when will wildcard realize that pvp and pve need different set of rules/rates?

OttoGrunf

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, holden4ever said:

Again, who am I affecting if I fly as fast as I want in a single player game or my own private server? Nobody. I don't want 400% or anything that drastic, I just want to be able to increase the speed of the slower flyers so it doesn't take all day just to go anywhere.

I know your not affecting anyone other than yourself. The more unstable a game is the worse it looks on the devs I'm guessing they decided that the crashes due to high speed flyers was tarnishing there reputation and put a stop to them 

Wildcard has shown themselves to either not care that the 2 modes need different balances to be fun or are just to incompetent to do so.

At the very least if they can't be bothered to properly balance Officials then do a better job with unofficials. the Flyer nerf killed the fun of playing this game, let alone some of the other changes. Complaining about certain things being overpowered in PVE can be, is 100% irrelevent when the game already gives so many options to change the game how we want; plus let's just be real here the game loses most of of it's difficulty as soon as you get a few Trikes or a pack of 2 or more Raptors. Once you can craft a shield and bolas it's ridiculus. It's also laughably easy to get food/water in this game.

In my opinion this is one of the least challenging games in the survival genre but where it excels is it's sandbox nature and it's PvP aspects. This game is at it's best when I'm allowed to let my creativity take over, but when something gets 'balanced' in every mode because there was an issue for only one mode and an aspect of the game gets completely removed that takes enjoyment of the product from a lot of people.

9 hours ago, TBoa said:

I know your not affecting anyone other than yourself. The more unstable a game is the worse it looks on the devs I'm guessing they decided that the crashes due to high speed flyers was tarnishing there reputation and put a stop to them 

I doubt that has anything to do with it. I believe it was a knee jerk reaction to stop people using flyers as much on official servers and nothing more. Like I said, there is no reason why it had to be implemented in single player or private servers. I can already fly as far as I want by increasing the stamina % for each level up. I should be able to increase the speed % as well. If my game crashes because of it that's my problem and in no way does that look bad for Wildcard. Either add the option to allow speed level ups or let us use mods on console that do the same thing.

Ofc when you fly to fast it causes you to dc. On abberation there's new no glide zones almost every two days. One being our base. Constant dc from gliding. Bet they nerf the gliding speed within 4 weeks. Heck even the environment can't render in most of the time after gliding. It does make the game look like poop. And makes them look like they can't develop a balanced game. By that I mean balancing the graphics and the world itself. If they would knock back ground clutter,bushes,rocks and trees the game could perform better.

On 1/18/2018 at 3:24 AM, OttoGrunf said:

when will wildcard realize that pvp and pve need different set of rules/rates? chess and checkers are played on same board with same figurines but its not same game.

pve need less xp gain so people have some kind of game progress that used to be on the beginning of ark. being able to level yourself up in 2h just by notes. also, flier speed nerf is pointless in pve and just making the game more grindy.

on other hand, boosting geathering rates in pvp but locking player speed to like 120% max of the current one is smart thing to do. defense and offense should be balanced with offline raiding a thing.

i remember pre crossark times, when largest tribes where like 10-15 people, it was possible to come to server, build yourself up (especially on events) and wipe them. now having those megatribes its just matter of time where their sheer numbers will prevail. but i get it, wildcard members dont play official pvp and they cant realize or comprehand whats goin on there, but can at least listen to players.

so, @TheRightHand and other wildcarders, make different set of rulers and rates for pvp and pve officials

These types of, "But make official the way I want you to make it!" requests are pointless. You can find customized rates, rules, and mechanics on unofficial servers. Wildcard has made it very clear on multiple occasions that PvE and PvP will retain the same rates, rules, and mechanics on official servers. If Wildcard had any intention of caving to these demands, they would have done it a long time ago.

If you refuse to accept that, it's on you...but you're wasting your time with this.

3 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

I never once had bad issues due to flying too quickly. Maybe it's because I always fly fairly high but I have no idea about the technical stuff lol. Funny enough it's underwater that gave my Xbox trouble if I turned swim speed too high.

Agreed underwater lag is pretty bad. They  just really should set hard limits on movement speed for everything somewhere before it gets so fast it causes lag.

