Why don't more people play Aberration?

Rysten

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I know Aberration, the other maps are boring to me. Aberration is much less realistic which many of the nay-sayers seem to have a problem with. They bought the game for dinosaurs and not for fantasy creatures. Personally I do not have a problem with that. Dinosaurs or not, make the creatures cool and interesting and I have my fun. I have played on The Island for a long time (still am) and Aberration is a welcome change.

#aberration4life

IMO, aberration is the best map they've released. 

The center, the island, ragnarok are way to easy for me. Once you own a giga you fear nothing. On aberration it's the definition of survival. You gotta pay attention actually when playing or a reaper will spawn and murder your entire base. Going and gathering rock drake eggs is hard and enjoyable.

The maps not for everyone. If you're new I wouldn't recommend it at all. I play solo it was very difficult to get set up as well as I am now. But it's very do able. If you want a challenge and enjoy new creatures try it. The games no total sci fi, the new biome is fantastic the reapers are amazing and terrifying at the same time.  

Good blueprints are a challenge to get and not actual luck. I just love the challenge, there's no op Dino that can't die there is always a possibility.

Alot of people are just trash without their 250+ wyverns, griffins, gigas etc. PvP meta got so stale Ab is like a breath of fresh air. Turret limit isn't as bad bc no stego-dropping. People Actually hop off the dinos and go at it, although the dino combat is much better too, actually some nuance and abilities. A small tribe with a good, hidden base location is actually able to be a threat to an alpha. I think the slight increase in required brainthinky is putting alot of people off.

• 2 weeks later...

i love ab, i have all in all a heart for maps that change the meta of the game, and get really quick bored by big "all in one" maps like rag. 

what i witness on most clusters: ppl rushed into ab, looked around until they saw everything, tamed what ever they found, some didt the rockwell most didnt really care, and f off to ragnarok where they breed the stuff (we got s+ nanny so they could do it here too) but they dont.

player like to keep one mainbase, the base they centralize their game around, noone will do that on aberration because of the transfer limitations.

i dont say "open transfer wyvern for everyone", ab is no map for flyers, but thats how stuff rolls on PVE. thats why wyvern and golems are everyting that got stucked from SE. 

as mutch as i love ab the breedworthy (and breedable) creatures are allready breed, everything is tamed, base is build, rockwell is beat, so i will go back to whatever other map to enjoy the big rest of the creatures the game has to offer

Archived