Dieing in a building when you log off

Bearcrums806

Never been teleport'ed.. like that.. But if your base is open, and you have some good stuff on you, on PvE, the only way to kill and get your stuff in PvE is to move you and drown you or let a wild dino kill you and then he can collect your stuff. 

If you next to a cliff I guess then just drop your body off the edge? 

That's why every base I've ever built has a logoff box. I always spend a few minutes before logging clearing my inventory and putting my stuff away. The slight hassle of putting everything back on the next time I play will always be worth it compared to the risk of losing valuable or expensive gear and items due to any of a multitude of factors. It's only happened to me a few times but I've woken up dead, under my base, under the map, in the process of falling through the map...definitely a case of better safe than sorry.

23 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Didnt devs added an ability to sleep in bed to fix your position and prevent these kinds of teleportations and other shenanigans? (assuming that your base is fully enclosed with roof)

They did and I use it pretty often but I also found what seems to be a glitch where sometimes when I log in it allows me to move around freely but not access anything so then I log back out (sometimes a few times) and eventually it logs me into the sleeping on the bed position I logged out in. When using the bed is the only time I noticed it happening. 

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:28 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

They did and I use it pretty often but I also found what seems to be a glitch where sometimes when I log in it allows me to move around freely but not access anything so then I log back out (sometimes a few times) and eventually it logs me into the sleeping on the bed position I logged out in. When using the bed is the only time I noticed it happening. 

ya I see that bug as well, you can move around etc but cannot access anything, you usually have to fix be re-logging back into server.  A PITA to do until WC recognizes it as a bug as it does not do it all the time.....but enough times

Archived