Pregairing for lengthy outage duing update warings

ArianaGaming

32 minutes ago, Olivar said:

God another one.
Just because it's not happening in your little official bubble doesn't mean it's less important.
This is an issue and more people are already voicing their concerns about this.
The issue has been happening for quite a long time actually.

And there's even official servers running ORP.
So get of your high horse.
A bug is a bug and needs to be fixed. Whatever you think is relevant as to what constitutes a valid setup is your opinion, and in no way relevant to the discussion here.

I never said it was less important nor do I think I am better for playing on official. If you took it that way then that's not my fault or concern.

What I am saying though is that in Wild Card's eyes, a lot of things can cause conflicts that are out of their control when it comes to unofficial. However, like I said I had never heard of this bug until now so you might be right, that there are a lot of people voicing their concern about this and Wild Card may actually be looking into it. But as you also said it's been happening for quite a long time now and due to the fact that it's only affecting unofficial servers (never heard of an ORP official server having this issue) Wild Card may be less inclined to look into it, due to the complexity of unofficial servers and WC not having direct control over their respective settings.

Lastly, the very definition of a discussion is to express different points of view and opinions to further reach a deeper understanding of a topic, or to simply exchange ideas. Therefore your last statement makes you look quite silly, which is also quite ironic considering how determined you seem to try and belittle me and my opinion.

Nice.

Just now, Jacira said:

I never said it was less important nor do I think I am better for playing on official. If you took it that way then that's not my fault or concern.

What I am saying though is that in Wild Card's eyes, a lot of things can cause conflicts that are out of their control when it comes to unofficial. However, like I said I had never heard of this bug until now so you might be right, that there are a lot of people voicing their concern about this and Wild Card may actually be looking into it. But as you also said it's been happening for quite a long time now and due to the fact that it's only affecting unofficial servers (never heard of an ORP official server having this issue) Wild Card may be less inclined to look into it, due to the complexity of unofficial servers and WC not having direct control over their respective settings.

Lastly, the very definition of a discussion is to express different points of view and opinions to further reach a deeper understanding of a topic, or to simply exchange ideas. Therefore your last statement makes you look quite silly, which is also quite ironic considering how determined you seem to try and belittle me and my opinion.

Nice.

You're the one shutting down the discussion in the first place by turning it into an unofficial problem only.
You want to know why this is not happening on on an official server with ORP? Because nothing is going in stasis there and is constantly in rendering of one player or another.
Thus preventing the bug from kicking in and being reported by people.

So yes, the bug is not occurring on official servers because the conditions are not met on official servers due the amount of people constantly playing.
There is absolutely nothing to bring up about the "complexity" of unofficial servers. There's nothing complex about them in the first place, nor do their settings have any bearing on the ORP.
They run from the same code base, and are thus susceptible to the same problems.

Whether you have the belief that an unofficial configured server is going to be operating completely different than an official server has no bearing in this discussion.
That's a a problem, if it's even one, to solve for WildCard as they have developed the software in the first place.
How it operates, doesn't operate or interacts with configurations is conjecture from your side.
Unless you're an actual WildCard developer?

This is another unoficial bug, and ofc same thing as the last unoficial bug you reported, you are once again attacking/getting salty at survivors pointing out that it is only happening to you on unofficial. Try and accept another people´s opinions once in a while and stop trying to enforce your opinions on others.

i have told you several times, Unofficial is not the same as official for so many reasons, here you are once again proving that.

6 minutes ago, Olivar said:

You're the one shutting down the discussion in the first place by turning it into an unofficial problem only.
You want to know why this is not happening on on an official server with ORP? Because nothing is going in stasis there and is constantly in rendering of one player or another.
Thus preventing the bug from kicking in and being reported by people.

So yes, the bug is not occurring on official servers because the conditions are not met on official servers due the amount of people constantly playing.
There is absolutely nothing to bring up about the "complexity" of unofficial servers. There's nothing complex about them in the first place, nor do their settings have any bearing on the ORP.
They run from the same code base, and are thus susceptible to the same problems.

Whether you have the belief that an unofficial configured server is going to be operating completely different than an official server has no bearing in this discussion.
That's a a problem, if it's even one, to solve for WildCard as they have developed the software in the first place.
How it operates, doesn't operate or interacts with configurations is conjecture from your side.
Unless you're an actual WildCard developer?

Saying it's an unofficial problem only is not shutting down the discussion. That's expressing my opinion of the range this bug has over the game based on the evidence (or lack thereof) of the bug affecting official players/servers. If anything it's actually promoting the discussion by letting any official players reading this feel easy that this might not affect them.

Saying this is not happening on official servers because stuff never goes into stasis is the most ludicrous thing you have said yet. It's a fallacy to assume that stuff is always rendered in and also a contradiction of your earlier point about us little official players being in our little official bubble. So are we the minority or majority here? lol.... Furthermore, it makes you look ignorant because it clearly displays a lack of understanding as to how official servers operate. But wait, I'm not done yet... I can also prove your point of view is wrong with one simple sentence. If stuff always rendered in on official servers. I'd never have babies die from the Baby-Juvi render bug I spoke about earlier, as to which you also told me was irrelevant. Well look at that. Now it's directly relevant and being used to refute your point of view. Wow! Hooray for progressive discussion! :)

If you have ever hosted your own unofficial server you would know how much of the settings can actually be tweaked and how much instability that can cause on a server. However when it comes to this you are right, it is purely conjecture from my side. Obviously I do not know the ins and outs of how the game operates but I do know one thing, and it's not from speculation or rumour but from Wild Card themselves. When it comes to unofficial servers, any bug or problem you may encounter may not be the direct responsibility of Wild Card to fix. Therefore instead of stomping your feet and demanding "it's a bug fix it wc pl0x." You might have to take it with a grain of salt that maybe, just maybe... It might be out of their hands.

