Question About the Megalo

Psych0P3nguin

1 hour ago, Psych0P3nguin said:

I am looking to go tame my first crab today, and I'm going to be looking the the Bio zone. My companion of choice for this might be the Megalo, but I would like to know if another Megalo can take me off my Megalo. If that's the case I might need to rethink my companion of choice.

No I've never had one do it. They can't pick up other megalos so you should be good. They do aggro on them, but a tamed one will always win unless you got it really low. Even if it is a low level tame, you can just heal at plant Zs and be good. 

Megalos don't pull riders off their dinos, they pick up the dino itself.  If you're on a ravager, expect to be standing next to your ravager as the megalo picks it up and shreds it.  If you're on something bigger/heavier, like another megalo, an ankylo, etc... it can't pick that up. (Drag weight matters.)

I wouldn't be worried about a Megalo taking you from your Megalo - it's the Alpha Karkinos you gotta look out for as they'll straight rip you from the back of a Mega.  A tribe mate almost had a go at taking on the level 80 Alpha Karkinos whilst out on his Mega but luckily asked me first if it was easy. 

He returned home and we went down on Drakes to smash it as I've never been ripped off a drake yet.

I don't believe normal Karkinos will pull you from a Megalo though so should be ok.

11 hours ago, MirageUK said:

I wouldn't be worried about a Megalo taking you from your Megalo - it's the Alpha Karkinos you gotta look out for as they'll straight rip you from the back of a Mega.  A tribe mate almost had a go at taking on the level 80 Alpha Karkinos whilst out on his Mega but luckily asked me first if it was easy. 

He returned home and we went down on Drakes to smash it as I've never been ripped off a drake yet.

I don't believe normal Karkinos will pull you from a Megalo though so should be ok.

I slaughtered an Alpha Karkinos with a Mega, it has never taken me out of the Mega.

I must have been unlucky - normal crabs its never happened but the alpha ripped me from my mega.. luckily my mega was on attack target and quickly dealt with the thing as I had already given it quite a beating whilst mounted. Once bitten, twice shy - I use the Drakes for alpha now, quick escape to force feed and heal if things go pear shaped and never been taken from the back of it yet.

16 hours ago, mfishjax13 said:

Just stand directly underneath the crabs and you won't get pulled off.  We kill alphas that way all the time.  The Mega is perfect for the Bio area.  It is also great in the radiation zone.  Tame a high level and nothing will kill you. (except an arthropleura destroying your haz suit)

Purlovia?

16 hours ago, MirageUK said:

I must have been unlucky - normal crabs its never happened but the alpha ripped me from my mega.. luckily my mega was on attack target and quickly dealt with the thing as I had already given it quite a beating whilst mounted. Once bitten, twice shy - I use the Drakes for alpha now, quick escape to force feed and heal if things go pear shaped and never been taken from the back of it yet.

Did you press "E" by accident? No way it would suddenly use the grab ability unless you are dismounted earlier.

Also, I tried to use a drake with karkinos, unfortunately the dumb crab decided to jump into my drake, pushing it into the ground and killing it via suffocation. (RIP ;() Steering clear of them with drake from now on.

I will bear that in mind as I actually experienced the opposite this weekend. 

Was riding a drake and trying to trap a Karkinos when it got stuck on rocks, glitched and fell through the map. Nooooooooo! So much to a nice local high level easy capture tame.  Now on the lookout again for another in the peaceful areas rather than trying to tame one in the biolume.

Archived