Quitting over disease griefing

LindseyFan

14 minutes ago, LindseyFan said:

I can handle PVP murder and base wiping. But when people can simply ruin your game by getting sick and spreading across a server, and then log into a new one and start it again, that's not PVP, that's just being jerks. There is no way I can get the materials to cure this cough. Done.

It sounds like this game isn't for you. You will run into swamp fever. Some people suck and like to spread it...but if gathering a handful of materials to make a Lesser Antidote to cure the fever is too much work then you should probably just uninstall it now. 

I can handle PVP murder and base wiping. But when people can simply ruin your game by getting sick and spreading across a server, and then log into a new one and start it again, that's not PVP, that's just being jerks. There is no way I can get the materials to cure this cough. Done.
I'm not gonna lie.. I hate PvP. But never would have it been because of swamp fever. Idk if this is a joke thread, one of those "make something else up to fuss about just for the lulz" but if it's not, then why not just come play pve with us buddy? We can't speak swamp fever like that and it takes some pretty intense planning to wipe a base lol.

I'm sorry but quitting because someone gives you swamp fever is pretty sad. I've only ever spread swamp fever to my tribe mates and that was pretty darn funny.  If you can't handle dying because of swamp fever in PVP then for the first time prolly ever I agree with Lou and you should hang up your cloth shirt and play a new game.

OP,

I'm running a PVE/PVP cluster of all maps and I seen this as a griefing measure from the start.  WC gives private servers the option to turn off swamp fever and I did that on my 1st server at start-up even tho my own daughter, who plays on the server, wants the "eyes" that come with getting the disease.

Before you quit ARK entirely, I would check out the other options.

Swamp fever is to rule out the weak people >.> I play with swamp fever. I am swamp fever. You eventually adapt to it and you live just fine. I mean, you run faster, you eat and drink less. That's like heaven for PvP. Just pump everything in speed and stamina until you hit 180 with the fever. You will be usan bolt, killing people left and right without ever getting hit. You can circle around a guy and back stab him before he is even done with the stabbing motion. You will be able to outrun anything. At 151% speed, you out swim electrophorus with flippers! Turrets can't track you (beside heavy), nothing can get you. Why do you even complain, first thing I do when I get in PvP, is go in swamp and look for swamp fever to turn myself invincible. Hell, you can easily outrun wyverns and griffins, how can they ever hit you? Your only deaths will be jumping off cliffs or bumping off a rock and dying to your own stupidity, which is pretty much nullified with tek boots and a few elements in your pocket, or you somehow walked into a trap, or he is using aimbots and even then they miss most of the time if you do sharp turns now and then.

4 hours ago, Esquire1980 said:

OP,

I'm running a PVE/PVP cluster of all maps and I seen this as a griefing measure from the start.  WC gives private servers the option to turn off swamp fever and I did that on my 1st server at start-up even tho my own daughter, who plays on the server, wants the "eyes" that come with getting the disease.

Before you quit ARK entirely, I would check out the other options.

Why? If gathering 10 flowers, 10 mushrooms, 3 blood, and one narcotic is too much work for OP, what happens when someone tranqs him for funsies and steals his armor and weapons?

11 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Why? If gathering 10 flowers, 10 mushrooms, 3 blood, and one narcotic is too much work for OP, what happens when someone tranqs him for funsies and steals his armor and weapons?

I could just see how this could be used as a griefing method, pretty easy as a matter of fact.  And to a level 115 toon your right, not much a problem there, but most don't pull this stuff on a full decked-out toon, it's the new, low level players that get this stuff.  And, too commonly ends up as a /ragequit as it seems it did here, much to the other side's delight.

This game is a bit too hardcore for even me in the way of full PVP and that's why I went PVE/PVP so people would know what their getting into before it happens to them.  And I've seen my jedi on U-tubes back in Galaxies (mostly screaming about me using LOS to take out multi players) and space PVP is about all I did in STO, before the dark days, before F2P and P2W.

Gas noone told the dude he can just transfer to lose the swamp fever ? Find drop upload , spawn on rag by blue obb, transfer back to your server and spawn in bed cured . Although if you have a tame , even a raptor it' probably quicker to just make the antidote. Hit a beaver dam get the flowers n shrooms , you should already have narcotics and then just go get some leech blood or kill a few rhinos . Edge of snow west coast you will find a few rhinos don' even need fur.  Or by red obb edge of the swamp if you follow river towards redwoods there is a leech spawn where I always get my blood for fishing . Can make it in 10 mins if you have a decent ptera. 

To be fair if the whole servers infected and the alpha isn't going around knocking out beach noobs and curing them then it's probably a bad server and you would be better off moving .

5 hours ago, Esquire1980 said:

I could just see how this could be used as a griefing method, pretty easy as a matter of fact.  And to a level 115 toon your right, not much a problem there, but most don't pull this stuff on a full decked-out toon, it's the new, low level players that get this stuff.  And, too commonly ends up as a /ragequit as it seems it did here, much to the other side's delight.

You don't have to be level 115 to gather rare flowers and mushrooms.  Both of those can be found in beaver dams which can be found in the South Jungle (aka the "noob area") and can be harvested by any level.  Leeches can be killed with a bow and arrow easily.  Narcotics are one of the first things you learn to make the in the game.  Regardless, you are automatically cured of this disease when you level up or transfer to another Ark, so there are ways to cure this disease without making the antidote.  

Either way, this disease doesn't make the game unplayable.  It just reduces your stamina and health, but it increases your movement speed, so use that to your advantage.  It's just not that big of a deal.  

On 1/22/2018 at 8:38 AM, banggugyangu said:

I have only come across swamp fever one time in all my time on ark, and it was from some random level 1.

Once it finds your server it doesnt leave. Not even close enough to make me quit but it does suck when every time you login just about you end up catching it if you leave the base. Not the end of the world and we usually have enough Wyverns being raised so milk is available. For those who dont know you can drink a milk to cure yourself as well as the antidote.

Archived