when will wildcard realize that pvp and pve need different set of rules/rates?

OttoGrunf

when will wildcard realize that pvp and pve need different set of rules/rates? chess and checkers are played on same board with same figurines but its not same game.

pve need less xp gain so people have some kind of game progress that used to be on the beginning of ark. being able to level yourself up in 2h just by notes. also, flier speed nerf is pointless in pve and just making the game more grindy.

on other hand, boosting geathering rates in pvp but locking player speed to like 120% max of the current one is smart thing to do. defense and offense should be balanced with offline raiding a thing.

i remember pre crossark times, when largest tribes where like 10-15 people, it was possible to come to server, build yourself up (especially on events) and wipe them. now having those megatribes its just matter of time where their sheer numbers will prevail. but i get it, wildcard members dont play official pvp and they cant realize or comprehand whats goin on there, but can at least listen to players.

so, @TheRightHand and other wildcarders, make different set of rulers and rates for pvp and pve officials

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually, the Flier nerf of '17 WAS nessesary as Fliers could out-perform most any dino that wasn't a harvester, not only where they fast, but they didn't have to worry about terrain, they could avoid all danger if you payed attention while you flew, they where strong in combat (I've heard reports of people taking out Alpha Rexes with the Pteranadon's barrel roll). and they really had no downside.

3 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

when will wildcard realize that pvp and pve need different set of rules/rates? chess and checkers are played on same board with same figurines but its not same game.

pve need less xp gain so people have some kind of game progress that used to be on the beginning of ark. being able to level yourself up in 2h just by notes. also, flier speed nerf is pointless in pve and just making the game more grindy.

on other hand, boosting geathering rates in pvp but locking player speed to like 120% max of the current one is smart thing to do. defense and offense should be balanced with offline raiding a thing.

i remember pre crossark times, when largest tribes where like 10-15 people, it was possible to come to server, build yourself up (especially on events) and wipe them. now having those megatribes its just matter of time where their sheer numbers will prevail. but i get it, wildcard members dont play official pvp and they cant realize or comprehand whats goin on there, but can at least listen to players.

so, @TheRightHand and other wildcarders, make different set of rulers and rates for pvp and pve officials

I feel like it’s not there fault people exploit the system after playing a few times to level up quickly.

1 hour ago, Umber0010 said:

actually, the Flier nerf of '17 WAS nessesary as Fliers could out-perform most any dino that wasn't a harvester, not only where they fast, but they didn't have to worry about terrain, they could avoid all danger if you payed attention while you flew, they where strong in combat (I've heard reports of people taking out Alpha Rexes with the Pteranadon's barrel roll). and they really had no downside.

Well a year or so on and flyers are still fast, can still fly over all terrain and avoid all dangers, a high level ptera is still easy to get and breed and can still kill anything on the map pve. Just now it takes a little longer. All the flyer nerf changed was flying from one end of the map to the other takes really long and people now think twice about doing it, but still have no other way to get there so still have to fly. 

I I actually agree to most of what you say

4 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

PvE(I guess I have never played it)  the fun is the leveling and progression, a slower grind probably would make it more fun. 

Flyer nerf was pointless on pvp and pve, better to just cap speed to 200% and leave them with some stam. Traveling is annoying now and dog fights on strong Pteras was one of the most fun parts of raiding. 

Not down with the speed cap on pvp maybe cap it too 150% or something but 120 is too slow for the pve side of the game and would just get annoying fast. 

Agree with mega tribes ruining the game. Should cap tribes to 5 and no alliances. The game is way more fun to play in a small group of people you like but you will never compete with bigger tribes so it's either team up with a bunch of Americans and Germans to be a strong tribe where only the leader has fun or get wiped everyday with your English buddy's. Alliances ruin the game, I am in a tribe where the whole server is blue, it's basically a pve server, the only fights are when trolls come over and I guess it's not even fun for the trolls when everyone's built up so much and all come out to fight together. Pve alliance is only for starting server war and pvp it is only thing stopping server war. I know most mega alliances would all turn on each other and start infighting if suddenly tribe was capped at 5 and no alliance. 

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Umber0010 said:

I killed Alpha Rex’s on my god damn Quetzal. Back when you could just stand on its platform to regen stamina and instant force feed it. Ahh, those were the OP days.

Theres already different set of rules:

PvE can't use flyer carry

Offline Raid protection

No building in caves

PvP used to have no gamma option I think

As for what you suggested. I think the flyer nerf was also necessary for PvE, not just PvP.

As for the exp gain, I don't think it would be a good idea. Yes I agree leveling can be done very quickly but thats only if you farm exp. A new player with no idea where the notes are, who doesn't have a grinder, a chem bench or a giga to kill titans will take forever to level.

I don't think new players should be penalized because experienced players found ways of getting ridiculous exp very quickly.

I think player speed should be limited on PVP because those who max their lvls 75/75 on speed and melee just make the game miserable. They hit you once with a club and you’re knocked out, and they are 10 miles away when you wake up. It’s just annoying and craps on what PvP should be. Just another cheap tactic that people use because they are too dishonest to play like a normal person would. Always those people who have to find that one garbage troll method, “BUT ITS PVP BRUH”

2 hours ago, mattress said:

I feel like it’s not there fault people exploit the system after playing a few times to level up quickly.

The one thing I disagree with in reference to gaming companies is using the excuse that "well, that's a player issue due to exploits, not our issue". Its the companies excuse to not fix or deal with an issue. It's unprofessional to say the least. Do they need to fix it and are they obligated to fix it? No. Are they accountable for the exploit though , yes! It's their game and something wasn't done or fixed right. It's Not my fault, It's theirs. Many successful companies don't take this approach of making excuses though, so To each their own I guess. 

5 minutes ago, Critter said:

The one thing I disagree with in reference to gaming companies is using the excuse that "well, that's a player issue due to exploits, not our issue". Its the companies excuse to not fix or deal with an issue. It's unprofessional to say the least. Do they need to fix it and are they obligated to fix it? No. Are they accountable for the exploit though , yes! It's their game and something wasn't done or fixed right. It's Not my fault, It's theirs. 

I guess in my opinion it’s not really an exploit if you have played through the game once and know where they all are or if you choose to use guides to find them all quickly. I’m curious to hear your thoughts on how to fix it. Outside of never letting someone start a new character or banning people who find them to quickly or removing them all together I guess I’m just not sure where your going with this.

1 hour ago, mattress said:

I guess in my opinion it’s not really an exploit if you have played through the game once and know where they all are or if you choose to use guides to find them all quickly. I’m curious to hear your thoughts on how to fix it. Outside of never letting someone start a new character or banning people who find them to quickly or removing them all together I guess I’m just not sure where your going with this.

Was a general statement bubba lol 

I usually don't attempt to resolve exploits or issues I don't care about because I'm not paid to do it lol. If they pay me I'll do it ;)

1 hour ago, FrankTheCaesar said:

I think player speed should be limited on PVP because those who max their lvls 75/75 on speed and melee just make the game miserable. They hit you once with a club and you’re knocked out, and they are 10 miles away when you wake up. It’s just annoying and craps on what PvP should be. Just another cheap tactic that people use because they are too dishonest to play like a normal person would. Always those people who have to find that one garbage troll method, “BUT ITS PVP BRUH”

Sounds like hit and run guerilla tactics to me

5 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Well a year or so on and flyers are still fast, can still fly over all terrain and avoid all dangers, a high level ptera is still easy to get and breed and can still kill anything on the map pve. Just now it takes a little longer. All the flyer nerf changed was flying from one end of the map to the other takes really long and people now think twice about doing it, but still have no other way to get there so still have to fly. 

true, but now a days I may prefer to take my Thyla due to faster speed, climbing ability, and better damage

Not so many problems however I don't see why offline raiding is NEEDED. Rebalancing defences so that offline bases are defended, would make it so that pvp hardly happens.

lol set down mr overpowered turret and no ones messing with you :). 

buffing defensives would remove effectiveness off current weapons in the game and meta becomes who can place gennys and turrets fastest. 

We probably do need a different rule sets,its going to require a lot of thought though. 

i think increased resource rates is a good idea for pvp

Main problem with offline raiding is, its all a waste. No fun for attackers or defenders. 

I'm not a fan of being in a big tribe either, however i do believe that to waste all their progress, you should at least have to go to their base while they are ONLINE. knock out and cage them and continue with your raid. 

I feel like pvp should occur. 

with the games mechanics you could certainly knock out and cage multiple players. 

They get a chance to defend and you get a chance to plan and attack. 

12 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

Player speed capped at 120? Please pve peasants stay out of pvp issues lmao.

I would literally kill myself.

19 hours ago, Umber0010 said:

It may have been necessary for Official servers but there is absolutely no reason for it to be applied to single player or private servers. If I want to fly as fast as I can from one corner of the map to the other without stopping in my single player game or private server I should be able to. Who am I affecting by doing it? Nobody. I can already change stamina so I can do that so why remove the ability to increase flyer speed?

Guest DJRone89
7 minutes ago, holden4ever said:

It may have been necessary for Official servers but there is absolutely no reason for it to be applied to single player or private servers. If I want to fly as fast as I can from one corner of the map to the other without stopping in my single player game or private server I should be able to. Who am I affecting by doing it? Nobody. I can already change stamina so I can do that so why remove the ability to increase flyer speed?

Why use any other dino when all I need is a Pteranodon, right?

I had a fleet of Quetzals, each with their own purpose. The flyer nerf was great and much needed, and I’m a PvE player at the core (though I dabble in PvP when I get a blood thirst from lack of such activities).

People always hate on changes that make them take different steps to achieve the same goal. Move on, adapt, and evolve as the game implies, or stay in that easy mode bubble that burst a long time ago.

15 minutes ago, holden4ever said:

I understand what your saying but high move speed flyers cause tons of stability issues I use to have a couple of 400% move speed wyvs on a single player, the game couldn't render the map in fast enough when I used them and I'd dc all the time,players literally had the ability to level a stat until it crashed servers of course they got nerfed never mind the fact that you pump a Petra's speed to be faster than auto turrets can shoot and track I've solo raided loads of bases I shouldn't have been able to get near with a Petra an ascendent launcher and a few rockets 

Archived