30 minutes ago, mattress said:

Agreed underwater lag is pretty bad. They  just really should set hard limits on movement speed for everything somewhere before it gets so fast it causes lag.

Perhaps on console games where everyone has essentially the same hardware this might be considered reasonable, but I can't think of many PC players who would get behind this...at least not PC players with decent-to-solid rigs. 

As it stands, I start experiencing lag around 200% movement speed while sprint-flying on a Wyvern through Ragnarok, (Classic Flyers mod) whereas my neighbor who plays on a laptop gets lag when he turns around too fast. I don't think it's a terrible idea, I just think it'd be pretty hard to find a middle ground, lol.

On 1/20/2018 at 2:03 AM, LouSpowells said:

These types of, "But make official the way I want you to make it!" requests are pointless. You can find customized rates, rules, and mechanics on unofficial servers. Wildcard has made it very clear on multiple occasions that PvE and PvP will retain the same rates, rules, and mechanics on official servers. If Wildcard had any intention of caving to these demands, they would have done it a long time ago.

If you refuse to accept that, it's on you...but you're wasting your time with this.

you totally super misses the point. if you actually think about what i wrote, not just trying to reply and for argument sake, you would realize that im right

17 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

you totally super misses the point. if you actually think about what i wrote, not just trying to reply and for argument sake, you would realize that im right

"You don't agree with me which means you must not have read what I said because everyone who reads what I say should agree with me 100%!!!"

I'm not telling you you're wrong for wanting server settings set to your own personal tastes. I'm telling you that you already have that option. If you can't grasp that concept then you're just going to have to continue stewing until you boil over and put your own fire out.

On 1/18/2018 at 6:24 AM, OttoGrunf said:

when will wildcard realize that pvp and pve need different set of rules/rates? chess and checkers are played on same board with same figurines but its not same game.

pve need less xp gain so people have some kind of game progress that used to be on the beginning of ark. being able to level yourself up in 2h just by notes. also, flier speed nerf is pointless in pve and just making the game more grindy.

on other hand, boosting geathering rates in pvp but locking player speed to like 120% max of the current one is smart thing to do. defense and offense should be balanced with offline raiding a thing.

i remember pre crossark times, when largest tribes where like 10-15 people, it was possible to come to server, build yourself up (especially on events) and wipe them. now having those megatribes its just matter of time where their sheer numbers will prevail. but i get it, wildcard members dont play official pvp and they cant realize or comprehand whats goin on there, but can at least listen to players.

so, @TheRightHand and other wildcarders, make different set of rulers and rates for pvp and pve officials

the answer is ARK 2 

They know it is needed but they wont do anything about it because it is not possible to code/implement properly and they don't have the resources to throw at it right now.

Same reason randoms can mess up a boss fight. Bad game design choices.

19 minutes ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

Ugh true...all resources are at extinction and an unmentioned player mod map

No they aren't. 

29 minutes ago, Demerus said:

They know it is needed but they wont do anything about it because it is not possible to code/implement properly and they don't have the resources to throw at it right now.

Or, consider this for a moment: They, like most others, don't think it's necessary to make PvP and PvE different. *mind blown* 

2 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

No they aren't. 

Or, consider this for a moment: They, like most others, don't think it's necessary to make PvP and PvE different. *mind blown* 

And in thinking that being completely wrong. Proper balance would be better for all involved, it just takes actual work and WC has shown repeatedly ghey prefer quick and easy band-aides.

17 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

And in thinking that being completely wrong. Proper balance would be better for all involved, it just takes actual work and WC has shown repeatedly ghey prefer quick and easy band-aides.

You can purvey this silly "I want proper balance" crap if it makes you feel better, but that's not what you want. You just want Wildcard to balance the game your way instead of their way. Here's the thing though: They're not going to do that.

If you want "proper balance," then do it. Rent a server, and give it your version of "proper balance." If your ideas for balance are as mind-bendingly amazing as you pretend they are, people will flock to your paradise of a server and Wildcard will be so disappointed at how amazing you and your genius ideas are that they'll come begging and pleading with you to rebalance Official for them. They'll pay you millions of dollars and mommy and daddy will be proud and all Ark players will gather around you and kneel and kiss your feet and you will be elected King of the World and get a crown made of lollipops and gumdrops and the nice candy man will give you a golden egg without you having to ask.

