why do ark weekend events start in us time? doesnt asia and euro have weekends?

OttoGrunf

35 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

There is no USA in stegosaurus unless you switch  or add latters. Stegosaurusa, stegousarus. You can't spell it without ego. And sau which is a female pig in German. And rus which stands for Russia.

Americans. ?

...which would be the part of his joke that makes it funny, the fact that while technically true it's completely nonsensical.  "sigh"

11 minutes ago, davidcostarica said:

You are missing some countries in that continent bud.

Listing all of the countries on both continents and nearby islands was not my intention, and their population is too low to count them all. I just counted 4 largest ones (and yes, i missed Colombia - its population is higher than Canada's but still 0.6% of world population). Even with Colombia they have less than 10% combined.

So my point "about 10%" still stands.

1 minute ago, DarthaNyan said:

Listing all of the countries on both continents and nearby islands was not my intention, and their population is too low to count them all. I just counted 4 largest ones (and yes, i missed Colombia - its population is higher than Canada's but still 0.6% of world population). Even with Colombia they have less than 10% combined.

So my point "about 10%" still stands.

I am triggered now, hehehe

6 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

The idoicy on this thread is outstanding. Wildcard is a NA company, of course they will use their own countries time zones to dictate when things happen. That’s how the world works and anyone who thinks that’s an issue needs a better grasp on reality.

Funny how other companies launch expansions an events so it' at a reasonable time for most the region' in the world bot just America.

But hey your a wildcard fan boy who live in the USA so don't care as your getting it all good for you.

But everyone knows there poop at releasing anything at a good time for all regions or even on official dlc release date with out a 2 month delay.

Wildcard are a poor game studio that can and should of learned from other game companies on how to launch events an dlc but havent.

Guest DJRone89
7 minutes ago, Beams20 said:

Funny how other companies launch expansions an events so it' at a reasonable time for most the region' in the world bot just America.

But hey your a wildcard fan boy who live in the USA so don't care as your getting it all good for you.

But everyone knows there poop at releasing anything at a good time for all regions or even on official dlc release date with out a 2 month delay.

Wildcard are a poor game studio that can and should of learned from other game companies on how to launch events an dlc but havent.

Funny how you missed the comment where I explicitly said I live in England, so am I still a fanboy? ;)

3 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Funny how you missed the comment where I explicitly said I live in England, so am I still a fanboy? ;)

Will I missed that but yeah still a fan boy. As you defend them even though they are completely in the wrong with the way they operate events an dlc releases, There are hundreds of studio that can release event an dlc at good times for all regions but you think it ok wildcard cant do this simple thing.

Guest DJRone89
15 minutes ago, Beams20 said:

Will I missed that but yeah still a fan boy. As you defend them even though they are completely in the wrong with the way they operate events an dlc releases, There are hundreds of studio that can release event an dlc at good times for all regions but you think it ok wildcard cant do this simple thing.

So anyone who you disagree with is labelled a fanboy? I’ll make sure not to interact with you in the future if that’s your attitude.

7 hours ago, Beams20 said:

You must have a VERY interesting definition for the words reasonable and most.

Most companies that have game servers and players worldwide do exactly as WC does, base their release schedule on their own time zone for OBVIOUS reasons.  The only exceptions to this that I have ever seen are companies that base their release schedule on GMT... and usually those companies are based reasonably close to that time zone anyway.  The only exceptions to this are large companies that have established their companies in several different areas of the world, with more autonomous control over the servers in their respective regions... but then you're right back to each one of those branch offices releasing at a time convenient for the time zone they are based in.

Neither of those approaches is more reasonable than another, and certainly aren't covering more time zones.  No matter what time you release an update, a major portion of the world will either be asleep or at work.

