Double breeding?

Adwel

Before Aberration, every weekend (ok most, every i recall) had double breeding/maturation rates.

I stopped breeding when I realised they didnt turn it on for the Holiday event, where it was mysteriously absent.

Did they have double breeding/maturation on last weekend?

Im curious and trying to get an idea about this weekend.

1 hour ago, NajaNivea said:

Does not matter in PVE, sadly :( , beacuse almost all official PVE reached the server tame cap :( Very hard to breed in PVE nowadays. Sometimes our tribe just collects some resources during breed events too, and we are waiting for the miracle... 

Start a war with someone, you'll be able to breed after that.

Just now, Dylan1602 said:

Yeah, I'm sure there is an option to arrange a war with another tribe. Just use your older dinos with the lesser stats instead of holding on to them. It'll free up space on the server tame limit for sure.

How do you expect to attack another tribe in a PvE setting?
Are PvE Tribe Wars enabled on servers?

3 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Ahh cool, wasn't aware this was enabled on officials.
That's pretty interesting to toy with.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is an option. Obviously being PVE both tribes have to agree to it before anything can happen but that is one way of helping the tame cap. Even if everyone done like a weekly tournament or something and the winners get a plot of land or some cool gear or mutation as a prize in good spirit? I'm PvP but I think this would be a reasonable solution to the tame cap? 

Nothing like wiping bases or anything like that because I know that is why the majority play PvE, so that doesn't happen, but something like all the server meet up at a location with 40 tames for say, have a massive battle in the field and the victor gets the prize? No one loses their bases, everyone can carry on breeding, it's generally just a big bit of fun. Thats how i would do it anyway. Not sure how it would actually go down in the PvE communities.

4 hours ago, Supaciv said:

Being as it was a gong show last weekend on Xbox with it being able to log I to the game after the update, I should hope they would have a do over and have the event again this weekend....

The event was the root cause of the issue. Lol. I know the hardware needed an upgrade as well but on PS4 we experienced several roll backs including one while I was off that took the food out of the troughs costing me 2 Quetzal's for the 5 hours I was offline to get a little shut eye.

No more enhanced maturation until the server's can handle the introduction of 100's of new dino's and millions of additional calculations needed to support such an event because on console, at least, they can't in the state they are in. 

The event was the root cause of the issue. Lol. I know the hardware needed an upgrade as well but on PS4 we experienced several roll backs including one while I was off that took the food out of the troughs costing me 2 Quetzal's for the 5 hours I was offline to get a little shut eye.
No more enhanced maturation until the server's can handle the introduction of 100's of new dino's and millions of additional calculations needed to support such an event because on console, at least, they can't in the state they are in. 
Lol the event had no part in the issues Xbox had last weekend

7 minutes ago, Supaciv said:
23 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Lol the event had no part in the issues Xbox had last weekend

Maybe not but the rest still reigns as true. Server's can't handle a 2x maturation project and the gains end up being minimal. I'd rather all my dino's survive and not to be kicked from the server every 2 hours. 

Maybe not but the rest still reigns as true. Server's can't handle a 2x maturation project and the gains end up being minimal. I'd rather all my dino's survive and not to be kicked from the server every 2 hours. 
Our severs are fine with events, wc keeps screwing us over with friday night updates is all we have to worry about

7 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is an option. Obviously being PVE both tribes have to agree to it before anything can happen but that is one way of helping the tame cap. Even if everyone done like a weekly tournament or something and the winners get a plot of land or some cool gear or mutation as a prize in good spirit? I'm PvP but I think this would be a reasonable solution to the tame cap? 

Nothing like wiping bases or anything like that because I know that is why the majority play PvE, so that doesn't happen, but something like all the server meet up at a location with 40 tames for say, have a massive battle in the field and the victor gets the prize? No one loses their bases, everyone can carry on breeding, it's generally just a big bit of fun. Thats how i would do it anyway. Not sure how it would actually go down in the PvE communities.

When I played official PVE back on legacy, we used to handle tame cap similar to this or sometimes just to let two disagreeing tribes fight it out. 

We'd arrange for them to meet at a neutral battleground (usually a neutral parties base) and let them fight it out. 

Usually the whole server turned up to watch the fight and even bets were made. Winning tribe usually won something like blueprints or a mutated dinosaur from the defeated tribe. Prizes were agreed upon before the fighting began, and most of the time there was no bad blood afterwards. 

Archived