[PvPvE] [Friendly] [Island/Center Map] Sydney Based Server-Players Wanted

Hi there, I'm looking for players to join an Ark PS4 server called "Re-Ark"  based in Sydney for us Aussie players (Players from other countries are also welcome). I thought here would be a good place to start to look for prospective players who are interested in joining in a new server where they won't be farmed/griefed or utterly destroyed before being able to do anything substantial in game. 

The server will have increased harvest multipliers with decreased tame times, the exact multipliers have not been set in stone yet but they won't be too excessive. I'm hoping to be able to build a good community on this server with possible weekly events etc. Feel free to suggest ideas/multiplier amounts. The current multipliers would be:

• 5x Harvest
  • 3x Tame
  • 2x Hatching

There would also be a new player starting area with free basic survival gear to help get your Ark experience moving. This includes:

• Cloth Armor
  • Stone Weaponry
  • Stone Tools
  • Waterskin

The server will be on 24/7, the admins are more than willing to help any new players with requests/queries. 

The server would also include a Colosseum esque battle arena to settle personal disputes to ensure there are no grudge base/dino wiping. 

Possible weekly events could include Biome specific war-games, e.g:

• Naval Warfare/Siege using Aquatic mounts
  • Redwood Forests Predator hunt using climbing mounts like Tapejara/Thylco 
  • Boss Raids 
  • Conquest Expeditions between volunteering tribes

Player spaces will be limited to ensure steady server performance but it won't be small enough to limit you and your friends all joining the server.

Looking forward to hearing from people about this, cheers!

3 minutes ago, Deathitslef said:

Hey there, this sound like exactly what me and my friends are lookin for. We would join straight away if you got this underway! Im looking forward to hearing what happens...

P.S. really love the sound of the weekly events, specially the redwood predator hunt

That's great to hear, looking forward to having you on! How many friends are you thinking of joining with?

14 hours ago, StormedDread said:

Hey, just wondering if this has been started yet?

Hi, I haven't started the server yet simply because I'd like for there to be at least 5 people that would be interested. 

Are you interested in joining the server if I make one? Let me know and feel free to invite friends over! 

On 21/01/2018 at 9:57 PM, Deathitslef said:

So far probably about 2 more other than me, we've been playing together on a non-ded for a while and now we want to get a real community ark feel with different players and tribes, what would be the server rules though? i assume those would be made as you get more interested people??

You are correct about the server rules, but a few base guidelines would be:

>No base/tame wiping

>No tame interfering 

>No uneccsary large portions of an area being reserved by players unless they have started to build an actual base

>No resource intense spawn point hogging, including-not emptying out a beaver damn quickly and just leaving wood

I think those guidelines are fair to everyone and make the game much more enjoyable. More rules would be applied depending on the players we get and their input! 

Looking forward to starting an Ark server with everyone who has commented so far!! 

3 hours ago, StormedDread said:

Im down and got a mate or two who would be interested too.

Are you considering stat changes? Such as increased weight or anything like that?

Sounds good! 

And yes, I am considering Stat changes. Are you referring to Dino weight or player weight though? I would be open to increasing both as I feel being constantly encumbered just ruins game play flow. 

Would you be able to join with your mates by tonight? 

Just thought I'd add that the server will be hosted through an actual game server company on PC to ensure that ping is low and the connection is stable.

As for more game-play related choices, I think setting rates to 2x and taming to 4x would be optimal. 

I'm also now considering possibly having Ragnarok as another map.

7 hours ago, Ezekiel854 said:

Sounds good! 

And yes, I am considering Stat changes. Are you referring to Dino weight or player weight though? I would be open to increasing both as I feel being constantly encumbered just ruins game play flow. 

Would you be able to join with your mates by tonight? 

A minor increase to dino weight, maybe go with 1.2 or 1.3 but players go with 2x, dont wanns go overboard.

Other stats i feel should remain as they are, weight is simply an annoyance. I would be able to start now yea. My mates may be an hour or two away.

2 hours ago, Ezekiel854 said:

Just thought I'd add that the server will be hosted through an actual game server company on PC to ensure that ping is low and the connection is stable.

As for more game-play related choices, I think setting rates to 2x and taming to 4x would be optimal. 

I'm also now considering possibly having Ragnarok as another map.

They sound good to me, what about Ab as another map? The creatures there are beautiful and i want to breed the hell out of them. Speaking of, what would your breeding rate be? 2x or maybe even 4x to go with taming?

16 minutes ago, StormedDread said:

A minor increase to dino weight, maybe go with 1.2 or 1.3 but players go with 2x, dont wanns go overboard.

Other stats i feel should remain as they are, weight is simply an annoyance. I would be able to start now yea. My mates may be an hour or two away.

Very true, that's what I had in mind as well. Other stats I'll keep the same. I can get the server up and running shortly, I was thinking of using Streamline servers. Do you have any experience with a good server provider?

15 minutes ago, StormedDread said:

They sound good to me, what about Ab as another map? The creatures there are beautiful and i want to breed the hell out of them. Speaking of, what would your breeding rate be? 2x or maybe even 4x to go with taming?

Abberration is a beautiful map indeed, however I don't have the DLC yet. Haven't gotten around to downloading it yet but It is a possibility in the near future.

As for breeding rate I'd keep it consistent with the tame rate, to make taming and breeding Dinos more linear and and streamlined.

4 minutes ago, Ezekiel854 said:

Very true, that's what I had in mind as well. Other stats I'll keep the same. I can get the server up and running shortly, I was thinking of using Streamline servers. Do you have any experience with a good server provider?

Abberration is a beautiful map indeed, however I don't have the DLC yet. Haven't gotten around to downloading it yet but It is a possibility in the near future.

As for breeding rate I'd keep it consistent with the tame rate, to make taming and breeding Dinos more linear and and streamlined.

I havent used any server hosting companies personally, and heard lots of mixed responses about all of them.

Those stats sound good mate.

14 minutes ago, StormedDread said:

I havent used any server hosting companies personally, and heard lots of mixed responses about all of them.

Those stats sound good mate.

I think I'll start with a small slot server and upgrade as necessary, i'm going to try and have it set up by 11 tonight. Would you still be able to join by then?

17 hours ago, StormedDread said:

Not straight up, but should be on early in the morning

Once its up, post the name and ill join as soon i can

Finally I can comment again, the server is live now. Join "Re-Ark", I'm hoping that there won't be too much lag. If there any issues or intense lag please do let me know. 

My PSN ID is Ezekiel854, the same as my forum ID. I've already added you on psn if you do use the same as your forum name. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2018 at 5:02 PM, Mdig889 said:

This server sounds just what me an my friends are looking for. Will it be considered a “friendly” pvp. We like to just build without the worry of being completely wiped when we log off an having to start over

Hi, sorry for the late late reply. Been busy with work. But yes, the server is friendly PVP. We so far have 5 regular players and there have been no issues so far. We just want to enjoy the game and if at times a little PVP is used then it won't be heavy handed or unfair to any one person, and there is a strict no base/tame wiping rule that's enforced. I will make sure of that.

So please feel free to join with your friends and build without the worry of losing your progress over night! Just search for "Re-Ark" in the server list. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived