Unraveling the Mysteries of the ARK!

Jatheish

Seriously when we going to find out that underneath the volcano is an ancient xeno temple where predators went to become true hunters an the caves are a long distant reminder that the entire island was once honeycombed with tunnels that once where home to mans most dangerous predator.

An lets face it who the hell aint intrested to know what an alien t rex hydrid would be like forget the predalien and dont even say im crazy or that im the only one who wants this.

After all anyone whos seen the film predators knows exactly how much the ark is like that planet.

14 hours ago, Brodart said:

Translation:

When I woke up four nights have passed. I start to decided which path i should take. If I return, I would definitely look after my family (my family would question me?); if I die, I wish i could die helping others. Demons and monster are everywhere, and they’re all very fierce. I was so afraid I couldn’t even sleep. I tried to take detours everywhere, but I couldn’t avoid them. The plantlife are also strange as I couldn’t recognise any of them.  Though I’m a thousand miles from home, I’ll need to find my way home eventually.  This is the heaviest burden of all.

Well done! Makes sense in the context of Ark, too!

I'm no Chinese linguist, but I *am* a Persian linguist and I recognize a true trans when I see one. ;)  I wonder if any will come up that I can translate...?

You guys should make the ocean bigger. I find it rather tedious making circles around a giant island. I think that multiple maps to choose from when starting a new game would be amazing. For example a map where its 45% ocean and 55% land. That would be awesome for enjoying the ocean a bit more. 

Oh, oh! When exploring the Ark for these notes, I think it'd be interesting if we were often in situations where we would have to rely more on ourselves than on our mounts. Like, our mounts could take us their, but the actual exploration of the notes' resting places had to be done on foot. Having to cleverly use the Grappling Hook, a bit of platforming, and maybe even a few puzzles and traps we'd have to conquer? I mean, imagine peeking around the corner of a ruin's dilapidated archway only to see the main chamber littered with a pack of nesting Raptors. You know there's no way you can take them all out with your trusty sword; you'd be eaten alive! But you quickly form a plan...

Moments later, a pin is pulled and a canister is flying in a graceful arc right before it explodes in a thick cloud of smoke. The predators are blinded and confused, their calls of distress bouncing off the aged walls. They never hear the clink of metal scrapping stone and never see you sail over their feathered heads with the aid of your Grappling Hook that pulls you into the relative safety of the rafters above. Like everything else, the stone beams haven't weathered the test of time gracefully, but your handy footwork soon has you standing on what remains of the second story foyer and before an imposing door that was probably meant to instill a sense of majesty and awe with its intricate carvings and the fact that your favorite Diplodocus back at camp could fit through it with little difficulty. 

All it instills in you is a sense of trepidation thanks in no small part to the large claw indentations that riddle the impressive stonework in a vertical pattern, stopping at a massive gap in the ceiling that would easily allow access into whatever room lay behind the door. Turning back isn't an option, however. The shrieks of the Raptors have lost their tone of befuddlement and now resemble the hunting trills and calls that you've become all too familiar with. So you take a shaky breath, one hand resting nervously on the hilt of your weapon, and push...

C'mon, Wildcard, I wanna feel like Indiana Jones/Nathan Drake/Lara Croft. But with swords and crossbows. 

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but Spinos have stopped spawning on my server. There were plenty of them in the beginning, but now there are no Spinos at all, I've tried killing a bunch of dinos around their spawn zones to promote spino spawning, but none? Does anyone know how to fix it or if it is just a bug?

I love love love, that the devs are putting, some lore into the game!  I want to know things like where is the Ark?  Is it in a distant galaxy? Was it made by mankind, and put into orbit around a thriving star?  What is it really, who made it?  Who put the dinos and, other animals there? Who or what made the obelisks?  How are the Obelisks powered?  What or who is dropping us those beacons, with all that loot?  You get the jist of it, I'm super curious, and I bet tons of you are to!

I am hoping there will be some way of translating these notes, if they are going to be in different languages. Maybe something for the tek tier?

Also, i saw someone did a rough translation of it on a youtube video:

" a rough translation says that her name is meyin and she woke up her one day she says that she is always running away from these "monsters" or "demons" she probably has no idea that there dinosaurs or prehistoric mammals since in her time dinosaurs haven't really been discovered as prehistoric animals"

"It's been four nights since I've woken up to this. I begin writing down what I experienced. Were I to go back home, my friends will surely ask about it. Were I to die, I hope it will help others. Demons and monsters are everywhere, like evil ghosts. I fear them, and come nightfall I can't sleep. I wander to and fro, but I can't avoid them. The trees and the grass are also strange, unrecognisable. Although I'm a thousand miles from home, I must find a way back. This is what's most important."

here's a more accurate translation from the original, classical chinese text.