Raft spamming in PvE

wasser510

33 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You can lure leeds to a raft. 

It is a garbage move and I'd spend the next few days just bringing leeds and other dino's that can damage wood to this area and sit underneath the raft eating rare flowers. 

they can always gate it.

damn im glad i left PvE but i gotta admit even on legacy i had 20 rafts to destroy if i wanted to tame/hatch something but couldnt.

2 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

they can always gate it

But they haven't yet. Lol. Also unless allied or the same tribe looks like multiple tribes that would need to work together to gate it properly. This seems more like trolling/keeping some items for cap purposes when really all they need to do is put a bed on 3 platforms and boom they have 57 tame slots to use at their convenience. 

26 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

But they haven't yet. Lol. Also unless allied or the same tribe looks like multiple tribes that would need to work together to gate it properly. This seems more like trolling/keeping some items for cap purposes when really all they need to do is put a bed on 3 platforms and boom they have 57 tame slots to use at their convenience. 

but then they cant control amount of slots in case they need one

• Volunteer Moderator

I don't necessarily think this is an issue to be honest. I mean, if they want to have 500 rafts in their tribe, how is that different than another tribe that have 500 dinos parked at their base taking dust? They have 500 slots and this is up to them to use them the way they wants. OP is asking Wildcard to "limit" them while they technically already are limited to 500 per tribe. I would see it as an issue if said tribes/players were abusing alliances just for the purpose of filling the servers with thousands of rafts exceeding their 500 limit slots (much like 3/4 of large tribes are doing with dinos anyways) but if they want to have 100-200 rafts to be part of their 500 limit I don't see it as an issue.

13 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I don't necessarily think this is an issue to be honest. I mean, if they want to have 500 rafts in their tribe, how is that different than another tribe that have 500 dinos parked at their base taking dust? They have 500 slots and this is up to them to use them the way they wants. OP is asking Wildcard to "limit" them while they technically already are limited to 500 per tribe. I would see it as an issue if said tribes/players were abusing alliances just for the purpose of filling the servers with thousands of rafts exceeding their 500 limit slots (much like 3/4 of large tribes are doing with dinos anyways) but if they want to have 100-200 rafts to be part of their 500 limit I don't see it as an issue.

This is a fair point. I still think people are shocked that WC gave PvE players 500 dino slot limit. That essentially means they want a server to house thirteen 5 person tribes for it to run as efficiently as possible with max dino limit. That of course won't happen as I'd venture most tribes consist of 2 or 3 players and a lot of solo players and maybe a few 5 member tribes (for PvE anyway) and most PvE server's have 50+ tribes (can see that just flying around and looking at different tribe names) that all play at different times. 

So this becomes an issue because if a tribe has 300+ dino's you may see 100 of them at any given point but if a tribe has 200 rafts displayed like this people see it as a spot hoarding not even thinking about the fact it counts against their tribe limit. 

I guess out of sight out of mind applies here. 

46 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Yeah we got that 500 Limit... Problem is that the limit is 5500 Dinos per Server what would be 11 Tribes Dinocapped. We are far more than 11 rather large Tribes on Rag. not counting smaller and new Tribes. So basicly having and easy method like this to get spots as a nobody is not healthy for the server...

2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You can lure leeds to a raft. 

It is a garbage move and I'd spend the next few days just bringing leeds and other dino's that can damage wood to this area and sit underneath the raft eating rare flowers. 

sadly this is on Rag and leeds are verrrrry rare here...

People make rafts to level. And if they don't look at these rafts enough they will decay. I was suspecting that rafts counted towards the tame limit (as I've managed to spawn wild rafts), which in itself is completely stupid. Rafts REQUIRE a rider and do not have any AI of their own meaning they don't take up server processing power. And then there's the issue of disowning rafts, demolishing keeps the raft in the game, does not grant the demolisher resources and prevents the raft from being claimed.

And if it's for the sole reason of tamecap safety, I'd tame and breed sheep if anything. Lots of wool and lots of mutton, which reduces the kibble needs for a tribe.

I think the real question we want to be asking is: WHY aren't rafts capped per tribe? Cap rafts to say idk, 10, problem solved. If people can't share 10 rafts between a tribe then idk.. 
Hi ArkRage. Pretty sure that /\ was already answered by that \/ . :). It is already capped. At 500.
9,500 on official PC servers.
Invincibleqc, do you happen to know what the server cap on offical Xbox is at this time?

Archived