But hey, if your goal is to simply base release times on personal whim instead of reason, I vote for releasing at the time most convenient for Australian players.  Those guys rarely catch a break in this regard.  :)

18 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

its not rant, its valid complaint. most of times it starts in saturday 00h or 01h for majority of europe. thats almost saturday morning for asia but friday evening for america. as good part of people play on evenings, thats one x2 play day stolen from people in europe and asia. on other hand, it usually last untill monday morning in us. it might not be such a problem on standard x2 day, but on x2 breeding its a deal breaker and super unfair.

"super unfair"

Yeah. Super unfair that there are 24 different time zones around the world (7 affected by Daylight Savings Time) and Wildcard doesn't accommodate for each one when scheduling weekend bonus rate boosts. So very unfair. 

Do they have a German version of "My Super Sweet 16?" Because I'm pretty sure your episode would go viral. lol

6 hours ago, Todgins said:

It started Saturday night (normally sat morning/lunch which is okay) for Australia this weekend >_<

Only got a few hrs on Saturday to farm some mats, then 2x on Sunday. Sure it might be available the next day, but it's Monday and most of us go back to work :(

thats mine point mate

Guest DJRone89

Seriously, why is this an issue now, all of a sudden? Evo events have been happening for around a year now and people are only now complaining about start times?

Maybe if you piped up when they first started, Wildcard may have done something about it. Let’s face it, the bulk majority of their player base came from early access and many of them have been here since the beginning, so they have witnessed all the changes. If they have accepted the event start times then so should you, despite how unfair you may think it is.

16 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Seriously, why is this an issue now, all of a sudden? Evo events have been happening for around a year now and people are only now complaining about start times?

Maybe if you piped up when they first started, Wildcard may have done something about it. Let’s face it, the bulk majority of their player base came from early access and many of them have been here since the beginning, so they have witnessed all the changes. If they have accepted the event start times then so should you, despite how unfair you may think it is.

Wouldn't be ark forums if there wasn't something to complain about

17 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

In my experience over the last ~2 months they keep starting later and later >_<

One would assume they just start at "4am" (Complete random guess at time). Then the following weeks it seems to become 4:30, 6, 6:45, 9am.

Obviously it's not automated and we are not "entitled" to an evo event, but considering they run one every weekend and give us reason to play it would be nice if they could stick within +- 2 hrs of a regular time :3

3 minutes ago, Todgins said:

In my experience over the last ~2 months they keep starting later and later >_<

One would assume they just start at "4am" (Complete random guess at time). Then the following weeks it seems to become 4:30, 6, 6:45, 9am.

Obviously it's not automated and we are not "entitled" to an evo event, but considering they run one every weekend and give us reason to play it would be nice if they could stick within +- 2 hrs of a regular time :3

That's a request I think is worth making. Obviously the bonus weekends are a perk, but it would be nice if there was a consistent time for them to start and end. (At very least it's more reasonable than requesting there be 24 consistent times for them to start and end. lol)

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Maheat6233 said:

They rotate when it starts so everyone makes out... have noticed this in the past few weeks! Sometimes very early start Friday and end late Sunday night. Other times late Friday night and end late Monday night.

Wait, so what you’re saying is, they are ninja considering the different time zones because for what ever reason, they can’t start the events at different times specific to region?

Well I’ll be damned. Though let’s be honest, even if that was the case, you’d still get people complaining (mostly NA folk) that they miss the start of the event and go on to say how hard done by they are without ever considering it’s the norm for people on the other side of the world.

They keep getting progressively later to some unknown reason. They used to start at 5-6pm GMT on Friday every week (I'm in England) 6-7pm in mainland Europe, so I'm guessing 11am Friday in the USA? So I'm guessing 1am Saturday in a lot of China. 

Ths was fine for most people, but I can see why Chinese/Australian/Russian players would have an issue.

Surely the easiest solution would be to have it region specific, and since they run EVERY weekend it could easily be coded into the game, when a servers local time hits 5pm on a Friday auto start evolution event. 

Nobody can complain then, if they are, they should be playing on their regions servers, less playable ego event would the cost of playing in a different region, and the increased latency that is not game related.

Archived