pve Filthy Casuals- Ark completionist challenge server

TheyCallMeGunny

Welcome to Filthy Casuals! We are an Ark server that is best explained as an "Ark story challenge." Before I continue in my explanation of what our server is about, I would like to say that we welcome friendly PvE competition of other tribes in a race to the end of all Arks!

Filthy Casuals is a series constructed by Blue, Ryan and Gunny. In this series, we will be focusing on a completionist approach to Ark. Starting on the Island, and progressing through each Story Ark only as we reach 100% completion of all possible tames, breeds, bosses, Ascensions and explorer notes on my livestream.

I, Gunny, Will be required to have completed everything before we can continue. Others in my tribe will be required to participate in each Alpha boss kill at least once, as well as in the actual Alpha ascension, and they must survive for it to apply. As with other tribes, the tribe leader will be the one required to achieve 100% completion, while all other tribe members must meet the boss and Ascension requirements.

We have all vanilla rates (1x.) We have 3 mods: Structures Plus (by Orionsun), Platforms Plus (by Orionsun) and Castles, Keeps and Forts Medieval Architecture (by ExileAcid.) We will each be capable of learning all engrams, but will have all automated engrams in S+ disabled (such as the item collector or hatchery) as well as any non-siege weaponry from CKF.

We are in no rush to achieve full completion, as this series is intended to run until the release of Ark: Extinction, so that we can time our completion of the final maps (we may include non-story Arks if Extinction is delayed enough) with the release of the final DLC and last story of the Arks.

--That description is directly copied from the stream video description. For those who don't understand the challenge, I will now explain more personally what got me interested in this:

I am not a completionist by nature. But Ark has been my favorite game for a very long time now. I have 4,000 hours playtime in it even after multiple breaks of several months each where I hit burn out, I just keep coming back. I feel I have done almost everything there was to do in Ark, as I absolutely love the game. I felt that with the release of Aberration, and the glimpse at its' Ascension into the final Ark (I won't spoil it) that it was about time to start a beginning-to-end pursuit of following in the footsteps of the original survivors (the dossier authors.)

Our server is currently very small, with only a handful of personal friends playing. If things got more popular, we would see about increasing our population cap to allow more people to participate, and if finances allowed, we would also expand it into a cluster of every Story Ark to allow people to start the same process behind the others if they came late to the party. But for now, we are what we are.

As a final note, I will say that our name is sarcastic. My girlfriend and the server host both have under 400 hours played. They just have a deep interest in playing Ark to it's fullest. So please, be aware we're not actually elitists. We're just big fans of Ark.

If you'd like to join the server, please click the following link (it is a tinyurl that redirects to a steamlink, as I've found this method of making a connect button is the least blocked steam url across multiple sites)

https://tinyurl.com/FilthyCasualsArk   (The name of the server displays as Ryan's Meat House in-game, i'll get that changed soon enough.)

Just be sure to say hi when you join!

If you want to see who currently plays, you can just search my name on YouTube and watch us grind it out (we are starting slowly, as we just finished configuring the server this morning after starting it yesterday.)

Archived