Having a hard time finding a good PvE server

Deadscvm

Hey all! I'm switching from PS4 to PC and seem to be having problems....every official server I go on is apparently at a server wide dino tame limit, which I had no idea existed. I am simply a PvE player, I have no interest in PvP or single player, but I've been trying for a couple hours and cant for the life of me find one that isn't just completely full of buildings and pillars with nowhere to build, along with that pesky tame limit. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, I just want to play on a populated server with a couple friends.

Hi. I've been playing on an official pve server for a couple months now and things are coming into picture as I deal with the daily bs. First of all, the pillars don't necessarily mean these people are planning to build there in the future or anything. These are to guard natural resources (including dinos spawns for meat) and keep people from blocking cave entrances, etc. Second reason for the pillars is to simply make the life of a new player hard and to make them frustrated, enough for them to find a new server "AS SOON AS POSSIBLE." This is because the fresh players will have a very different mindset, one that is very optimistic and ready to overindulge, however we've all been there at one point.. The problem is, past that point of "finding a living space, taming a couple dinos," you will encounter face to face, the harsh reality of tame caps.. At that point you will get angry at yourself and other players on the server, especially new players who were just like you, but now decide to give up and leave the server due to not being able to tame dinos on a dino game... When these types of players accumulate, those 1-2 dinos per player accumulates to the hundreds, as most new players will pick an official PvE server to first experience and learn the game, either that or they hop on a pvp server only to get captured, tortured, ultimately retreating to an official PvE server.. Its a wasteland for experimental, one night stand types of players, and in order to preserve a somewhat playable server, the older players realize this similar mindset of new players just experimenting and leaving, so they will try to make them leave sooner than later, using these tactics. At this point, one must hate the game, not the players within it... Its a restrictive burden that stems from WildCard's business model, the community is not naturally toxic, neither directly through chat, nor indirectly by placing the pillars. It's inevitable.

On 1/20/2018 at 2:09 PM, epicfailure said:

Hi. I've been playing on an official pve server for a couple months now and things are coming into picture as I deal with the daily bs. First of all, the pillars don't necessarily mean these people are planning to build there in the future or anything. These are to guard natural resources (including dinos spawns for meat) and keep people from blocking cave entrances, etc. Second reason for the pillars is to simply make the life of a new player hard and to make them frustrated, enough for them to find a new server "AS SOON AS POSSIBLE." This is because the fresh players will have a very different mindset, one that is very optimistic and ready to overindulge, however we've all been there at one point.. The problem is, past that point of "finding a living space, taming a couple dinos," you will encounter face to face, the harsh reality of tame caps.. At that point you will get angry at yourself and other players on the server, especially new players who were just like you, but now decide to give up and leave the server due to not being able to tame dinos on a dino game... When these types of players accumulate, those 1-2 dinos per player accumulates to the hundreds, as most new players will pick an official PvE server to first experience and learn the game, either that or they hop on a pvp server only to get captured, tortured, ultimately retreating to an official PvE server.. Its a wasteland for experimental, one night stand types of players, and in order to preserve a somewhat playable server, the older players realize this similar mindset of new players just experimenting and leaving, so they will try to make them leave sooner than later, using these tactics. At this point, one must hate the game, not the players within it... Its a restrictive burden that stems from WildCard's business model, the community is not naturally toxic, neither directly through chat, nor indirectly by placing the pillars. It's inevitable.

It didn't used to be as bad before the new servers.  Sure some servers managed to reach tame cap but not in the widespread fashion it is now.  They deleted about 420 servers and only made 170 or so new servers before Aberration in PVE so it was inevitable that the tame cap issue would get much MUCH worse.  To add fuel to the fire there has been a huge exodus from the remaining Legacy servers due to the insecurity of their future.  Pile all those people into the very limited number of servers on PC and you get tame cap across the board, and hundreds of hundreds of empty and near empty legacy servers.

• 11 months later...

I run a cluster on Ps4 but would like to make a recommendation to all of you looking for a server. If you look for an unofficial pc server that means there are admins running them, usually. Most server in this catagory are running flag systems that make players go to an ob to to read rules and get free flags with the current color. This flag color tells the admins who is active so that on wipe days, on my server every 2-3 weeks, we know who’s active, and who isn’t by looking at their flag color at their bases. We don’t wipe bases with current color. This system keeps servers clutter free, lag down, and availability to find good base spots. Good luck in your search guys, hope this helps.

On 1/18/2018 at 3:57 PM, Deadscvm said:

Hey all! I'm switching from PS4 to PC and seem to be having problems....every official server I go on is apparently at a server wide dino tame limit, which I had no idea existed. I am simply a PvE player, I have no interest in PvP or single player, but I've been trying for a couple hours and cant for the life of me find one that isn't just completely full of buildings and pillars with nowhere to build, along with that pesky tame limit. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, I just want to play on a populated server with a couple friends.

Read my suggestion at the bottoms of the list here, might be helpful.

• 2 months later...
  • Jerryn locked this topic

Archived