ARK SOTF on Console

DutLuca

• Volunteer Moderator
25 minutes ago, Unopinionated said:

If it is dead then why is there a forum section devoted to it on the main page?

Because it is still there from when SOTF was alive, and there's no harm in having it there still because although SOTF is dead currently, there's always the possibility it will be revived at some point.

screw these devs for letting what coulda been the best version of this s*** show of a game. ark as it is, is just a glitch time sink for those that have the time to do it. use, update, and actually give a f*** about SOTF and you could have yourselves a new e-sport, which I know would attract a lot more attention, right now the only attention you get is cause ppl just wanna see a train wreck. lol

On 1/29/2018 at 2:33 PM, RAWRzillaaaa said:

screw these devs for letting what coulda been the best version of this s*** show of a game. ark as it is, is just a glitch time sink for those that have the time to do it. use, update, and actually give a f*** about SOTF and you could have yourselves a new e-sport, which I know would attract a lot more attention, right now the only attention you get is cause ppl just wanna see a train wreck. lol

You want a popular e-sports worthy battle royale game? Well, PUBG alone saw nearly 3 million peak players today. Go play it.

SOTF failed. It wasn't popular and people by and large ignored it entirely after the initial novelty wore off. It would have required a tremendous amount of work to get it where it needed to be for it to be considered a viable e-sports game. (Which it never would have been) Instead of dumping exorbitant amounts of time and money into SOTF and further delaying the core game, they halted SOTF development with the idea that they might revisit it again later. 

In the meantime, plenty of other BR style games have been released that are far more polished and playable than SOTF ever was. Go play one of them.

20 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

You want a popular e-sports worthy battle royale game? Well, PUBG alone saw nearly 3 million peak players today. Go play it.

SOTF failed. It wasn't popular and people by and large ignored it entirely after the initial novelty wore off. It would have required a tremendous amount of work to get it where it needed to be for it to be considered a viable e-sports game. (Which it never would have been) Instead of dumping exorbitant amounts of time and money into SOTF and further delaying the core game, they halted SOTF development with the idea that they might revisit it again later. 

In the meantime, plenty of other BR style games have been released that are far more polished and playable than SOTF ever was. Go play one of them.

yeah, pub g so good I die from fall damage everytime I vault a wall or stand in a corner, car goes flying across the map when I bump a bike and the truck falls through the bridge for no reason, yeah, real e-sport ready game ya got there... also hate that pubg is based on luck of the loot, much more skill involved in sotf, and where yes, it could be polished up, but no more than the regular ark anyways? an they've had their chance to fix those issues for years, and yet they still just create more content instead of fixing the already existing content, they just want excuses to put more dlc out to take your money, like, they even had the scorched earth dlc you had to buy like a year before they full game even released, are you kidding me??? lol

27 minutes ago, RAWRzillaaaa said:

yeah, pub g so good I die from fall damage everytime I vault a wall or stand in a corner, car goes flying across the map when I bump a bike and the truck falls through the bridge for no reason, yeah, real e-sport ready game ya got there... also hate that pubg is based on luck of the loot, much more skill involved in sotf, and where yes, it could be polished up, but no more than the regular ark anyways? an they've had their chance to fix those issues for years, and yet they still just create more content instead of fixing the already existing content, they just want excuses to put more dlc out to take your money, like, they even had the scorched earth dlc you had to buy like a year before they full game even released, are you kidding me??? lol

I can't even figure out what your point is anymore. You want to play an e-sport battle royale game, but you're refusing to play any of the ones that exist because they're too buggy. You want Wildcard to rebuild SotF, but you seem to have little faith in their ability to build a good game.

Listen, I'm not saying you're wrong...I'm just telling you not to hold your breath. Maybe one day we might see it again, but considering the competition the likelihood is slim at best. You can get comfortable with it, or you can remain exasperated. Up to you.

Archived