanks anyways.

so other than recommending programs for me to download, can someone tell me what a good melee or health post-tame stat is for rexes, or if mine are good to start breeding.

to clarify, this is without mutations. i do not plan on having a final breeding line with only 12k health. i just want to know if my stats are good enough to start trying to get mutations or if i would be better off looking in the wild for another rex with a higher health or melee.

It's a good start for sure, depending on what boss(es) you're wanting to fight. I can safely say though if your Rex's are being born with those stats(before levelling) that you've got some real good ones there. On the Island, once trained with MC or Asc Saddles, they should be able to take the Broodmother and Gigantopithecus on Hard, and the Dragon on Medium perhaps. 

Mine were popping(Being born from egg) at about 8k Health and 319% Melee. Once trained they were all close to 30k Health and 400-450% melee and that was enough to do the Monkey on Hard and the Broodmother on Medium, though I struggled against the Dragon on Medium. If you're not too familiar with the way the bosses work, for the Monkey and Spider you need to focus on Health more than Melee and tank them, but the Dragon has a breath attack that takes 10% Health from anything it hits, regardless of how much health your Rex's have so for him you want to focus more on Melee than Health. Here's how I'm going to be lining up against the bosses and what I'm aiming for with what I have:

My Rex's are popping with 8.1k Health and 319% Melee, and they have saddles ranging from 82-124 Armor.

Broodmother & Monkey - 30k Health, 450% Melee

Dragon - 20k Health, 500-550% Melee

Ragnarok(Dragon & Manticore) - 20k Health, 500-550% Melee.

I'm confident I can do the Dragon & Manticore on Ragnarok on Medium with what I'll have, so yours shouldn't have a problem.

To answer simply yes, the Rex's you have are a good start. I'd recommend sending them to SE to fight Deathworms for levelling. Or set up 4 grinders near each other, have a tribe mate sat on the Rex you want to level and fill all 4 Grinders with Stone and grind it all. This is even more effective on a Double or Triple event if you're on official.

I plugged some stats into a calculator just now. 224 tamed rex- 12000HP will mean it has put 50 points into its health. 350%Melee will mean it has put 50 points into its melee. Stats above 50 points are very possible, just rare seeing as the stats are randomly attributed when wild. I would say as long as you get something close to those stats then it should be fine to breed with. Also keep in mind, even when you start breeding, then find a better stat, it is not hard to bring that stat into the bloodline :D

20% imprint boost will bring that HP to 14,400 and Melee to 420%. 71 level ups passed that point and you have Monsters lol

If you would use program which I suggested, you would find out answers on your questions.

As you can see post from guy above me, he is using web calculator, which are mostly for WILD dinos only and it will show wrong values if you use it on tamed/breeded dino.

Here is screen from smart breeding with your rex's stats:

rex.thumb.png.d42730ef5af6db57609f904bc1df3821.png

As you can see, you have 49 points in HP and 41 melee. 

Your HP is perfect and melee decent. You can start to breed them, but you should try to find better melee with trading or taming Rexes, which have at least 250% melee (250 is 30 stat levels) before tame.;)

Why only 250%+ (30 levels) and not less?

Because when you kibble tame 150 level Rex, you will get 71-74 bonus levels, depend if its evo event or not.

Lets count 74 levels:  

Rex has 7 different stats, that is 10.5 stat levels per each stat. So by average you can count that you will get 10-12 levels to each stat after tame.

Thats why you should tame dinos, which have max 10-13 stat levels less than your current one. :)

1 hour ago, Demigod said:

this did not answer my question. at all. but thanks anyways.

so other than recommending programs for me to download, can someone tell me what a good melee or health post-tame stat is for rexes, or if mine are good to start breeding.

to clarify, this is without mutations. i do not plan on having a final breeding line with only 12k health. i just want to know if my stats are good enough to start trying to get mutations or if i would be better off looking in the wild for another rex with a higher health or melee.

He did answer your question.   He told you try to get 50 levels if possible.  He basically suggested 40 levels as a minimum.  That's a direct answer to your question.

On 1/22/2018 at 4:27 PM, Shave said:

Some people would rather not use programs and all that crap to see what we need, we much prefer to go on word of mouth. What next, we use a program to give us the Rex's we need?

so you don't use dododex or any taming calculator you just ask how many narcs and tranqs or how long it will take to tame using kibble, mutton, prime, berries ect to use every time you tame something, basically relying on other people using calculators and programs to answer your questions, seems like it would be a lot easier to just download the free program.....

or hell just go in blind and guess what you need let me know how that works out for you

On 2018-01-23 at 1:27 AM, Shave said:

Some people would rather not use programs and all that crap to see what we need, we much prefer to go on word of mouth. What next, we use a program to give us the Rex's we need?