21 minutes ago, Jacira said:

Saying it's an unofficial problem only is not shutting down the discussion. That's expressing my opinion of the range this bug has over the game based on the evidence (or lack thereof) of the bug affecting official players/servers. If anything it's actually promoting the discussion by letting any official players reading this feel easy that this might not affect them.

It is shutting down the discussion. You're trying to dismiss an argument on the very base of something you're not even familiar with or have no understanding of, or is not applicable to your situation.

22 minutes ago, Jacira said:

Saying this is not happening on official servers because stuff never goes into stasis is the most ludicrous thing you have said yet. It's a fallacy to assume that stuff is always rendered in and also a contradiction of your earlier point about us little official players being in our little official bubble. So are we the minority or majority here? lol.... Furthermore, it makes you look ignorant because it clearly displays a lack of understanding as to how official servers operate. But wait, I'm not done yet... I can also prove your point of view is wrong with one simple sentence. If stuff always rendered in on official servers. I'd never have babies die from the Baby-Juvi render bug I spoke about earlier, as to which you also told me was irrelevant. Well look at that. Now it's directly relevant and being used to refute your point of view. Wow! Hooray for progressive discussion! :)

Again, your baby-Juvi bug is not the bug being discussed.
It might be similar, it might be the same, it might be because of rendering, it might not.
It's a different situation being discussed, thus not related. You're simply trying to twist your version into an argument.
Don't really know what more to tell you.

24 minutes ago, Jacira said:

If you have ever hosted your own unofficial server you would know how much of the settings can actually be tweaked and how much instability that can cause on a server. However when it comes to this you are right, it is purely conjecture from my side. Obviously I do not know the ins and outs of how the game operates but I do know one thing, and it's not from speculation or rumour but from Wild Card themselves. When it comes to unofficial servers, any bug or problem you may encounter may not be the direct responsibility of Wild Card to fix. Therefore instead of stomping your feet and demanding "it's a bug fix it wc pl0x." You might have to take it with a grain of salt that maybe, just maybe... It might be out of their hands.

Let me in on a little information.
I'm actually hosting a complete cluster of servers that have people playing on them daily.
When I'm reporting issues with unofficial servers I have a pretty good what I'm actually talking about.
And unlike you, I'm not speculating, I'm reporting experienced problems or reported problems that my users are complaining about.
Often verified by a few google searches to reveal more people are going through the same. Actually already demonstrated in this very same topic where people reported the exact same problem happening to them.

But by all means, keep beating around the bush ;)

7 hours ago, Olivar said:

It is shutting down the discussion. You're trying to dismiss an argument on the very base of something you're not even familiar with or have no understanding of, or is not applicable to your situation.

Again, your baby-Juvi bug is not the bug being discussed.
It might be similar, it might be the same, it might be because of rendering, it might not.
It's a different situation being discussed, thus not related. You're simply trying to twist your version into an argument.
Don't really know what more to tell you.

Let me in on a little information.
I'm actually hosting a complete cluster of servers that have people playing on them daily.
When I'm reporting issues with unofficial servers I have a pretty good what I'm actually talking about.
And unlike you, I'm not speculating, I'm reporting experienced problems or reported problems that my users are complaining about.
Often verified by a few google searches to reveal more people are going through the same. Actually already demonstrated in this very same topic where people reported the exact same problem happening to them.

But by all means, keep beating around the bush ;)

Saying it's only happening on unofficial servers is not dismissing the argument, it's narrowing down the problem. Regardless of whose responsibility it is to fix the bug it is still just that, a bug. Therefore I'm not dismissing but simply narrowing it down to try and discover whose responsibility it lies with to investigate the issue.

The baby-juvi bug (whether you like it or not) is part of this discussion. This thread is for all methods of keeping babies safe while offline and the baby-juvi bug directly relates to that. Please read what is being posted.

The point of my speculation was to try and help you open your eyes to the fact that Wild Card might not be able to help you on this issue. It's not speculation that there are a lot of bugs and errors with unofficial servers that Wild Card just cannot manage. Nevertheless, you are right that you're not speculating, you're instead just making outrageous blanket statements like dinos on official servers never go into stasis which makes you look even worse tbh.

But no matter how you see things, or how I see things. The fact is Wild Card cannot take responsibility for a lot of the faults unofficial servers face.

Despite all the speculation and circular arguments, that is my final point and I've made it. I cannot see any further discussion from you being productive so I'm ending this here. Regardless of whose responsibility it is to fix it... I do hope that the bug gets fixed, no one should have to deal with stuff dying offline if you've taken the time to ensure their safety.

Sorry for semi-hijacking the thread @ArianaGaming, but at least it means it's staying relevant and on the front page. :D

Archived