Sabertooth health level for cave runs

Missy

Hey all,

Quick question.

I want to know what would be a 'great' (not good) level of stats to put into a cave running Sabertooth. I like to have another Sabertooh on follow to make it a mating pair. Only info I've found is that 2k health is good, the rest into melee. Thats a bit low I thought??

I mainly run a mating pair of Thylas for cave runs (6k health) and they go great but for the smaller caves Im going Sabertooth. Ive been breeding from some good pairs for a few weeks now and managed to get a good collection of stats from wild ones, its the best I've found so far:

Health - 2050

Stamina - 900

Weight - 426

Melee - 352

Imprinting takes theses levels nice and high. It got the Health to 2280 and the melee to 426 with 100% Imprinting on one cat (his base health was 1900 though) so really happy there.

So how much would you put into health? ^_^

Honestly.. Sabers are awesome.. and a saddle make the world of difference, if your more than one get a mate boosted pair.. also 500+ melee and 2.5k hp is more or less what you'll need. 

But for me I'll just get a barry.. 6K hp 600melee and for some reason its smaller profile allows it to get into caves easier and it swims and spins.. xD

on a barry you can get those stats from a tame, no need to breed them.. And they lay eggs. so they are easy to breed and store eggs for the weekends hatching, where sabertooth you need to wait for the gestation period for a single baby, compared to the gathering 10- 15 eggs for a single hatch and care session on a x2 or x3 weekend. 

It's good base stats (beat our weight so nice job there). With those base stats and a good imprint you can easily get the Saber to 6k hp and 600+ melee (if you don't touch stam or weight) which makes it pretty formidable for anything you will encounter in the caves. We are currently at bases of 2250hp, 980 stam, 364 weight, and 387 melee (though not all on the same cat yet) and my top cat cat (who started with 2100 hp, 980 stam, 324 weight, and 387 damage) is at 6400 hp and just shy of 700% melee. I'd take him into any island cave and would probably run him through the ice cave to farm horns and drops too. 

Kitty's are nice and all, but recommend trying out terror bird. I can run through all the caves (excluding the hard caves) on a bird nicely. On the island btw. It comes in real handy when you need to makes those jumps that you can sometimes over shoot with a wolf/raptor/kitty and the cave that requires you to swim through water to get to the artifact, birdy makes the swim just fine! I'm not saying it's better than anything else, but it is my personal favorite to use!

Archived