why do ark weekend events start in us time? doesnt asia and euro have weekends?

OttoGrunf

Probably because WildCard is a US based company, and they maybe have this set up so someone has to manually activate it.  Or at least they want someone on hand to make sure it starts properly.  That means it's most convenient and efficient *for them* to have it start when people are in the office anyway.

Same problem as with MMOs that have scheduled maintenance.  A lot of them aim for a time when the least number of players are on overall, and also early enough in the week that they can have people available to do work if there needs to be an emergency hotfix or server reboot.  For one game I played, this meant 2AM Pacific time on Thursdays.  It kind of sucked for people in other countries if that was the middle of the evening for them.  But that's when the fewest players overall would be affected.

It's annoying if you're outside the same general time zone as the company running a game.  But the reality is, there's probably a reason for why the events start and end like they do.  And the reason probably has something to do with "This is what costs the least amount of money."  If they have to pay someone overtime or hire an extra shift, that costs more.  The alternative is that they could save even *more* money and stop running the events entirely.  Unlike server maintenance, the events are totally optional.  If they become too big a hassle to run, they can just stop.  So there's that to consider.

i was wandering, why do weekend evolution events usually start friday afternoon/evening for us? do people in asia and europe have weekends too? why doesnt weekend evolution event start friday evening in asia and last untill monday morning in america? ark is global game, isnt that right [mention=3836]TheRightHand[/mention]?
Asia and Europe indeed do not have weekends. Or even the same days of the week. They actually have 8 days a week instead of 7 like us in America. I forget what all the names are, but a quick Google search can result you in the right direction!

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using SurviveTheArk Community mobile app

Guest DJRone89
5 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

i was wandering, why do weekend evolution events usually start friday afternoon/evening for us? do people in asia and europe have weekends too? why doesnt weekend evolution event start friday evening in asia and last untill monday morning in america? ark is global game, isnt that right @TheRightHand?

I live in England, what is this week “end” you speak of? :D

Guest DJRone89
Just now, Ranger1 said:

C'mon now, it's not WC's fault that half the population of the planet live on the wrong side of it.  ^_^

You just can’t make it up.

10 hours ago, anubis3691 said:

Asia and Europe indeed do not have weekends. Or even the same days of the week. They actually have 8 days a week instead of 7 like us in America. I forget what all the names are, but a quick Google search can result you in the right direction!

Sent from my Coolpad 3622A using SurviveTheArk Community mobile app

Dude we have 7 days like everyone, we are not especial xD 

On 1/20/2018 at 2:32 AM, LouSpowells said:

...and here I was thinking that people ran out of things to complain about when it comes to 2x events. O.o

its not rant, its valid complaint. most of times it starts in saturday 00h or 01h for majority of europe. thats almost saturday morning for asia but friday evening for america. as good part of people play on evenings, thats one x2 play day stolen from people in europe and asia. on other hand, it usually last untill monday morning in us. it might not be such a problem on standard x2 day, but on x2 breeding its a deal breaker and super unfair.

13 minutes ago, OttoGrunf said:

its not rant, its valid complaint. most of times it starts in saturday 00h or 01h for majority of europe. thats almost saturday morning for asia but friday evening for america. as good part of people play on evenings, thats one x2 play day stolen from people in europe and asia. on other hand, it usually last untill monday morning in us. it might not be such a problem on standard x2 day, but on x2 breeding its a deal breaker and super unfair.

Your problem is that you think Wc want ark to be fair , Stop thinking like this an you will understand how it works.

Wc always do everything to favour USA , Just like when they officially launch the game an launched all new server. At least 75% of the server was launched when Europe would be asleep.

An ehen they launch dlc its the same wheb europe a sleep , They also launch event so people out of the USA get only 70% of the event.

So as I said just accept it an then you will understand ark is a good game but you will always be at a disadvantage to the USA players.

Guest DJRone89
9 minutes ago, Beams20 said:

Your problem is that you think Wc want ark to be fair , Stop thinking like this an you will understand how it works.

Wc always do everything to favour USA , Just like when they officially launch the game an launched all new server. At least 75% of the server was launched when Europe would be asleep.

An ehen they launch dlc its the same wheb europe a sleep , They also launch event so people out of the USA get only 70% of the event.

So as I said just accept it an then you will understand ark is a good game but you will always be at a disadvantage to the USA players.

The idoicy on this thread is outstanding. Wildcard is a NA company, of course they will use their own countries time zones to dictate when things happen. That’s how the world works and anyone who thinks that’s an issue needs a better grasp on reality.

Archived