Not downloading programs - fine (although Smart Breeder is just an .exe you run, not a program to install, which is an important difference to me) - but asking people every time?! :o We'd need a whole separate section of the forum for that or no other posts would get through the clutter. And should you keep asking the same questions over and over cluttering even more? Or would it be fair to expect people to search for their answer first? And if they search for their answer first - how is this different from just looking it up on a website, which doesn't require any downloading whatsoever?

28 minutes ago, Zahlea said:

Not downloading programs - fine (although Smart Breeder is just an .exe you run, not a program to install, which is an important difference to me) - but asking people every time?! :o We'd need a whole separate section of the forum for that or no other posts would get through the clutter. And should you keep asking the same questions over and over cluttering even more? Or would it be fair to expect people to search for their answer first? And if they search for their answer first - how is this different from just looking it up on a website, which doesn't require any downloading whatsoever?

OR one can just delve a bit more into the game mechanics and calculate those stats themselves instead of asking every time. Formula is known.

I'm pretty much sure experienced breeders can tell you amount of points into each stat on sight instead of using calc if thats the creature they have been dealing with for a while. Smart Breeder is nice to use as an organizer for your dinos but a simple spreadsheet will do as well.

On 1/22/2018 at 7:27 PM, Shave said:

You're actually still relying on people to use "programs and all that crap" when you ask questions like these. How do you think we all get the answers? The calculators are a tool to maximize your efficiency in game. If you don't want to use it that's fine, but don't pretend you're not relying on the information they provide as much as anyone else just because you're not using them. If someone asks me in global chat about how long it takes to tame/breed something, or how much kibble it needs or how many darts, etc, what do you think I do? That's right, I open up the Dododex and punch in the numbers, then answer. If someone on the forums asks if their animal has good post-tame stats, fire up Smart Breeding and input the data, then say yay or nay.

Sure, some I might be able to tell you off the cuff, but it's because I memorized the information due to extensive use of it, not because I have a notebook where I write down then sift through all this data. Smarter, not harder.

Word of mouth was a viable way to get information two years ago when the game was new and the calcs didn't exist yet. We've evolved (;)) quite a bit since then, though.

goodness i didn’t think i was asking for that much :D i just wanted to know if my rexes had good enough melee and health to start breeding them for mutations. i’m very appreciative of the ones who answered that for me. i currently don’t have a functioning computer so i have to use my phone for everything.. no option for programs or calculators, a simple answer is all i wanted. if it was too big of a burden then i’m sorry lol

On 22.1.2018 at 10:42 PM, Shave said:

It's a good start for sure, depending on what boss(es) you're wanting to fight. I can safely say though if your Rex's are being born with those stats(before levelling) that you've got some real good ones there. On the Island, once trained with MC or Asc Saddles, they should be able to take the Broodmother and Gigantopithecus on Hard, and the Dragon on Medium perhaps. 

Mine were popping(Being born from egg) at about 8k Health and 319% Melee. Once trained they were all close to 30k Health and 400-450% melee and that was enough to do the Monkey on Hard and the Broodmother on Medium, though I struggled against the Dragon on Medium. If you're not too familiar with the way the bosses work, for the Monkey and Spider you need to focus on Health more than Melee and tank them, but the Dragon has a breath attack that takes 10% Health from anything it hits, regardless of how much health your Rex's have so for him you want to focus more on Melee than Health. Here's how I'm going to be lining up against the bosses and what I'm aiming for with what I have:

My Rex's are popping with 8.1k Health and 319% Melee, and they have saddles ranging from 82-124 Armor.

Broodmother & Monkey - 30k Health, 450% Melee

Dragon - 20k Health, 500-550% Melee

Ragnarok(Dragon & Manticore) - 20k Health, 500-550% Melee.

I'm confident I can do the Dragon & Manticore on Ragnarok on Medium with what I'll have, so yours shouldn't have a problem.

To answer simply yes, the Rex's you have are a good start. I'd recommend sending them to SE to fight Deathworms for levelling. Or set up 4 grinders near each other, have a tribe mate sat on the Rex you want to level and fill all 4 Grinders with Stone and grind it all. This is even more effective on a Double or Triple event if you're on official.

I had one daedeon + 19x rex'es with ~9k hp and ~550% dmg. Got smashed hard against bloodmother lysrix and i got like 50% hp off

Archived