Until then, Official is on Wildcard's dime. When it comes to the free servers that Wildcard offers, they pay the bills, they make the rules, they set the balance. If they decide to change that balance, they will. If not, they won't...unless of course you blow their damned minds when you and Otto make that new fancy-schmancy razzle-dazzle wonderland of a "properly balanced" unofficial server. You'll show them. I believe in you.

Guest DJRone89
49 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

You can purvey this silly "I want proper balance" crap if it makes you feel better, but that's not what you want. You just want Wildcard to balance the game your way instead of their way. Here's the thing though: They're not going to do that.

If you want "proper balance," then do it. Rent a server, and give it your version of "proper balance." If your ideas for balance are as mind-bendingly amazing as you pretend they are, people will flock to your paradise of a server and Wildcard will be so disappointed at how amazing you and your genius ideas are that they'll come begging and pleading with you to rebalance Official for them. They'll pay you millions of dollars and mommy and daddy will be proud and all Ark players will gather around you and kneel and kiss your feet and you will be elected King of the World and get a crown made of lollipops and gumdrops and the nice candy man will give you a golden egg without you having to ask.

Until then, Official is on Wildcard's dime. When it comes to the free servers that Wildcard offers, they pay the bills, they make the rules, they set the balance. If they decide to change that balance, they will. If not, they won't...unless of course you blow their damned minds when you and Otto make that new fancy-schmancy razzle-dazzle wonderland of a "properly balanced" unofficial server. You'll show them. I believe in you.

I may not always agree with everything you say but for this and most things, your delivery is exceptional.

On 1/19/2018 at 8:43 PM, LouSpowells said:

Perhaps on console games where everyone has essentially the same hardware this might be considered reasonable, but I can't think of many PC players who would get behind this...at least not PC players with decent-to-solid rigs. 

As it stands, I start experiencing lag around 200% movement speed while sprint-flying on a Wyvern through Ragnarok, (Classic Flyers mod) whereas my neighbor who plays on a laptop gets lag when he turns around too fast. I don't think it's a terrible idea, I just think it'd be pretty hard to find a middle ground, lol.

Yes my apologies I often forget about the pc aspect because I play ark on console. As far as middle ground goes yes from what I have read so far on this forum it would be hard to come to a consensus on the color of the sky haha.

17 minutes ago, mattress said:

Yes my apologies I often forget about the pc aspect because I play ark on console. As far as middle ground goes yes from what I have read so far on this forum it would be hard to come to a consensus on the color of the sky haha.

...it'd be impossible. If Wildcard said the sky was blue, you'd have a handful of folks here arguing that there's no such thing as a sky just to prove how terrible Wildcard is. lol

And no apology necessary. It's normal when talking about a game that's on 3 platforms.

4 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

I never said anythinh about Officials did I? Calm your condescending little triggered self down. ?

Not my fault that me and others are obviously more creative than supposed professionals, it's WC for being so below-par at execution of product.

Guest DJRone89
4 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

I never said anythinh about Officials did I? Calm your condescending little triggered self down. ?

Not my fault that me and others are obviously more creative than supposed professionals, it's WC for being so below-par at execution of product.

I tried to agree with your earlier comments until I re read them and realised you disagreed with the flyer nerf and thought it killed the fun in the game.

Guess what buddy, I play PvE mostly and welcome most nerfs because it adds more challenge to the game - challenge gives more fun and enjoyment because it’s not as easy to achieve the same thing.

You claim you can do a better job but that’s laughable when you can’t even accept major changes that actually give balance.

7 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

A thinly veiled insult to deflect the point you can't address followed by a clearly absurd comment to justify your entitlement again.

Well, you're welcome to ignore the point. I'm not stopping you. Shout that "proper balance" stuff from the rooftops if you like. Wait! Here's an idea: You go ahead and keep begging Wildcard to implement your preferred (and obviously super creative) settings on the servers they pay for and offer to you for free. In the meantime I'll be playing on a cluster with the settings I prefer. We can have a race to see who has fun first.

...and I just won the race. So triggered. :(

Archived