Dino level gain didn't work for my rock drake

TheSnives

I set the dino level gain for melee to 5. The melee of all my dinos jumped from about 200-300 to about 1200. This worked perfectly for my singleplayer world. However when I raised my first two rock drakes, their melee started at around 200. It's like their stats aren't being calculated the same way as all my other dinos. 

My level 190ish karkinos does over 1000 damage per hit, but my drakes only do about 250. Anyone know Why? I played around with level affinity and tamed dino stats but it makes all my other dinos have ridiculous amounts of melee. I changed the tamed dino melee stat multiplier to 1 from .17 and my drake had 1000 melee while my karkinos had over 7000. Are rock drakes designed to be terrible combat mounts or are my settings screwed up?

And speaking of server settings, im gonna try to tame a reaper soon. Will the setting to change how long it takes for eggs to incubate effect how much time I have to gain exp for the baby?

27 minutes ago, TheSnives said:

And speaking of server settings, im gonna try to tame a reaper soon. Will the setting to change how long it takes for eggs to incubate effect how much time I have to gain exp for the baby?

Yes that should reduce the gestation period, and give you less time to get the +75 levels but there's a good balance as long as you're not ridiculously high. 

To me, those settings sound messed up. Rock Drake's can still hit pretty hard, there shouldn't be that much of a difference unless something was off. 

Archived