Dinos you just feel bad about killing :(

Nickoli1900

I know this may be a ridiculous discussion topic, but I just happened to kill an anky by accident and noticed the poor wail cry it let out. That was the first time I was paying attention to it. It was heartbreaking, lol. It got me wondering if other people have  certain dinos they try to protect in the wild or feel terrible about killing. I always try to protect Equus, Ovis, and Doed if I see them getting attacked. Killing ovis makes me feel terrible, but that mutton is good. ;)

Guest DJRone89
10 minutes ago, Nickoli1900 said:

I know this may be a ridiculous discussion topic, but I just happened to kill an anky by accident and noticed the poor wail cry it let out. That was the first time I was paying attention to it. It was heartbreaking, lol. It got me wondering if other people have  certain dinos they try to protect in the wild or feel terrible about killing. I always try to protect Equus, Ovis, and Doed if I see them getting attacked. Killing ovis makes me feel terrible, but that mutton is good. ;)

Most stuff that flees, especially Lystro’s - I kept them as pet dogs before the Hyenadons were introduced.

I felt worse about killing things before I started breeding animals, lol. Now it's all about culling the weak, no matter how cute or what kind of noises they make.

The only animal I feel bad about "killing" is one I got killed unintentionally by making poor decisions. Lost two drakes and an unbred featherlight yesterday, still mad about that.

In terms of accidently killing things, otters, definatly otters. Nothing sadder than running down a river system on a rex or spino and trampling an otter to death. A few other examples are back when I first started I used to revere trilobites. Hated having to kill them for silica pearls oil and chitin. Also lystros when they first came out, how could anyone kill them ? Unfortunately I am a bit of a cold blooded killer now, especially when breeding or mass harvesting a certain resource.....

In terms of saving things, anything that is running away from a carnivore although I usually accidentally kill the fleeing animal when trying to take out the attacker.

Yeah,  those are bad too,  but omg the shinehorns.... And when one walks in between you and another mob you're already fighting and you don't notice it.....

On a side note... Friday night I was tending to my double sets of twin drakes and I was greeted with the message "Your Shinehorn  (Level 153) killed a Karkinos (Level 10)."  My tribemate and I laughed for a solid 10 minutes.

Kinda glad to see that I am not the only one that feels bad for killing certain dinos/creatures and also protect (well try to) the wild ones as well.

For me it's Equus, Doeds, Iguanodons & Ovis. And Hyaenodons if it's something bigger than them attacking. I will try to protect them in the wild as well but like AngrySaltire I usually accidentally kill them while trying to take out the attacker :/

The Equus death scream haunts me to this day... thanks to the Great Unicorn Massacre of 2017.

53 minutes ago, banggugyangu said:

Shinehorns..... omg shinehorns.... their death wail is the worst sound in the game...

I love it, go out of my way to kill one when I see it just to hear that little baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa as it croaks it, same with ankys, I noticed the wail sound in the OP ages ago and love hearing it.

5 hours ago, Nickoli1900 said:

OMG I always try to protect the horses-they're so majestic and i hate it when i see a nooby raptor eating it. Tho idc about the ovises, their deaths are hilarious

If I'm on a meat run everything I see is getting it, but when I'm just travelling about I try to help the herbivores that fight back, the stegosaurus fighting that pack of raptors or the turtle fighting a pack of Ravengers, I like when I can kill all the Carnivores without aggroing the veggie and we both just walk off friends. 

As they said above its hard on a rex or giga as large aoe but it's pretty fun on the smaller mounts like a mega on Arberation or a baryonyx on the island 

Tangent... I have an aberration server with the difficulty turned up to 15 and wild Dino Stat growth at 6x normal. The first time I logged into this server, the very first thing I saw was a scorpion stinging a dodo. The dodo was fighting back (not sure why this was happening) and killed the scorpion. (dodo was a level 430, scorpion was level 15.)  after the scorpion died, the dodo walked 2 steps then passed out.... I picked berries and tamed it.. It was the funniest thing I have ever witnessed in Ark... Period.... 

Archived